Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2019, 22:10   #1846
BHPian

Re: Highest reading on the odometer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Vikas View Post
Today, my 2010 make Fabia has completed 1.50 lac kms, of course showing 'age' by now but still going great, I would say.

Just 2 months back, we had a 2600 km trip to Chennai with full capacity on board, of cabin & boot too..

Does the "engine malfunction" lamp always stay on? I have a Chevvy Spark 2007 model, just shy of 1lac ODO which has the same issue. I was wondering if this is something one should worry about or it's fine with older cars?
Old 20th July 2019, 23:37   #1847
BHPian

Quote:
Does the "engine malfunction" lamp always stay on?
It had been on for a while with INSP alert in the MID.
So, I guessed that might be in relation to the service schedule alert and I had the 9th annual paid service of the car done at Skoda ASS on 22nd June.
The lamp disappeared then but just for few days only and it has emerged once again now.

Though, there hasn't been any kind of malfunction observed apparently while driving, I am thinking, finally the time to upgrade has come now.
Old 27th July 2019, 21:27   #1848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Vikas View Post
It had been on for a while with INSP alert in the MID.
So, I guessed that might be in relation to the service schedule alert and I had the 9th annual paid service of the car done at Skoda ASS on 22nd June.
The lamp disappeared then but just for few days only and it has emerged once again now.

Though, there hasn't been any kind of malfunction observed apparently while driving, I am thinking, finally the time to upgrade has come now.
Your catalytic converter is on its way out. Nothing else, don't bother replacing it.
Rshrey22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 21:53   #1849
BHPian

Quote:
Your catalytic converter is on its way out. Nothing else, don't bother replacing it.
Thanks Rshrey22.

When visited the Skoda ASS, I was intimated about the possible failure of EGR also. But no word on Catalytic converter was there, I remember.

Anyways, have started looking for a change now.
Dr.Vikas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 19:29   #1850
BHPian

Re: Skoda Fabia reviews (petrol and diesel)

There is no posts for a while.
I am looking at buying a pre owned car for my daughter, this is going to be her first car for driving to office and back. probably 20 kms a day.
There are many Skoda Fabia on sale, is there any specific model that I should be looking at?
What should I be aware of before buying a pre-owned car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks