Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2008, 22:31   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
They probably were afraid that you might insist on a speedy delivery and they would not have any car left to display.
Like I had mentioned earlier, the RTO was closed on those 3 days and there was no way I could have insisted on a speedy delivery. Maybe there was no hidden agenda; they just wanted to keep the car clean before the delivery!
Old 10th April 2008, 23:08   #92
BHPian

Reverse parking sensor MGA 99000M99457-001

Noticed that reversing the DZiRE is a bit of a pain due to the restricted visibility in the rear. Can the Reverse parking sensor from MGA (Maruti Genuine Accessories) 99000M99457-001 which is listed in the SX4 accessories be fitted on the Swift DZiRE or is there a better alternative from MGA? Please advice.

Not keen on non-MGA for fear of voiding the warranty .
Old 11th April 2008, 11:44   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
@DJAY: Whats that 40k man ? If true, its pure blackmail and should be reported to Maruti
Eddy,
Customers who have booked a Dzire recently have to purchase accessories worth 40K compulsory if they want the car or else they can cancel the booking. Refund would be made after deducting some Rs. 350

Maruti is taking customers for a ride
Old 11th April 2008, 11:48   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Eddy,
Customers who have booked a Dzire recently have to purchase accessories worth 40K compulsory if they want the car or else they can cancel the booking. Refund would be made after deducting some Rs. 350

Maruti is taking customers for a ride
I am pretty sure that its not Maruti. Its the dealer who is making a quick buck by blackmailing customers based on a car in demand.
Old 11th April 2008, 13:02   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Latest news - Maruti dealers have stopped taking bookings on Swift Dzire diesel models.
Has also made a mandatory rule to buy accessories worth 40K.
Waiting period has been changed to 6 months for the guys who booked recently.
Dealers getting only 1 ZDI and ZXI per month.
No interest will be paid for 50K booking amount.

I was planning to book a Dzire ZDI and now getting angry over Maruti.
Can others confirm this ? Is this particular to Bangalore ? Or maybe with just some dealers ?
Old 11th April 2008, 13:28   #96
Senior - BHPian

No compulsory 40 k accessories,very wrong propaganda and if some dealers are doing it its at their risk and shows their attitude.
Regarding the MGA reverse sensor of sx4,it could be fitted in dzire with some mods in the wiring kit.But wait for some more time and we will have MGA parking sensors for the dzire.
Yes the allotment for dzire is 2-3 cars per dealer across India.
ram
Old 11th April 2008, 13:36   #97
F50
Senior - BHPian

This is a usual trick of Maruti. They had done the same thing for Swift. And asking for 40k accessories is also one of their tricks. What the dealer will say, you want the car early fit accessories worth 40k and I can get the car much faster. Since they cannot openly ask for a "Premium" they are earning it in terms of accessories. They will try to get as many booking possible. And then let the flow of cars start.
As of today, Mumbai dealers are also saying 2 months waiting period on the Dzire.

No wonder I hate Maruti!!
Old 11th April 2008, 14:07   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirlp View Post
Can others confirm this ? Is this particular to Bangalore ? Or maybe with just some dealers ?
I confirmed with other dealers and they said nothing about buying accessores worth 40K. only Pratham motors did this.

Waiting period is between 4 to 5 months and booking amount is 1 lac now.
Only Bimal Indiranagar asked for 50K as booking amount.

Last edited by djay99 : 11th April 2008 at 14:09.
Old 11th April 2008, 14:48   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
Noticed that reversing the DZiRE is a bit of a pain due to the restricted visibility in the rear. Can the Reverse parking sensor from MGA (Maruti Genuine Accessories) 99000M99457-001 which is listed in the SX4 accessories be fitted on the Swift DZiRE or is there a better alternative from MGA? Please advice.

Not keen on non-MGA for fear of voiding the warranty .
Can't the swift parking sensors be used for desire?
I mean this one
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Swift DZire - delivery on 7th April 2008 - some observations-parking-sensorswift.jpg  

Old 12th April 2008, 05:23   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirlp View Post

In NCR, Dealers are taking bookings for all variants of Dzire.
I too had seen the accessory trap with a dealer in delhi ( Magic Auto,Dwarka). I asked them about how soon can I get a dzire VXI. They asked my color preference and then gave me some crap about some corporate bookings and that those corporate bookings had been requested with accessories worth around 30k (what accessories??? seat cover,mudflaps, floor mats, sun films and a SPOILER) Now if i wanted the car desperately , i would have to shell out those 30k for it, else wait for 2 months. I preferred to wait .
BTW , this happened on the 28th of march and no accessories had been made available by maruti till then.

Average waiting time for a dzire VXI in NCR is 3-4 months ( varies from dealer to dealer)
Yes, the dzire is in short supply ( as told by all dealers and even the maruti customer care)
No interest is being paid on dzire on booking amounts in excess of 50k for a waiting duration exceeding 16 days as in case of swift. ( as told by customer care).

I paid the entire amount upfront and was told to expect the car by the 20th of April. Then the waiting period was extended to 30th and then the 15th of April. I registered a complaint with the customer care. The dealer was quick to respond then and today I have been promised that the next car in my color ( azure grey) will be given out to me.
Old 12th April 2008, 13:05   #101
pankaj_aheer

I have also booked the VDI Dzire with 1 Lacks at Apra Auto 32 Milestone Gurgao at 26th Mar . on 10th April after having request from Dealer paid them 4.69 L more . But Dealer is still not able to tell me the expected date .
Will you please help me where do you have register the complaint as I have also registered the complaint on Maruti Web site. Proper response still awaited .

Old 12th April 2008, 15:35   #102
Senior - BHPian

Pankaj, Why did you paythe dealer the remaining Rs 4.69 lakhs without getting a committed date for the delivery. The dealer is probably using your money to order more vehicles without blocking his own moolah. Needless to say you will not get any interest .Please contact the region sales manager. His phone number should not be hard to get.
Old 12th April 2008, 19:05   #103
pankaj_aheer

Rajnessh , You are very right ,but as I am waiting for the Vehicle desprately since long and to get the delevery at the earliest .
Sales Executive told me possibily I will get the vehicle on Tuesday . Meanwhile I will complaint again in Maruti customer care om Monday also .

Old 12th April 2008, 21:52   #104
BHPian

MGA Reverse Parking Sensor for DZiRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirst4torque View Post
Can't the swift parking sensors be used for desire?
Thanks. Seems like a better option than the MGA for SX4 as the DZiRE is a sibling of Swift. I had missed the pdf of Swift MGA as it had been a toss up between the cars SX4 and DZiRE for buying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Regarding the MGA reverse sensor of sx4,it could be fitted in dzire with some mods in the wiring kit.But wait for some more time and we will have MGA parking sensors for the dzire.
Guess I should wait for the DZiRE MGA rather than doing some mods to the wiring kit.

Would have expected Maruti to launch the accessories for DZiRE simultaneously. My dealer is not keen on selling even the Swift seat covers for my DZiRE. May be the arm rest in the rear seat is putting him off; or does the Swift also have an arm rest in any/ all variants?
Old 12th April 2008, 21:59   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Pankaj, Why did you paythe dealer the remaining Rs 4.69 lakhs without getting a committed date for the delivery.
Beats me too. I paid the full amount upfront only after getting a written promise of the date of delivery on their booking form (there was a column for it) AND getting the chassis number endorsed on the same form. Ask your dealer to give you the chassis number; tell him that other dealers are doing the same for full payment. If he does not, maybe you should be wary and check with Maruti directly.

Most Viewed