Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2008, 02:02   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhb2000 View Post
hey i booked ZDI today but the dealer told me they can get the car in about 25 days. I hope they are not bluffing lookking at people's response here on waiting period...
In my case the sales person mentioned the delivery period 4 week on the order booking form with all details & provided me with a copy. Assured me that I shall shortly receive a letter from Maruti Suzuki confirming the booking with booking serial number to help me with any enquiries.

Dzire ZDI: Ex-Mumbai 691682 + Reg individual 52788 + Insurance 20505 = Rs.764975.

The other dealer did gave me an option of 1 week delivery if I let go finance payout. I refused as my desire for dzire was not desperate.
Old 30th March 2008, 02:05   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats liberal. You'll be one of the first on the forum to own a DZire. Hope to get a comprehensive ownership report from you!
Old 30th March 2008, 02:12   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Visual difference too little between vdi and zdi!Didnt you notice the beige interior for zdi and blue gray for the vdi?
Nice discription of the feelings for the different cars.Did you see the white one,looks terrific.Silver is a good choice though.
ram
Personally I do feel the price difference between Vdi & Zdi is not reasonable. Beige Interior colours (not on dashboard and little on door interior) or fabric colour make little to the value proposition & are just minor eye candy .

If VDI had atleast ABS option I would have let go of ZDI.

Alloys on Dzire though different from ones on the swift are similar in appearance.
Old 30th March 2008, 17:46   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal View Post
In my case the sales person mentioned the delivery period 4 week on the order booking form with all details & provided me with a copy. Assured me that I shall shortly receive a letter from Maruti Suzuki confirming the booking with booking serial number to help me with any enquiries.
Do they mention delivery date on the booking form? I booked Dzire VDi @ Vipul Motors, Noida on 28th Mar. What I received was a RECEIPT with MARGIN MONEY written on it. Also, mentioned were the Model Name and Color. But no signs of a fixed date of delivery.

Am I being duped here by the dealers? Was he supposed to give me a formal Booking Form filled out. I know Huyndai dealers give this With Latest Delivery Date mentioned on it. Shall I ask for a booking serial number?

He told a delivery period of 10 days.
Old 30th March 2008, 20:21   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prkumar27 View Post
Do they mention delivery date on the booking form? I booked Dzire VDi @ Vipul Motors, Noida on 28th Mar. What I received was a RECEIPT with MARGIN MONEY written on it. Also, mentioned were the Model Name and Color. But no signs of a fixed date of delivery.

Am I being duped here by the dealers? Was he supposed to give me a formal Booking Form filled out. I know Huyndai dealers give this With Latest Delivery Date mentioned on it. Shall I ask for a booking serial number?

He told a delivery period of 10 days.
In my case they clearly mentioned 4 weeks along with date of booking & other details.

No serial number given, was informed serial number shall be provided by Maruti Suzuki via post, kindly confirm this process with your dealer.

It is always prudent to get the delivery period mentioned atleast on the receipt, in the event that there are delays later and you want take it up with Maruti.
Old 31st March 2008, 10:00   #21
BHPian

Quote:
There is 20L more boot space in the ZDi/ZXi(460L) compared to the other variants(440L), something to do with the seat positioning.
Can anyone explain this?

Link to article here(10 points to note about Swift DZire)
Old 31st March 2008, 12:18   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp421b View Post
Can anyone explain this?

Link to article here(10 points to note about Swift DZire)

In the brochure it is clearly mentioned about boot space less in ZXI/ZDI and its is due to wider tyres requiring extra stepney space.
Attached Thumbnails
TDs & Experiences till booking Dzire Diesel ZDI-boot.jpg  

Old 31st March 2008, 13:10   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
liberal : 7. Verna Petrol TD: Quiet engine, seats not comfortable, overall OK car. Wife: Thumbs down
Intresting observation.
Quote:
liberal : Boot acceptable space, boot lever/bar intruded in to luggage space,
Boot lever ?

Good to go for an ABS version. Hope you get it earlier than the quoted 4-5 weeks.
Old 31st March 2008, 15:32   #24
tez
BHPian

Quote:
In the brochure it is clearly mentioned about boot space less in ZXI/ZDI and its is due to wider tyres requiring extra stepney space.
Does it mean that if we upgrade the tyres for vdi, the stepney space will not be able to accomodate the spare tyre.
Old 31st March 2008, 16:25   #25
BHPian

I TDed ZDI at Competent in Delhi this weekend.

The silver color looked really good. I drove both bumper to bumper and open roads for about 10kms. Driveability was good at low speeds as well. Effortless pulling. Climate control was good, though I kept it high enough to minimize cabin noise. Rear space,IMHO, did not look cramped as noted by some other people here. I liked tilt steering as I can see dashboard more clearly based on my setting. Inside noise and vibration levels were minimal unlike other diesel cars.

Stereo quality was just OK. Speakers sounded bad on 75% + Vol setting. Manual OVRM looked out of place and paint on internal door opening knobs looked little flimsy. Glove box was rather small.

But overall very good package. I booked it.
Old 31st March 2008, 19:01   #26
BHPian

Quote:
My wife liked Dzire too, but did let me know that she would any day go for SX4 over Dzire if spaciousness & comfortable wide seats were the criteria.
But YES I had to do a bit of convincing for Dzire
If you could wait for some more time, you would have SX4 diesel which is going to rock, both on the performance, power & mileage since it will have an award winning Fiat engine. As your wifes comments (Verna Diesel engine on SX4) you will get in SX4 diesel.

Anyway congrats on your booking.
Old 31st March 2008, 21:13   #27
BHPian

Hi Gopinathann,

I don't think SX4 diesel is going to be available anytime this year. With Dzire available in both variants, Maruti is not going to bringout SX4 DDiS in a hurry as meeting the demand for Swift + Dzire diesel itself will be a uphill task for Maruti.
Old 31st March 2008, 21:29   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
If you could wait for some more time, you would have SX4 diesel which is going to rock, both on the performance, power & mileage since it will have an award winning Fiat engine. As your wifes comments (Verna Diesel engine on SX4) you will get in SX4 diesel.

Anyway congrats on your booking.
Exactly what we mentioned to the Sales guy while booking Dzire. If only there was a definite news of its coming within 12 months from now, We would have gladly went for SX4 1.9 DDSI ZDI with the premium associated with diesel cars.

Saurabhb2000, congrats on your booking Dzire, me too found Manual OVRM out of place. Felt good to hear the silver colour looked good ( havent seen this colour on Dzire in person)
Old 9th April 2008, 21:39   #29
BHPian

Hi Team,
Can anyone tell me how much is the difference in the rear seat leg space and sitting comfort between swift and dzire? I have been trying hard to get a test drive of dzire but have not succeeded yet. In swift, IMO the rear seat space is certainly not comfortable for adults during long drives. Is there any improvement in Dzire in this aspect?
Also, in hyderabad, the waiting period for dzire is being quoted as 3 months.
Thanx.
Max
Old 10th April 2008, 10:09   #30
BHPian

The leg space is the same, but the angle of incline of seat back has been increased & also it is curved in length like the SX4, this increases sholder space and provides overall comfortable sitting position.

The center arm rest is not hard and a third person in the center can have a relatively good back support.

Overall definitly better than the swift.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks