Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2008, 14:43   #1
BHPian

My I10 Magna - 3000 KM report

At the outset let me set the tone for this report. It is for sure going to be a more a positive report on my Car. Nevertheless I will try to remain as critical as much as I possibly can.

Let me take it in the traditional way. Let me first talk about what all I found bad in I10.
  • Handbrake: Somebody please help these. The car slips all over. Very poor. We have to pull it with all our strength to make it hold firm.
  • Suspension: Though a lot better than the Santro, needs further improvement. However, there is something good to it. Let me tell it in its positives later.
  • No space on the dash board: The dashboard looks clean and neat. But the dashboard in front of the passenger seat has curve so you cannot place things on it.
Well, this is all about so far, that I am not too happy with.
Now the more important what is good about it:
  • Handling: Thanks to it’s steering, you start struggling with driving all other cars. You suddenly start feeling driving all other cars is so painful….. Earlier I used to love to drive my Dad’s Fiesta. After my I10, I feel fiesta steering is as hard as of Gypsy! Ok. Jokes apart, point here is YOU WILL LOVE ITS EASE OF DRIVING and ESP THE STEERING.
  • Sturdiness: I was on a 1300 KM long trip in my I10. And there was this patch of road [NH4 near Harihar – towards Puna from Blore] which had undesired two very large humps. Totally ignorant of their existence I was driving at 120 KMPH. Guys, I braked. Hard. Just enough to bring the car to about 80KMPH. But even this was not enough. I couldn’t but took off the hump. The car was in the air. And there was another hump of its kind within 6 meters. Still in the shock of what I had done to my car, she jumped over the second hump equally terribly. I couldn’t believe what I had done. I thought the car would have had a wreck. I went to the service station immediately after I came back for an under chassis inspection. To my surprise there was nothing except a small dent on the lower arm. The service engineer said, it is all ok. I seriously doubt if any other car, would have survived such an accident so gracefully. The hard suspension and a great stability offered by chassis helped me. I am so sorry my dear. I promise, I will not do it again for you….
  • Fuel Efficiency: 15 KMPL without AC in city [Bangalore]. Great. Period.
  • Very good gear box: Gives you a sporty feeling. The throws are long, but the sound it makes while changing the gear, I just love it. Feel like you are on race track. The gears are very accurate and crisp.
  • Freshness: There is this thing about I10. It feels so fresh. People looking around make you feel so. Driving it makes you feel so. And yes, after you give it a wash and clean, you feel more so.
No issues with the engine. Or any other critical department.

All in all I suggest to buy this car for everybody looking for enjoying driving the car. City/Highway, doesn’t matter. It performs equally good. I bet you will hardly find this kind of driving pleasure in riding any other car in this segment.

Will update more info as I get some time to pen down.
Old 28th January 2008, 15:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nice review. My comments are in bold below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
  • No space on the dash board: The dashboard looks clean and neat. But the dashboard in front of the passenger seat has curve so you cannot place things on it.
Most Hyndai cars have this issue---even the Accent, Viva and if I'm not mistaken the Verna have this problem. Why doesn't Hyundai redesign the dash so that we can place something on it?
  • Handling: Thanks to it’s steering, you start struggling with driving all other cars. You suddenly start feeling driving all other cars is so painful….. Earlier I used to love to drive my Dad’s Fiesta. After my I10, I feel fiesta steering is as hard as of Gypsy! Ok. Jokes apart, point here is YOU WILL LOVE ITS EASE OF DRIVING and ESP THE STEERING.
Drive any car with EPS and you will get the same feeling, moreso if you are used to HPS all along.
Old 28th January 2008, 15:54   #3
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post

AFAIK, for safety's sake dash boards should be designed in a way so that you cannot keep anything there. So its actually a positive.

VBV
Old 28th January 2008, 16:00   #4
BHPian

Will there be a more happier person than me?

I have booked I 10 Magna Option and waiting for the delivery. :-)
Old 28th January 2008, 16:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

Just curious, how is the pickup in third gear, fully loaded with AC on at 75%? .
Old 28th January 2008, 16:04   #6
Senior - BHPian

nice review mate.

great to see you all proud of ur vehicle.

now, is the hand brake an issue with i10's? we had another user who had reported the same.
Old 28th January 2008, 16:04   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Just curious, how is the pickup in third gear, fully loaded with AC on at 75%? .
Well, understandably, not great. At the end of it all, it is only 1.1L with slightly higher power levels than the santro. So the performance maybe assumed to be almost the same as Santro, maybe a notch higher, comparable with increase in its power.
Old 28th January 2008, 16:43   #8
BHPian

Its MY TURN Now...update @ 1400 KMS

@penpavan - i was working hard to evade writing about the update @ 1400 kms (I am so lazy u know ) but your review inspired me to write mine. So....here I go...

My Gaddi No. I10 has so far clocked 1400 Kms and had been through her first service which was nothing more than washing on the outside, polishing on the inside, fixing the issues of Hand Brakes and Hard Suspension and other routine checkups.

Log drives for me were the Delhi-Gurgaon Ups n Downs on Weekends.

The weekness about the car have already been mentioned by the author of this post. To add to it I just wish that the front Passeneger storage box would have been a bit larger. There seems ample space on the front dashboard but can't utilise even a bit of it.

The car can easily wade through the ever growing Delhi traffic.
PickUp is good even with 5 people sitting at the back but turning the AC ON does keep you wanting for more.

At times I felt that the First Gear should have been a bit long.

Pickup is good even in third gear and that prevents you from frequent Gear-Shift (which is a boon in Delhi's Terrific Traffic)

Want to write more but a lot has already been said....

All in All.....Really fun to Drive....and Full Paisa Vasool....
Old 28th January 2008, 16:47   #9
Team-BHP Support

Chopre. Planning for an i10 in the family. Test drive kab dega ?
Old 18th February 2008, 13:16   #10
BHPian

Great

Enjoy the new gen car.
Really love it's looks and the features it offers.
Recently had a ride in my friend's i10(non magna), ride was silky smooth, really loved it.
Yeah, the handbrake issue persists with my friend's car too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks