Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2008, 16:06   #256
BHPian

The car is WHITE in colour and that is not Pearlescent paint. It just looks Pearlescent because of the lighting. But this picture shows how cool it would look in Pearlescent paint.

@Ram - I know quite a lot of cars have hinges protruding into the rear. But i think that the dzire hinges protrude way too much. Have never seen any car with so much intrusion of the hinges. I guess it will be realised only after you load up the car and then see.

@Akash - You are right about the stock tyres. They look just plain ugly.
Old 3rd April 2008, 11:37   #257
BHPian

I seriously think that this car looks weird because of the front which is stunted and so rounded.....feels like a bad fabrication job of just adding a boot......but come on...its a maruti......reliable, cheap to own,safe.......will sell like hot cake im sure because of the aggressive pricing.
Old 4th April 2008, 10:34   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_doctor View Post
I seriously think that this car looks weird because of the front which is stunted and so rounded.....feels like a bad fabrication job of just adding a boot......but come on...its a maruti......reliable, cheap to own,safe.......will sell like hot cake im sure because of the aggressive pricing.
It is definitely not a cheap fabrication job. The build quality is very good. And the shape is for sure much better than logan.
Old 4th April 2008, 12:23   #259
agm
BHPian

Hii

Dont know if you guys know about the price,i just got from the local dealer here in raipur.

1)- LDI- 5.57 L Ex-showroom
2)- VDI- 6.04 L Ex-showroom
3)- ZDI- 6.88 L Ex-showroom
Old 10th April 2008, 12:51   #260
Senior - BHPian

There was a query regarding the top end dzires namely ZDI/ZXI that why the cigarette lamp was not fixed in them while the vxi /vdi variants had them in the allotted sockets.In the top end variants the cigarette lamp comes with a light which gets illuminated when the head lamps are switched on.So it was a costly one and came in a separate pack so that it wont get misplaced or damaged in transit.
ram
Old 11th April 2008, 20:02   #261
BHPian

Can anybody throw light on why engine modification was done for the dzire diesel engine ? If for the hatch the turbo kicks in at 2000 rpm why it was increased to 2200 - 2300 rpm for sedan?

Was it for fuel efficienty? But then the weight is only increased by 30kgs which doesn't do justice for shifting the turbo by 10%-12%
Old 25th July 2008, 16:34   #262
BANNED

Whatever be the sales numbers and performance of Swift Dzire, the car is out-of proportion when we compare front and back side profiles. The Swift hatch is a near-perfect design, but Dzire is not. It can be easily made proportionate by changing its sharp-bending A-pillar-to-roof join area to a curvaceous design, just like that of Esteem A-pillar.
Old 25th July 2008, 16:46   #263
BANNED

Sorry for the last posting - here is a modified one.

Maruti Swift Dzire is a huge hit as far as sales numbers and performance is considered. It sells more than 4000 per month.

But whatever be the sales numbers and performance of Swift Dzire prove, the car is out-of proportion when we compare front and back side profiles. The Swift hatch is a near-perfect design, but Dzire is not. From direct front view, it is OK, as Swift hatch. From direct back view also, it is OK - looks like a fresh design in Indian roads. But from the side views - from any angle, the design is out-of-proportion. Even it has an Ambassador-like look from some angles.

A small change - from the visual point of view, not from mechanical point of view - can make it a very good looking car. It can be easily made proportionate by changing its sharp-bending A-pillar-to-roof join area to a curvaceous design, just like that of Esteem A-pillar.
Old 11th November 2008, 14:37   #264
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
Can anybody throw light on why engine modification was done for the dzire diesel engine ? If for the hatch the turbo kicks in at 2000 rpm why it was increased to 2200 - 2300 rpm for sedan?

Was it for fuel efficienty? But then the weight is only increased by 30kgs which doesn't do justice for shifting the turbo by 10%-12%
Ofcourse, it is for FE only. The Swift hatch may be used as a performance car by many, but Maruti knows that Swift Dzire will be mainly used as a family car, where FE is very important. So they made this modification, I think.
Old 16th November 2008, 14:58   #265
aseemjohari

yes many of us are correct here...maruti dealers are asking for a premiun of Rs 30k to 50 k for the dzire delivery within 7 days.

i had finally short list newford ikon tdci......which is even cheaper frm swift hatch with abs OTR in delhi...!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks