Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2008, 22:27   #91
BHPian

@chaxy
just viewed your bolero pics, which seats were those man? where did you get them and what's the price and are they height adjustable? pretty cool!
Old 30th March 2008, 02:09   #92
Senior - BHPian

Missed out on this thread. Congrats on your new beast, err, beauty !!
But this is one time when a beast isn't a bad thing! Love the alloys.. they look killer!
Maintain your ride well sir, and have fun!
Old 30th March 2008, 15:14   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburagohain View Post
@chaxy
just viewed your bolero pics, which seats were those man? where did you get them and what's the price and are they height adjustable? pretty cool!
The seats are used seats which are imported in the grey market. In 99 i had modified our 1976 Premier padmini with a 1.5L turbo Toyota Engine with floor shift, AC and these seats. I had bought them for Rs 8k . Then i had them fixed in Bolero as the original seats were no good. They also have height adjustments. I got them in a town called vijayawada in AP which is well known for diesel engine alterations. should have retained the seat before selling the bolero

Last edited by chaxy : 30th March 2008 at 15:15.
Old 30th March 2008, 16:05   #94
BHPian

too bad you didn't change the seats, they look real comfy and to think of a pair of seats that has seen 7-8 years of use and still holding strong, just too good.

the seats in the safari are very good, only thing i miss is the height adjustment, mine is an lx so didn't get the oem height adjustable seat.. a little higher and i would have had excellent thigh support.. back support is very good, nothing to complain but to only enjoy the ride.
Old 30th March 2008, 18:10   #95
BHPian

I am owning a 2.2 EX 4 x 2. I was wondering is it possible to fit aftermarket 7J alloy in the new design spare wheel cover. If not is it advisable to go for a set of 4 alloys in 7J size and keep the stock rim in the spare tyre so that it fits into the rear wheel cover.
Old 31st March 2008, 11:13   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Brightness is almost same as the stock lamps but that depends on the quality of the paint job/number of coats.
I disagree.

It's difficult to see the light during the day
- at night however its not so much of a problem.

I moved from smoked lamps to the OE setup a while back and am much happier now that the initial euphoria has worn off.
Old 31st March 2008, 19:29   #97
BHPian

hey guys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Congratulations buddy! Enjoy and drive safe.
thanks jaya. i am thoroughly enjoying it and i do drive safe..!

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Missed out on this thread. Congrats on your new beast, err, beauty !!
But this is one time when a beast isn't a bad thing! Love the alloys.. they look killer!
Maintain your ride well sir, and have fun!

thanks razor dude. like your handle!!

i agree that beast isin't a bad thing, but as they say, "why mess with a good thing!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDHRUV View Post
I am owning a 2.2 EX 4 x 2. I was wondering is it possible to fit aftermarket 7J alloy in the new design spare wheel cover. If not is it advisable to go for a set of 4 alloys in 7J size and keep the stock rim in the spare tyre so that it fits into the rear wheel cover.

DDD,

the 7j alloys will not fit in the new spare wheel cover, since as you are aware, it is wider than the stock. if you were to leave the stock rim for the spare wheel, you are then committed to only using it is a spare wheel, not allowing normal rotation of tyres.

all this is also assuming that the tyre width remains the same and has not been upsized. driving on different rim sizes is not particularly safe in terms of handling and i would certainly not recommend it. you could leave the spare literally as a spare, but then the compromises exist - your call!!

btw - congrats on your ride!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
I disagree.

I moved from smoked lamps to the OE setup a while back and am much happier now that the initial euphoria has worn off.

hey manveet,

thanks dude. i'm not sure about smoking the lamps - bit of two mindedness at work here!! getting less and less inclined to actually painting the plastic bits.

cheers guys...

p.s. after my first tankful of gas refilled today - i actually got a respectable 11.52 kmpl on regular diesel, in the city completely and with 100% ac on. the big man is pleased....!!
Old 31st March 2008, 21:00   #98
Senior - BHPian

OT

Quote:
I disagree.

Oye have you seen my cars tail lamps during the day ?
They are as bright as stock lamps.
As i said in my earlier post it depends on the paintjob/number of coats.

Sorry for hijacking your thread BTB.
Quote:
p.s. after my first tankful of gas refilled today - i actually got a respectable 11.52 kmpl on regular diesel, in the city completely and with 100% ac on. the big man is pleased....!!
NICE.!
Old 31st March 2008, 21:29   #99
adc
Senior - BHPian

Fuel Duel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Do revert after you do so with feedback regarding engine noise/refinement change.

Completed 550 km run to the forests of Jhargram, this Sunday-Monday.

I have been using Premium fuels all through since I got the VTT. No black smoke and decent fuel average of around 12 [highway+city].

For the first time, I thought about using plain diesel without additives, for this run, as some of us were reporting less noise to more fuel efficiency to cat con troubles. As such filled up 55 litres of IOC plain diesel for this run.

Observations with plain diesel and NO additives

1. No change in pickup, nothing like that on plain diesel one looses bhp.

2. The smoothness was missing. With premium, I felt the engine noise was reduced. The difference though minimal was there. With premium fuel, the engine was almost silent at uniform speed.

3. I got an average of 10.2 kpl, this with 5 adults, luggage, and AC at 2 setting all the time. Of 550 km, 400 km was highway and rest 150 km was forest journeys.

The FE was less, I got a better average [12 kpl] with premium fuels for the Orissa forest run, and there also the ratio of forest to highway was the same as for this journey and with 5 adults and much more luggage.

So when do we come up with the standard fuel for the 2.2 VTT. Looks like the fuel choice will vary from person to person.

I will be filling up IOC plain diesel with the additive this time [System D], to see what effect this has. Otherwise back to premium diesel, do need back that smoothness.

Last edited by adc : 31st March 2008 at 21:39.
Old 31st March 2008, 21:32   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post

For the first time, I thought about using plain diesel without additives, for this run, as some of us were reporting less noice to more fuel efficiency to cat con troubles. As such filled up 55 litres of IOC plain diesel for this run.

I will be filling up IOC plain diesel with the additive this time [System D], to see what effect this have. Otherwise back to premium diesel, do need back that smoothness.
Thanks for the feedback. I should be doing the same from tomorrow after I get my Safari back after Ist free service.

In between do ask you TASS guys what they recommend.
Old 31st March 2008, 21:56   #101
BHPian

I wonder how I missed on this thread. BTB, your beauty has won many-a-hearts.

I just hope that my problems are sorted out at the earliest so that I can get myself a Pearl White beast/beauty/damsel/bombshell/babe.

Congrats on the beauty. Take good care of her and keep her beautiful.
Old 31st March 2008, 22:12   #102

Query?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
thanks mishra,

vkool film is on the anvil for the front windshield and i plan to keep the side windows and the rear as they are.

cheers man!!
Hi! I and a pal are looking at vkool for his Safari and my Fiesta. Do you know where we can get in installed in Delhi/Gurgaon? Have only gotten quotes for Llumar in Gurgaon. Rs. 3,500 for Fiesta and Rs. 4,000 for Safari.

I had installed a Garware 65% film earlier and it was the epitome of shoddy workmanship! The edges on all four windows came out frayed. Now, the power windows go up and down with a nice krrrrrrrccchc!
Old 1st April 2008, 20:58   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
OT

Oye have you seen my cars tail lamps during the day ?
They are as bright as stock lamps.
As i said in my earlier post it depends on the paintjob/number of coats.

Sorry for hijacking your thread BTB.NICE.!

lol dude!! no stress - get it all off your chest man!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post

1. No change in pickup, nothing like that on plain diesel one looses bhp.

2. The smoothness was missing. With premium, I felt the engine noise was reduced. The difference though minimal was there. With premium fuel, the engine was almost silent at uniform speed.

3. I got an average of 10.2 kpl, this with 5 adults, luggage, and AC at 2 setting all the time. Of 550 km, 400 km was highway and rest 150 km was forest journeys.

The FE was less, I got a better average [12 kpl] with premium fuels for the Orissa forest run, and there also the ratio of forest to highway was the same as for this journey and with 5 adults and much more luggage.

So when do we come up with the standard fuel for the 2.2 VTT. Looks like the fuel choice will vary from person to person.

i agree. i have used only premium petrol in my palio and WILL NOT put in regular gas. with the safari - i have only used regular diesel and i have noticed a bit of harshness with the engine.

i will now try using system d and see what the results are. as i said, i was suitably surprised with the mileage over the 1st tank of fuel, but it is all going to boil down to personal preferences when it comes to putting in the smelly stuff!!! cheers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
I wonder how I missed on this thread. BTB, your beauty has won many-a-hearts.

I just hope that my problems are sorted out at the earliest so that I can get myself a Pearl White beast/beauty/damsel/bombshell/babe.

Congrats on the beauty. Take good care of her and keep her beautiful.
cheers sumit,

i don't know how many hearts its won - it sure as hell has won mine!!

heres wishing that all your problems are sorted quickly - and you get your babe asap!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineOil View Post
Hi! I and a pal are looking at vkool for his Safari and my Fiesta. Do you know where we can get in installed in Delhi/Gurgaon? Have only gotten quotes for Llumar in Gurgaon. Rs. 3,500 for Fiesta and Rs. 4,000 for Safari.

I had installed a Garware 65% film earlier and it was the epitome of shoddy workmanship! The edges on all four windows came out frayed. Now, the power windows go up and down with a nice krrrrrrrccchc!

pm me and then we can try and get bulk discounts with the guy who did my ICE and camera. he is an authorised Llumar dealer as well.

i feel for your [/i]krrrrrrrrrccchc[/i] dude. i really do.

cheers and stay safe.
Old 2nd April 2008, 14:21   #104
BHPian

Congrats the Black Beauty tamer

Hello Mr.bIte tHe bulLet.
Congrats on being the proud owner of the Safari.cheers:
Truly a vehicle living up to its name....
After reading the reviews on a safari I guess its time to migrate from a sedan to a 4x4.
Old 2nd April 2008, 15:52   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancersfx View Post
Hello Mr.bIte tHe bulLet.
Congrats on being the proud owner of the Safari.cheers:
Truly a vehicle living up to its name....
After reading the reviews on a safari I guess its time to migrate from a sedan to a 4x4.

"muchos gracias senor!!!"

it IS time to migrate from a sedan my friend - even if it is a 4x2!!!

cheers dude and stay safe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks