Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2008, 23:23   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
He's about to reach the 2 lakh mark in his Dhanno.
But Dhanno girl is older & he is younger, not enough.
Old 28th March 2008, 17:46   #47
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Ishan - So finally we have a review of the i10 from you.

Good desicion there mate ( I did recommend this car before you bought it )

So when do we see a change of your car ? Anytime Soon ?? ( Accord, New Lancer !! )
Old 29th March 2008, 15:14   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
The only thing i didnt like about the i10 is the front of the car, and those headlamps in particular. They resemble lizard eyes to me.
Thanks Benny & yes, from the front it does have a weird face!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
Even my grandpa hates music and for him also music is 'useless sound' :(
i have tried reasoning with him several times but all in vain. The end result is that his 4 year alto is still without any stereo and thats why i never ever take it out for a ride.
I have a better story about my Mom's Santro! I had fitted it with an Alpine HU which came off my Honda & it was a tape deck. After a year or so it stopped paying CD's due to some small problem in it's head I suppose so I asked my Mum should I take it out & get it fixed? And she replies, no need let it not work at least that way the driver can't play anything when I'm travelling long-distance & give me a head ache!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
Cutest car on the block . The front seats look great . Perfect for a lady.
So which tyre is it gonna be ?
Thanks Max, tyres are stock, Bridgestone B250.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
i feel for you with no ICE man - keep the chin up though - mum's bound to crack under the relentless pressure!!!
Thanks BTB! And no need to pressure her man, it's not my car & I don't drive it either! Whether it gets any ICE or not doesn't make any difference to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Congrats Ishan!!

The colour suits the interiors. Excellent choice.
Thanks PW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Isn't Michelin XM1 available in 155/80-13...?
Thank you! And yes it is available in Michelin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorkats View Post
Congrats to your Mom and to you Ishaan!
Since you ain't going to drive the i10 much, might I suggest, you make a 'miniature brass Ishaan' complete with specs and all as a hood ornament?

OT:call me when you are in noida next buddy
And get beaten up by the same ornament when my Mum sees it?? I don't think so Doc!! Now I know why people say you shouldn't listen to Doctors all the time!

And I called you last I was in Noida, still waiting for your call back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Congrats to your mom Ishan. I think you got some serious catching up to do with your mom. She had a 04 santro & completed 1 Lakh Kms. Wow !
No John, I'm way ahead! My 03 Dhanno has already done 170k kms & my Santro before that did 105k kms!! There's a lot of catching up to do for her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Congrats Ishan - So finally we have a review of the i10 from you.

So when do we see a change of your car ? Anytime Soon ?? ( Accord, New Lancer !! )
Thanks Varun!

As for my car, something is beng planned, let's see what works out! Will keep you informed!

Last edited by iraghava : 29th March 2008 at 15:17.
Old 29th March 2008, 15:37   #49
BHPian

When you sit in the car, do you feel that the engine (and A.C) sound is higher than Santro and other cars?
Old 29th March 2008, 18:15   #50
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Ishan.

Couple of questions:
Does it come equipped with an immobiliser ?
Have you seen / bought a gear lock ?
Have you seen / bought seat covers ?

Asking because planning to buy the car in the future.
Old 29th March 2008, 18:59   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikat View Post
When you sit in the car, do you feel that the engine (and A.C) sound is higher than Santro and other cars?
In the car? No, I feel it's quieter. Outside, I feel that the engine sound is louder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Congrats Ishan.

Couple of questions:
Does it come equipped with an immobiliser ?
Have you seen / bought a gear lock ?
Have you seen / bought seat covers ?

Asking because planning to buy the car in the future.
Thanks Eddy. Answered your questions below:

1. No, on the Magna (which I bought) it doesn't.
2. Nope and wold be kinds hard to fit due to the lever's position.
3. Yes, seen lots of seat covers specific to the car they are available in the market. Remember, the front seats have integrated, non-detachable headrests.
Old 29th March 2008, 19:42   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
1. No, on the Magna (which I bought) it doesn't.
2. Nope and wold be kinds hard to fit due to the lever's position.
3. Yes, seen lots of seat covers specific to the car they are available in the market. Remember, the front seats have integrated, non-detachable headrests.
Thats my fear. With both of the two security features absent, it does become a little dicey. Autocop etc are useless generally.

