Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2008, 20:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! Here's wishing you miles & miles of safe driving!

Had a question for you:
Did you get the Bluetooth system enabled at the time of delivery,or do you need to go back and get it done at the dealership? Just wondering,since I was told the chip that needs to be inserted to activate the system is purchased after delivery,and it can be done anytime later too.
Old 20th February 2008, 20:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Simply amazing. Congratulations.
Old 20th February 2008, 20:33   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtr21 View Post
Guys,

Finally got my C220 MT.
Congrats.

Quote:
A few gripes:
1. What's with the reverse gear? I need to use two hands to change to it
Did you try slightly lifting the gear lever and pushing to reverse slot.
Old 20th February 2008, 20:52   #19
BHPian

Thanks guys!. Will post a complete picture set in a couple of days time max.

@Nitin: There was no extra chip inserted, the car comes stock with the bluetooth speaker/module. The pairing of the car and phone is very simple. Just like pairing your phone with a headset/computer. Enter the same auth code in both places.

@Rakish: Nope. There is no up/down lever. Just another notch left of gear 1 which we can put by using a bit of force.

@GTO: I'll let you know about the tyres tomorrow . But I'm pretty happy with them and not planning on changing. Will post pics of the alloys too.

@Karandeep: There is no sports model in India. I guess the grille can be imported. Must cost about 45k or so.

@Deepak: There is no hand brake in the C!. There is an additional lever next to the clutch which acts as the hand brake. Just gotta press it hard and the brake holds. To release, there is a parking release lever next to the steering.

@Raja: The interior is completely black, with dark wood and chrome trimmings. Will post pics ASAP.
Old 20th February 2008, 21:06   #20
BHPian

Yeldo

I was planning to get an E280CDI from the used car market, but now the new C220CDI seems a good alternative. Besides, it is available with manual gearbox. The initial ownership report for the C220CDI seems favorable. Team BHP might soon have another happy C owner
Old 20th February 2008, 22:05   #21
BHPian

Hey xtr21, congrats on your new car! Is the other grill available at Mercedes spares shop? It may be great idea to swap. How much did it cost in hand?

Are you looking at adding more to it, like tyres, hifi or anything else?
Old 20th February 2008, 23:59   #22
BHPian

@Raghavv: The grill is not available in Bangalore currently, but I'm actively searching for it. I think I will keep the car stock for a year or so, then might go in for better tyres.

@all: Have a look at this link.
eBay Motors: MERCEDES C CLASS W204 SPORT GRILLE (item 360015035650 end time Mar-17-08 21:17:53 PDT)

MB C-Class Sport Grille Conversion
(no Intl shipping)

The sports grill can be ordered to India for about 200$. Do you think it looks good & genuine? Will the sports grille + no mounted logo look better that the normal grille + mounted logo.

@Yeldo: I think the E is due for replacement in a couple of years, whereas this C will be replaced in about 7 years!. Plus nothing better than the smell & driving experience of a new Mercedes.
Old 21st February 2008, 00:19   #23
F50
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy xtr21!! The car looks very good. Seen the same color car in Bandra and then a white one in Kolhapur. It looks amazing. I feel you should go for the Sport Grille.
This should give you & others a better idea. Atleast gave me. lol

Old 21st February 2008, 01:45   #24
BHPian

The car looks really great in the Avantgarde form(sports grill + bumpers etc.) but I don't know how the grill without the AMG style front and rear bumpers would look. If possible, just get the entire kit when they do release in India (which I think they will be doing in some time). Just the grill for 8 grand doesn't seem bad though!!
Old 21st February 2008, 02:13   #25
BHPian

Gratz

Congratulations man on the purchase.
Looking forward to pictures of interiors and details on ride quality equipment, etc.
The sports grill will look amazing.Now only if we could get the high end C class in India.
Cheers
Old 21st February 2008, 02:41   #26
ajibba

Congratulations on your new ride

Old 22nd February 2008, 22:57   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Good choice...you'll soon be a dieselhead,a phenomenon you'll find hard to recover.
Old 22nd February 2008, 23:06   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Raghavv: The grill is not available in Bangalore currently, but I'm actively searching for it. I think I will keep the car stock for a year or so, then might go in for better tyres.

@all: Have a look at this link.
eBay Motors: MERCEDES C CLASS W204 SPORT GRILLE (item 360015035650 end time Mar-17-08 21:17:53 PDT)

MB C-Class Sport Grille Conversion
(no Intl shipping)

The sports grill can be ordered to India for about 200$. Do you think it looks good & genuine? Will the sports grille + no mounted logo look better that the normal grille + mounted logo.
Why not ask some of the local modifiers to fabricate a bumper and grill for you. We surely have talented people in India how can do quality jobs. No harm in checking out with them.
Old 24th February 2008, 13:00   #29
BHPian

XTR21, I saw the C220 MT at Sundaram yesterday. The center console seems very high. It gives a position like you are sitting on a sofa. I think it may pose a problem, if somebody wants to drive the vehicle enthusiastically. Do you find changing gears exciting?
Old 24th February 2008, 15:30   #30
BANNED

Congarst on ya new ride

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks