Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2008, 12:58   #16
BHPian

Hi Jaibir, Congrats on your new purchase and enjoy the drive! How much did the final OTR price come to and were there any discounts?
Old 1st February 2008, 13:31   #17
BHPian

5.50L OTR. No discounts. Most dealers still quote a waiting period but if you scout around you should be able to get it ready
Old 1st February 2008, 13:34   #18
Team-BHP Support

jaibir 185s may be too thick for your stock rims. try getting vdi rims and putting them on. though 195s would be better if your gonna pete it.
Old 1st February 2008, 13:41   #19
BHPian

Congrats on your new Swift. Waiting for the pics...
Old 3rd February 2008, 20:49   #20
BHPian

Congratulations on the Swift Diesel. Try to limit your excitement with the turbo until the run-in period gets over! Do upsize your tyres to Michelins.

cya
A
Old 3rd February 2008, 23:12   #21
Team-BHP Support

185 on stock rim is just about ok, will work
Old 4th February 2008, 00:19   #22
BHPian

Got the tyre upgrade and the ICE install over the weekend. Also got some sunfilm put.

Landed up at the tyre shop (Anand Tyres) on Saturday around noon. Had already discussed things with him last week so no haggling on price etc. As mentioned earlier, I wasn't really looking for rims. This is where the first hiccup arose. Missus to be decided she wanted rims as they 'look good' - a condept I can't really relate to unless the thing under discussion also performs well. However, the decree was obeyed and we got Neo 14" rims (13.4k for 4) and Yokohoma 185/70/14 tyres (7.5k net of old tyres for 5). Paid an additional 340/- for wheel balancing.

There was a reasonable ICE guy next door - someone the missus to be vouched for. By this time my original ICE budget had been dented by the extra outlay on rims. So decided to downgrade the current install with a second stage to be put in sometime in the next few months. For now, I got a Pio 4050, JBL GTO 937 at the back, 6" 2-way JBL speakers and a set of JBL tweeters in the front. Sounds decent for the time being. Plan to add a set of components for the front with a 4 channel amp down the line. The current setup cost me about 13k grey with a dealer warranty.

I also got my first scratch - some moron in an accord left a small scratch on the rear bumper when the car was parked getting the upgrades. Unfortunately I was inside the ICE shop at the time so didnt get a chance to give the guy a piece of my mind. On the plus side, the scratch is quite minor and should be easy to fix with a small touch up - on the list for the first service.

At the time of delivery

Parked after the upgrades

Will put up some proper day time picks in the coming days.

Last edited by jaibir : 4th February 2008 at 00:20.
Old 4th February 2008, 00:44   #23
Team-BHP Support

Looks cool. Also, you may want to edit the pic to hide the number. Its a common practice on the forum.
Old 4th February 2008, 00:51   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Jaibir!! The 2008 edition Tail lamps are looking better. Hey is it just me or has she had a scrape on the left side?

Anyway enjoy the ride, its sure is fun
Old 4th February 2008, 01:49   #25
BHPian

Congratulations for the new ride jaibir. The black-silver combo rims look good on the car. Please post some close pics of the new rims and the rubber.
Have fun, and drive safe.
Old 4th February 2008, 06:33   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Congrats Jaibir!! The 2008 edition Tail lamps are looking better. Hey is it just me or has she had a scrape on the left side?

Anyway enjoy the ride, its sure is fun
its a scrape all right. the same one mentioned in the post with the pictures. got it free with the tyres and ICE
Old 4th February 2008, 10:00   #27
Senior - BHPian

@ Jaibir - Man, your car looks HOT! Sorry about the scratch. If you intend to fit an after market tacho, please consult the A.S.S. AFIK, the tacho connects to the ECU and some wires need to be cut. It could void your warranty!
Old 4th February 2008, 10:15   #28
Senior - BHPian

jaibir, your ride looks hot! i would say the rims are good match.

sorry to hear about the free scratch! guess you were too much involved in the ICE setup not to notice it when it happened.

would suggest that you remove the plastics on the seat (and why where in the interiors). Are you planning a seat cover?
Old 4th February 2008, 10:38   #29
Senior - BHPian

Great wheels Bro !! Dont worry about the scratch - Don't get it fixed as I feel there should always be one ( So that there wouldn't be any more )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Looks cool. Also, you may want to edit the pic to hide the number. Its a common practice on the forum.
Nah !! Thats OK, the only time we edit the pic for erasing the number is when we post a pic of someone else's car.
Old 4th February 2008, 11:12   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
its a scrape all right. the same one mentioned in the post with the pictures. got it free with the tyres and ICE
Its part of the ownership process, Iv got one on the rightside of the bumper too:(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks