Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2008, 16:37   #31
BHPian

Congrats first! Which dealer? At least, tbhpians can avoid this dealer who brought in a car with the disconnected odo.

Pradeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
Booked the Maruti Swift Dzire Petrol Vxi (Silky Silver color) today 29th March 2008.

For the 3rd time in two years I found a car being used for demo having the speedometer, odometer 'not working'/ ?disconnected. The speedo would'nt move and the odo was stuck on 211 Kms inspite of a 2+ kilometre drive. And this car, unlike the other two, was even marked as a demo car. On questioning, the executive said the speedo and odo were 'malfunctioning.' Found the explanation difficult to buy. Anybody else with similar experience?

Last edited by pradkumar : 1st April 2008 at 16:39.
Old 1st April 2008, 17:52   #32
BHPian

Congrats for booking DZire. Good choice. Let us know when you finally get the delivery.
Old 1st April 2008, 18:21   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Murugan : The speedo would'nt move and the odo was stuck on 211 Kms inspite of a 2+ kilometre drive. And this car, unlike the other two, was even marked as a demo car. On questioning, the executive said the speedo and odo were 'malfunctioning.'
Got to ask these guys that if they cant support their own vehicles, how can they service & support customer's vehicles. Kind of every one mocking them.
Old 1st April 2008, 21:10   #34
F50
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Dzire Diesel is promised to be delivered before a month, any color, any variant. Even im planning for the White Dzire Vdi.
But I wont wait for a month...

As of now they are only selling Diesel no Petrols. Hence so much waiting period on Petrol Dzire. But what I feel is,

1) the petrol 87 bhp engine, wouldnt it be a bit sluggish?
2) The Dzire is 35-50 kgs heavier than Swift.
3) 87 bhp at the crank so its close to 75 bhp to the wheels.

Diesels do feel a bit sluggish when the AC is on but torque saves it. If the petrol is indeed sluggish then Maruti didnt wanna ruin the Dzire's image upfront hence launched Diesels first. Thats why all the TD cars are diesels, am I right?
Old 1st April 2008, 21:58   #35
BHPian

A Fast one!

Mods, please delete this post if inappropriate.

With the delivery of my Dzire scheduled for 7th of April I could not resist the temptation to pull a fast one on my friends today - 1st of April, All Fools day!

Here is the SMS I sent to more than 250 of my friends using the 'send to list' feature:

"Our 3rd one is due shortly. The Expected Date of Delivery is 7th April 2008. Please pray for the safe, swift and speedy delivery of our new desire."

I had entered hints such as "swift," "desire."

However most, except five of them (they knew I was scouting for a new car) fell for it. While many of the replies were 'congrats', 'best wishes,' 'our prayers are with you' etc, some of the replies were downright hilarious! A few:

1. Congrats! Will pray for the well being of the mother and baby.
2. My wife is also pregnant; pray for us too.
3. Since the first two are males, pray that Divine Mahalakshmi is born this time.
4. The blessings of the Almighty should give you a baby girl this time.
5. Best Wishes, keep us updated on the delivery, baby's weight etc.
6. A third one after so many years? Man, you are ACTIVE!
7. Our 4th one is due. In case you are wondering about the 3rd - we are expecting twins! Pray for us too.
8. Are you storing the cord blood to harvest stem cells? (This one was from a very concerned hematologist)
9. At your age, you are really trying to prove a point are'nt you?
10. Please limit your desires or else the Ministry of Public Welfare/ Population Control will be at your doors!
11. Great news, but is it not the wrong day (1st of April) to break the news?
12. Today is 1st of April; so is the news of your 3rd child really true?
13. You keep surprising us. At this rate you will have enough kids for every Surgical Speciality!
14. --- and many more similar to the ones above!

Obviously in our country with its rapidly multiplying population the only thing that people equate with delivery is a child!

So how do I break the news on 7th April/ the day of delivery of my Dzire, if I can hold on till then? Still planning that SMS!
Old 1st April 2008, 22:06   #36
BHPian

Quote:

With the delivery of my Dzire scheduled for 7th of April I could not resist the temptation to pull a fast one on my friends today - 1st of April, All Fools day!

Here is the SMS I sent to more than 250 of my friends using the 'send to list' feature:

"Our 3rd one is due shortly. The Expected Date of Delivery is 7th April 2008. Please pray for the safe, swift and speedy delivery of our new desire."

However most, except five of them (they knew I was scouting for a new car) fell for it. While many of the replies were 'congrats', 'best wishes,' 'our prayers are with you' etc, some of the replies were downright hilarious! A few:

3. Since the first two are males, pray that Divine Mahalakshmi is born this time.
7. Our 4th one is due. In case you are wondering about the 3rd - we are expecting twins! Pray for us too.
8. Are you storing the cord blood to harvest stem cells? (This one was from a very concerned hematologist)
10. Please limit your desires or else the Ministry of Public Welfare/ Population Control will be at your doors!
13. You keep surprising us. At this rate you will have enough kids for every Surgical Speciality!

Obviously in our country with its rapidly multiplying population the only thing that people equate with delivery is a child!

So how do I break the news on 7th April/ the day of delivery of my Dzire, if I can hold on till then? Still planning that SMS!
Really good one.. So now you will have many of your friends calling you and inquiring about the new desire's well being
Old 1st April 2008, 22:26   #37
Senior - BHPian

Murugan,
Where did you book your car?
Why should you go for Petrol ?
Diesel car is fun to drive and VFM.
Old 1st April 2008, 22:49   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
I think so too. Dzire Diesel should really make for an attractive buy.
Old 2nd April 2008, 00:35   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Murugan,
Where did you book your car?
POPULAR VEHICLES and SERVICES LTD, Chennai. BLOCK J, DOOR NO. 22, III AVENUE, ANNA NAGAR EAST, CHENNAI 600 102, 92-82111666 044 65877970-72 Email: chandrashekar@popularv.com

(Source: :: Maruti :: Swift Dzire ::)

Quote:
Murugan,
As I mentioned earlier:

Quote:
Usually I sell my cars around the 4 year/ 40,000 Kms mark and the extra cost for the diesel version, approx Rs.90,000, would not be recouped before the time of sale. In addition I would have to put up with the diesel clatter/ noise and vibrations not to mention the possible additional costs of maintaining a diesel car.

Last edited by Murugan : 2nd April 2008 at 00:39. Reason: Removed color tags
Old 2nd April 2008, 08:15   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Murugan : So how do I break the news on 7th April/ the day of delivery of my Dzire, if I can hold on till then? Still planning that SMS!
@Murugan, that was good practical joke, on the right day. Hope you have saved these messages some where - they're enough to bring a smile any day.

So what's the announcement plan ? Take delivery & send a sms to all that "Baby arrived home today. Please come home & join us for this happy occasion"
Old 2nd April 2008, 09:24   #41
BHPian

Quote:

Man... this is hilarious for sure... nice one their!
Old 2nd April 2008, 10:00   #42

the companies get the 'RTO clearance' only after the launch of the vehicle. What exactly is this RTO clearance and what if the RTO does not clear?

Not RTO but "ARAI" automobile regulatory authority of India that inturns sends a circular to all the RTOs across India about the approval of a certain vehicle , its class and other details.
Vehicle becomes road legal aftar ARAI approval only
Old 2nd April 2008, 10:41   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I understand that but still i see many cars either with the Regd./For Regn stickers running around.
Registration and registration number are different although the latter follows the former. The former means the vehicle has been registered and will have a tax token for lifetime tax. It is OK to drive around with a sticker that says "REGISTERED" provided you have the tax token and the delivery invoice from the dealer.

The registration number is usually allotted in the evening on the day of registration or on the next working day. The RC (Registration Certificate) normally arrives in 2 weeks.

To the best of my knowledge, only a dealer or his representative can drive with a "FOR REGISTRATION" sticker and to the RTO for registration.

One can see registered cars (waiting for registration number) running around with "FOR REGN" or "F/R". This is actually illegal but many dealers are yet to get around printing "REGISTERED" stickers.

Of course, all of the above is applicable for Chennai.
Old 2nd April 2008, 12:24   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Diesels do feel a bit sluggish when the AC is on but torque saves it. If the petrol is indeed sluggish then Maruti didnt wanna ruin the Dzire's image upfront hence launched Diesels first. Thats why all the TD cars are diesels, am I right?
Hey, this is indeed a very good observation. I was also thinking hard why no petrols were released for testdrive. The initial pickup may be sluggish, but I dont think it should cause any issues once it moves to the higher revbands. Technically, the diesel shouldnt suffer at all.
Old 2nd April 2008, 21:11   #45
BHPian

Quote:
...In addition I would have to put up with the diesel clatter/ noise and vibrations not to mention the possible additional costs of maintaining a diesel car.
And I thought diesel engines had now caught on with the technology of the times and are as good, if not better than, as the petrol engines.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks