Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2008, 17:40   #16

Upgrades

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tml#post714551
Posted by: dhiramos
On: 7th February 2008 15:32

_*ICE: *_Fitted a pioneer Head Unit with Aux-in and USB, since i listen to podcasts, plus the usual MP3/CD player. The dealer suggested 6"x9" JBL speakers for rear, and component speakers from audio dynamics for the front. The sound is great. He fitted an internal Electronic antenna, but hear a lot of noise while playing radio. Wondering why it is so.
Ford standard size for rear speakers is 5x7, but this dealer insisted that he has fitted 6x9 for rear previously. So i let him do so. Later when he started working, i saw that he had bent the sheet metal of the car around the speaker fitment area just to get the adaptor in place. Got really mad at this, but could not do much, since the damage was already done.
I now realized that most of them push smuggled brands like pioneer, and then try to palm off standard size speakers like 6" or 6x9, since the cost of these speakers is much less than non standard size like 5x7. Well, anyway, as of now, but for the signal noise while playing radio, the sound system performance is pretty good.

_*Other upgrades:*_ Ford says that the KN filter will not improve performance. However, in my old Santro, it made a certain improvement of about 10% in power and mileage. I'm not sure how well it works for diesels.

About the _*Petes' box*_, I'm just wondering if it would result in some extra impact to the cams and bearings. Besides i've taken a 3 year warranty from Ford. But some time later i may go in for it. But for those interested on performance improvement here is a technical article on a great website : TDI FAQ (TDI FAQ)

For those interested in how to break into a new engine (especially diesel) go to this link :
TheDieselStop.Com - TheDieselStop.com - Diesel Forums (TheDieselStop.Com - www.thedieselstop.com)

btw, mine is a ZXI model

Cheers
Old 12th February 2008, 15:30   #17

I fully agree after taking so many test rides with all diesel vehicles with ranging from 5 - 10, I found Ford Fiesta the most suitable.
Even I took test ride of Honda City although its not a diesel car.
I have one liners for each car

1) Tata indigo xl - Good car when u have a driver, not comfortable driving.
2) Logan - Pick up and driving pleasure missing.
3) Ford Fiesta - 2nd gear pickup missing
4) Verna - Good pickup with vibration a speed of 60-75, FE second point.
5) Optra Magnum - good stable vehicle, but comes to different price range.
6) Swift D - Good vehicle but its a small car.

Now I am satified with Fiesta.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks