Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2008, 15:32   #31
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
nope, from what i've read from those who TD'd it, the dicor is a lot more refined

Okkkk, will TD it at the next available oppurtunity. I'm all for more power

Old 18th February 2008, 15:35   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
I drove the turbo diesel, is that the same as the DiCOR? if it is, then I'm not impressed.
DiCOR isnt the same as Indica turbo; the former has a common rail direct injection setup. So far it's available on the Indigo, now available on Indica (I think).
Old 18th February 2008, 15:39   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Okkkk, will TD it at the next available oppurtunity. I'm all for more power
actually, its more about driveablity than power. it comes a lot earlier than 1800 rpm.
I believe the indica gearbox is the bottleneck as far as performance is concerned.
Old 18th February 2008, 15:45   #34
BHPian

When you compare the leg room in the back seat and ride comfort on bad roads. The India is leagues ahead in comparison to a Santro or a WagonR.
Old 18th February 2008, 16:23   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
When you compare the leg room in the back seat and ride comfort on bad roads. The India is leagues ahead in comparison to a Santro or a WagonR.

When I buy a car, I don't think about the rear seat comfort.
Old 18th February 2008, 16:55   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Yes true. But Getz gives some serious competition to Indica when it comes to legroom. However, when it comes to price, Indica wins hands down
Old 18th February 2008, 16:59   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
When I buy a car, I don't think about the rear seat comfort.
in my case , rear seat comfort was more important as they were the ones shelling out the cash

....and i settled for the turbo!

Last edited by greenhorn : 18th February 2008 at 17:01.
Old 21st February 2008, 18:17   #38
BHPian

re:Indica

Guys:
I own an Indica Xeta GLS, 2007 model. As of today, I have clocked only 6k kms on it. So, as you can see, I am neither a veteran Indica owner nor an Indica expert. However, I would like to list down couple of issues (this is entirely my personal opinion) that I have niticed in my indica.
  1. Visibility in Indica is poor : When it comes to left side visibility and front visibility, Indica scores poor in my scale. In order to drive properly in a back to back hyderabad traffic, I had to fix a flag rod in from of the xeta. By the way, I am 5'-11'' tall.
  2. Turning radius: I feel that the turning radius of the xeta is greater than its competitors. So, at least for me, taking sharp turns may not be possible.
  3. Weight of the vehicle: Again the weight of this vehicle is at least 20% more than that of its any competitors. I suspect that because of the sheer weight, this vehicle get flat tyre more often than its competitor.
Again, these are my feeling about indica. Despite all these issues that I have said, it is a true VFM. Hence, if I got another chance to select a budget vehicle, it would again go for Indica.
Thanks for reading...
Old 21st February 2008, 21:05   #39
BANNED

I graduated to an Indica LSi in 2003 from a Maruti Omni. During the first week of ownership, I used to stop 1 car length behind the car in front! After that it was a breeze. Side visibility is assisted by having the LHS ORVM in my opinion. Using it regularly helps a lot in judging the breadth of the car.

84,000 km in 35 months - I've never felt visibility problems after the first week. Had the LHS ORVM fit during delivery itself. I had a total of 4 punctures in the OEM JK Tornado tyres which lasted me 65K (front) and 74K (rear). No punctures so far in the the MRF ZVTS (rear) and MRF ZTX (front) so far. Turning radius is HUGE compared to my old Omni (a motorcyle on 4 wheels)

I'm not arguing, only providing my perspective.
Old 21st February 2008, 21:18   #40
BHPian

I have been driving Indica on highway for more than 3 years and it never let me down. One instance when it went down was because one of of the highway petrol pump attendent poured petrol instead of diesel. So human error. I have driven close to 80K so far on every kind of road and never had any issue so far.
Fingure crossed.
Old 22nd February 2008, 09:57   #41
BANNED

sorry, typo - that should be 84,000 km in 59 months.
Old 22nd February 2008, 10:31   #42
Senior - BHPian

Indica is really a good highway car ,thats why we can see lots of indicabs on highwys. the only problems it had was the quality and panel gaps. But now Tata is improving on it.
Old 22nd February 2008, 12:08   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
But yes I would not want to hit a bump or pothole at a high speed on my Wagon. Hell I dont want to hit one unless I am sitting in a Tank.

But please this thread is not about Wagons.
I only wanted to express my opinion that a Wagon has IMHO no stability issues.
Agreed. Though that a WagonR takes bumps well in its stride, you do feel body roll in case you need to veer sharply to avoid the deeper part of the potholes in front.
This is where the Indica scores with its lower centre of gravity. I've also noticed that a diesel Indica takes ghat roads with lower strain on the driver than a WagonR. I mean you do not need to downshift that often.
Old 23rd February 2008, 14:49   #44

Power windows issue

Now I have clocked 1900Kms on my DLG Turbo. Pardon me if icall it a problem that for moving my front windows down, I have to put the key position to ign. While i feel it should be possible with the Key in without even selecting ign posn.
Old 23rd February 2008, 20:34   #45
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
But the engine it is very unreliable. u have to pray to god before going on long drives. u never know when ur engine will stall and for what reason. u will be completely clueless. i hope when they put fiat engines the indica will be the best ride.
I would disagree on this. I had Indica DLS 2001 had it for nearly 6 years, and driven around 80+K, before selling it. Not even once I had any issues with the engine, for that matter I have not heared one. It is noisy but dependable. In family we had a Sumo also run for 2L+ kms, in 7 years, no issues with engine or gear box. Friend of me had a Sumo ran for 1.3L kms before selling no issue with Tata engines.

regards,
-manju

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks