Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2008, 17:39   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal View Post
Why would dealers want to clear exisiting stock when they can delay & bill the customers at a higher price on delivery after price hike.

The dealer has assured me of full refund of advance with no charge in the event of cancellation before invoicing.

Already the extended delay is dampening the enthusiasm. So if I dont like the new rates, shall cancel and opt for other alternatives or wait for forthcoming launches like the Fiat Linea.
One of my friend had booked Dzire 15 days before the launch and was promised the delivery in 2 weeks. He has already paid the full amount to dealer and his emi has started but no clue of the car. The dealer is not ready to give any confirmed dates. No help from maruti helpline either.. This is really pathetic treatment. and it seems these is all across (ref: Maruti Swift Dzire Complaints)

Wondering what could be the reason? was suzuki not able to estimate/anticipate the response for dzire ?
Old 24th April 2008, 21:51   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwal View Post
Wondering what could be the reason? was suzuki not able to estimate/anticipate the response for dzire ?
Worse is the lack of credible information being provided to consumers about waiting time & delivery schedule, which is now a norm, especially with new Maruti launches.

I have been told that current waiting for new booking of Dzire ZDI in Mumbai is over 5 months ... well the way things are going, book now and hope for delivery in 2009.

Lately I have noticed a few Dzires on road, all petrol versions. Seen 2 Silver (zxi & Vxi), 1 Black (Vxi), 1 Beige (Vxi).

Even in the forum read about deliveries of Petrol Dzire cars. Yet to read about delivery/ownership review of diesel Dzire! Looks like the diesels are in short supply.

An executive of auto loan DSA told me to speak to them about loan once I get the delivery date since delay beyond delivery schedule are common for Dzire.

Kanwal, thanks for the link .. Maruti Swift Dzire Complaints

Found one reply to the post from Maruti official ... here it is..

Dear All,
Your concerns are valid and the reasons behind them, even more.
I would like to reassure you all on behalf of Maruti, that Customer Satisfaction is our prime motive and will always be.
Swift Dzire is a classic case of high demand and lean supply. There are capacity constraints we face at our Manesar plant where the Swifts, Dzires and SX4s are made. Ironically, for all models, the supply is lesser than demand. (The petrol Dzire is made lesser than the diesel one, due to greater demand for diesel variant.) The capacity will be increased shortly.

When Dzire was introduced, we stocked the car to flood the market. Thats why customers who booked their cars in the first few days got them quickly. And not because of any market sentiment fabricated by Maruti Suzuki.

I apologize to you all for the incovenience faced. I will do the neseccary at my end, but give us some time. We value each and every customer of ours.

Count on us.

Regards,
Nitish Kaul,
nitish.kaul@maruti.co.in
Zonal Office - North.

Last edited by Technocrat : 25th April 2008 at 13:44.
Old 25th April 2008, 18:08   #48
BHPian

So i guess the waiting time issue will be sorted soon. Hope it happens fast.
Old 25th April 2008, 20:14   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakul Kishan View Post
So i guess the waiting time issue will be sorted soon. Hope it happens fast.

Things are going to get worse, there is no possibility of increased supply.

Demand is outstripping supply big time. Stock built up of Dzire for launch bookings is exhausted.

There is news of capacity addition @ Manesar plant next year, then again it may not affect availability since due to upcoming new launches by Maruti.
Old 4th May 2008, 09:00   #50
BHPian

Well another update: Delivery postponed till June 08 end. This is against the original delivery schedule of max 4 weeks which probably was given with no application of mind.

I had booked on 28th March and delay in delivery date keeps increasing as there is no proper information. There is no proactive communication from dealer or Maruti, I am the one hounding them.

I am informed now that Dzire Zdi deliveries are averaging 1 per month/dealer. Even as my booking with them is no.4 it would take minimum June end for delivery.

Well now I only hope this schedule is not again revised. My wife is recommending me against cancellation of booking as she has agreed to this car after a long round of eliminations.
Old 5th May 2008, 14:17   #51
BHPian

Finally I have called the dealership to cancel the booking.

I am expecting a long time before I get the refund as I am being told the MD is on a holiday and all payments in Vitesse is made by him. (What Bulls...).

Moderators may kindly close this thread.
Old 5th May 2008, 15:34   #52
BHPian

but why??any specific reason for cancelation of booking
Old 5th May 2008, 17:53   #53
BHPian

exactly. why cancel? It's gonna delay delivery even if you start fresh, unless you have decided on another car?
Old 5th May 2008, 18:42   #54
BHPian

I was ready to wait provided there is a definite waiting period, every call resulted in extensions. Even the latest June end was a tentative.

I am very unhappy over the uncertainty & lack of committment on delivery.

Further Maruti Customer care were unable to respond to queries.

Shall decide on another car later during this year.

By the way personally visited dealership & received a written undertaking of refund in 5 working days.
Old 8th May 2008, 11:51   #55
BHPian

Quote:
I was ready to wait provided there is a definite waiting period, every call resulted in extensions. Even the latest June end was a tentative.

I am very unhappy over the uncertainty & lack of committment on delivery.

Further Maruti Customer care were unable to respond to queries.

Shall decide on another car later during this year.

By the way personally visited dealership & received a written undertaking of refund in 5 working days.
Oh oh...that was bad. You should not have cancelled the booking. Both you and wife liked it.
Old 17th May 2008, 10:58   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakul Kishan View Post
Oh oh...that was bad. You should not have cancelled the booking. Both you and wife liked it.
I have now bought a used Toyota Corolla which is rated best by my wife & also recommended by fellow bhpians cheers: at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...tml#post832003

We both are very happy with the purchase .
Old 17th May 2008, 21:01   #57
BHPian

Quote:
I have now bought a used Toyota Corolla which is rated best by my wife & also recommended by fellow bhpians cheers: at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...tml#post832003

We both are very happy with the purchase .
Congrats, It looks like all dzire customers are loosing their Desire. I also cancelled my booking and booked Aveo.
Old 19th May 2008, 10:18   #58
BHPian

Noticed on CNBS yesterday, Maruti Suzuki has jacked up Dzire pricing by 18,000 and SX4,Swift pricing by 9,000.
Old 19th May 2008, 11:02   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhb2000 View Post
Noticed on CNBS yesterday, Maruti Suzuki has jacked up Dzire pricing by 18,000 and SX4,Swift pricing by 9,000.
Just Checked bangalore prices in :: Maruti :: Swift Dzire ::

Bangalore Lanuch Price New Price Raise
Swift Dzire Ldi 521767 546267.29 24500.29
Swift Dzire Lxi 431767 456267.29 24500.29
Swift Dzire Vdi 567667 592266.87 24599.87
Swift Dzire Vxi 479767 504266.87 24499.87
Swift Dzire Zdi 652767 677266.95 24499.95
Swift Dzire Zxi 572767 597266.56 24499.56

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks