Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2008, 12:49   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal View Post
No serial number given, was informed serial number shall be provided by Maruti Suzuki via post, kindly confirm this process with your dealer.
Correction, the letter I received was from the dealer and not from Maruti. It included the details of booking, payments, registration, delivery process. The dealer has not committed any delivery date in the letter.

Asked Maruti customer care if I can expect the car to be available by the schedule provided by the dealer. CRM of Maruti was unhelpful and they forwarded my enquiry to the dealer.
Old 14th April 2008, 11:26   #32
BHPian

Quote:
The leg space is the same, but the angle of incline of seat back has been increased & also it is curved in length like the SX4, this increases sholder space and provides overall comfortable sitting position.

The center arm rest is not hard and a third person in the center can have a relatively good back support.

Overall definitly better than the swift.
True It is much better than swift rear in terms of comfort. I also tried sitting at the back during my test drive session. Quite acceptable leg room as well.
Old 14th April 2008, 21:16   #33
BHPian

An update:- Spoke to the sales executive and my apprehension of delays.

He explained to me the process of booking serial number and according to which Maruti allots cars each month.

Further, dealer can commit delivery date only when the list comes from Maruti about next dispatch (expected in 2-3 days).

He clarified that my booking serial number is next in line. I hope the silver colour booked is in the coming lot.
Old 14th April 2008, 22:31   #34
BHPian

Congrats for your new car booking !!!

Hope you get it soon !!!

Is ABS not even available as optional on VDi? It is in Swift.
Old 15th April 2008, 13:13   #35
Senior - BHPian

What is P-Valve (braking) mentioned in Dzire brochure?
Old 15th April 2008, 19:31   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
What is P-Valve (braking) mentioned in Dzire brochure?
Did some search... It is a conventional hydraulic braking system with proportioning valve which distributes braking pressure between front & rear wheels.. details at Howstuffworks "How Master Cylinders and Combination Valves Work"

Quote:
Originally Posted by an10 View Post
Is ABS not even available as optional on VDi? It is in Swift.
As informed by dealer/website, the Dzire has no ABS option on VDI/VXI.
Old 22nd April 2008, 16:11   #37
BHPian

liberal, did you take delivery?
Old 22nd April 2008, 19:27   #38
BHPian

Quote:
An update:- Spoke to the sales executive and my apprehension of delays.

He explained to me the process of booking serial number and according to which Maruti allots cars each month.

Further, dealer can commit delivery date only when the list comes from Maruti about next dispatch (expected in 2-3 days).

He clarified that my booking serial number is next in line. I hope the silver colour booked is in the coming lot.

Good that your issue is sorted. Hope that you get the delivery soon. Keep us updated.
Old 22nd April 2008, 19:52   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did some search... It is a conventional hydraulic braking system with proportioning valve which distributes braking pressure between front & rear wheels.. details at Howstuffworks "How Master Cylinders and Combination Valves Work"
Do all other cars have a p-valve mechanism?
Old 22nd April 2008, 19:55   #40
BHPian

Dealer had said that he is unable to provide delivery as per schedule as the vehicle is yet to be alloted from Maruti. Expected delvery around mid May.

Had called Maruti customer care, they dont have a clue.

Dealer has said that the finance deal last month is no longer available and is offering me loan 90% on road price @ 14% rate of interest & additional 4.5% payout.

Called up HDFC bank with my account details, I am offered pre apporved loan 100% on road price @10% interest (no payout), wondering which is a good deal.
Old 22nd April 2008, 20:15   #41
Senior - BHPian

I saw a DZire on the street earlier this evening. Looked mis-shapen to me. The car definitely looks better in the showroom. All cars do. But, the contrast here was stark. I would never buy this car. Sorry to say this, 'cause my intention is not to hurt any DZire owner's feelings, but to give my honest opinion. After the Esteem, this one looks like a Hunchback of Notre Dame on wheels. Designed in India, for sure!.
Old 22nd April 2008, 21:19   #42
BHPian

Correction: loan available is on 'showroom price' and not on 'on road price'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
I saw a DZire on the street earlier this evening. Looked mis-shapen to me. The car definitely looks better in the showroom. All cars do. But, the contrast here was stark. I would never buy this car. Sorry to say this, 'cause my intention is not to hurt any DZire owner's feelings, but to give my honest opinion. After the Esteem, this one looks like a Hunchback of Notre Dame on wheels. Designed in India, for sure!.
Dzire looks has been discussed to death already in the forum.
Old 23rd April 2008, 21:27   #43
BHPian

My family has booked a VDI in Bangalore. They were initially given a waiting period of 2-3 weeks but now they say they don't know and can be mid may. There are rumors that the car prices may increase because of the rise in steel prices. The dealer said this could also increase the price of cars that have already been booked. Did anybody else hear about this? or is it just the dealer trying to make a fast buck?
Old 23rd April 2008, 22:51   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestraveller View Post
My family has booked a VDI in Bangalore. They were initially given a waiting period of 2-3 weeks but now they say they don't know and can be mid may. There are rumors that the car prices may increase because of the rise in steel prices. The dealer said this could also increase the price of cars that have already been booked. Did anybody else hear about this? or is it just the dealer trying to make a fast buck?
There were clear reports in major newspapers that Maruti is going to hike prices from May-1 across all models. Just that the quantum of hike is not yet decided/announced. Dealers have been advised by Maruti to clear all existing stocks.

Maruti set to hike prices in May

Tip: Google is usually the best source for news in case one needs confirmation
Old 24th April 2008, 15:11   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirlp View Post
There were clear reports in major newspapers that Maruti is going to hike prices from May-1 across all models. Just that the quantum of hike is not yet decided/announced. Dealers have been advised by Maruti to clear all existing stocks.
Why would dealers want to clear exisiting stock when they can delay & bill the customers at a higher price on delivery after price hike.

The dealer has assured me of full refund of advance with no charge in the event of cancellation before invoicing.

Already the extended delay is dampening the enthusiasm. So if I dont like the new rates, shall cancel and opt for other alternatives or wait for forthcoming launches like the Fiat Linea.

Most Viewed