The integrated seats is why I asked the question. Good to know that there are options for these new kinda seats.
Old 18th April 2008, 20:18   #53
Senior - BHPian

The car's now completed 4000 kms. Yesterday, I had to take it for my first proper long-distance drive in the car (same day 400 kms. round trip). Here's my impression of the same:

1. The A/C is bloody brilliant! Cools in no time & keeps it absolutely chilled. The fan is also pretty quiet. But the cooling is more effective when moving, when standing still with the A/C on, the cabin is not as chilled as I would like. However, given the intensity of the Sunlight in North India these days, a set of light tints is on order for the car & is needed.

2. The engine is pretty peppy & pretty eager to rev atleast till the 4-4.5k rpm mark (Didn't push more as the roads were not the best & didn't want to piss of Mum by raping her new car!). Performance is decent & you can easily maintain a cruising speed of 100-120 kmph.

3. Brakes are very, very good & pretty confidence inspiring.

4. Tyres - This is the first time I got to experience the B250's on a extended drive & on varied surfaces & the verdict is not good. I was extremely unhappy as the road noise from these tyres was very high & the grip too nothing to speak home about. I wouldn't be going for a new set of these tyres when replacing the stock ones but till then have to endure them.

5. Wind Noise - While on a whole the i10 is pretty quiet & comfortable there is quite a bit of road noise when the ORVM's are open. Their big size helps a lot when parking or dirving around what that also does is deflect a lot of wind & create quite a bit of noise especially when you have no ICE in the car

6. Suspension - On a whole has a very comfortable ride but up the pace on bad roads & the ride falls to pieces. The i10 like the Santro has a choppy ride when travelling at speeds on undulating or broken roads & even more so when there are poeple sitting in the back. It feels as if the suspension is running out of travel.

I suspect this is due to the stiffened rear suspension to compensate for the high COG of the tall design.

7. While on the subject of the tall design, I also do suspect that this car is going to have stability issues in strong crosswinds. While I've not been able to test the same but given the Santro's tendency to weave all over the road in crosswinds, I wouldn't be surprised if the i10 shares this fault too.

8. Gearshift - I really started admiring the lever's placement after this drive & realising how naturally the lever falls to place & makes for an intuitive shifting process. But yes, the shift is slightly notchy & does not have the delicacy of the Santro's gearbox.

9. FE - Is always a major thing for my mother (Not much for me!) and she's been very happy with the i10 in this regard. She's consistently returning 15kmpl with A/C which is 1-2 kmpl better than her Santro & this is keeping her quite happy!

Overall, very very satisfied with the car. Will update as the kilometers pile on!
Old 19th April 2008, 09:15   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Thats my fear. With both of the two security features absent, it does become a little dicey. Autocop etc are useless generally.

The integrated seats is why I asked the question. Good to know that there are options for these new kinda seats.
Me too still in search for the Gear Lock for i10 but no luck yet.

And for the seats for i10, Eddy just ask for Elegant Seat Covers in Karol Bagh. Believe me, its worth every penny.
Old 19th April 2008, 09:24   #55
Senior - BHPian

Hey, I missed this. Congrats on the new addition to the garage

Most likely my brother will be driving one too very soon... His first car. One thing I do like is that this car has really plush interiors!
Old 19th April 2008, 09:44   #56
Senior - BHPian

Oops... i missed it somehow.

Finally you clicked the i10 , but certainly a nice color choice as only two colors looks good on i10 i.e. Blue and white.

Congrates
Old 30th May 2008, 07:51   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
iraghava : 1. The A/C is bloody brilliant! Cools in no time & keeps it absolutely chilled.
Ishaan, have you noticed any drop in pick-up when the a/c is switched on ?

A friend is complaining that the cooling is so good that he has to switch the a/c off after a while. And he says the pick up drops too, a behaviour that was not seen on his Santro (he had a Santro before this).
Old 30th May 2008, 09:18   #58
BHPian

I have a i10 too. Yes, there is noticeable drop in pick-up when the A.C is turned on. Also it feels chilly pretty soon even when the A.C knob is set at 1. So I keep turning it off and on.
Old 30th May 2008, 11:55   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Well like title says, bought a new car for my mother. But to be honest, it was bought on the 25th of Jan and me being the lazy *** that I am, I never got around to taking pictures of it & starting a new thread. But just about 2 months later, today I have managed to do so!

First a little background, come December my mother declared that she wanted to changer her April '04 Santro as despite 3.5 years of trouble-free service the car had by now done 100k kms. & my mother wanted a change! So the hunt began & we shortlisted 3 cars: Swift, Estilo & the i10.

Swift got rejected because my mother was not comfortable with the visibility & apprehensive about what she had heard about it's FE figures. Estilo got rejected because both of us thought that it looked pig ugly! So, the final contender the i10 got the nod once we'd driven her around & were impressed with it's high-quality interiors. Ok, it's not really a looker but it doesn't look bad & our happy trouble-free experience with owning two Santro's back-to-back really swung it in the favour of Hyundai.

The version chosen was the Magna as my mother refused to pay the extra money for the models above that & the only colour we could agree upon was the Deep Ocean Blue. In hindsight we would have picked the White if it was available then.

The car was bought from HMP, New Delhi & as usual the process was smooth with no issues. However, they refused to even give Foot Mats or a Car Cover as complimentary saying that Hyundai had a new rule in place under which any dealer found gving out any discounts/freebies on the i10 is being fined Rs. 1 Lac! And they informed me that quite a few dealers in Delhi ahd already been fined!

Short review:

1. Excellent interiors & build quality. Compared to the Santro this is in a completely different league altogether. Everything feels well built & the plastics seem to be of high-quality. Though both my Mother & I have our doubts about the beige colour getting dirty in our conditions.

2. Engine is decent but not as peppy in the low-wnd as the Santro. However, FE is better than the Santro with the car consistently giving 15 kmpl in city driving.

3. Excellent A/C but real test will be in the months of May/June.

4. NVH & Refinement is also quite good.

5. Boot comes with built-in light making it easier to put in/take out stuff in the dark.

Negatives:

1. 155/80 R13 tyres on a 4B rim means upsizing is difficult especially as shifting to 175/70 would mean Alloys & a loss of FE (Important for my mother).

2. Engine noise when outside the car seems to be louder than the Santro.

3. Rearward visibility is bad due to the fat C-Pillar.

4. Beige dashboard reflects annoyingly on to the windscreen under direct sunlight.

More reviews to come as time progresses. Current odo reading stands at 3072 kms.

Some pictures:
iraghava:
Congrats, Sir. Just discovered your thread, and she's Real Gorgeous. It's the first information I'm reading on the i10 and I must say it's welcome info: she was voted Car of the Year, became the car to beat for so many, all-in-all lots of hype (perceived at my end, no doubt).

Thanks. While I wish you (and your Mom) Happy Driving, Antarctic-Cool A/C and F Consumption you strugle to Measure, I'd love to hear an indepth review- obviously as your experience with her deepens.

IMO she's pretty. Svelte haunches and docile- Hepburn-esque eyes melt one. And they seem to have chosen a Strategic Palette because the few i10s I've spied were in delicious ice-cream shades, quite rare, quite fetching.

On-the-Gas: How is she to drive when pushed? How does she handle? The latter question perhaps partly answers itself because you did say you found the rubber inadequate. Since you've owned a Santro, how reliable are they? Expected engine life?

Yours (for some vicarious pleasure- I haven't driven one, you see),
RG
Old 30th May 2008, 12:46   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Swift, Estilo & the i10
I will not surpraise even if your list is bigger with Wagon R, Alto, Santro, Indica etc. Congrats on your best selection.

If your mother likes you can give dual tone seat covers, they look very nice for darker color cars like yours. It gives a very attractive looks. Use the body color on seats at curves etc - interior guys knows it better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks