Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2008, 13:32   #16
BHPian

Congratulations !!!

As a matter of caution, keep cool until you know the car fully as you are a new to driving and this beauty is damn powerful. Best VFM in my opinion. cheers:
Old 31st March 2008, 13:45   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saimukundhan View Post
After months of internal turmoil and confusion, I took delivery of my Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport (my first car) two days before i.e. on 28th March 2008.

Saddest part I am yet to completely learn driving. Was scared of Chennai Traffic at 8 pm, and had a driver engaged from VST Motors Chennai. So I was not the first one to drive my car. If only I knew some good driving.

I decided to take it out for a small drive at 10 pm after calling in my friend. I glided in, powered it on and the rev was soothing. With a hint of pride (I AM THE OWNER), and fear (I AM NOT YET A GUD DRIVER), I pressed the clutch, and tried to reverse gear and ..

It was not working. I tried with all my brains and with my force. Hm Hm.
Nothing worked.

Me and my friend had to push the vehicle outside. He tried for a couple of times (he rides a Ford Ikon). We switched off the car and waited for a few minutes, thinking that it would solve the problem (probably we got confused between a Hung Windows XP and a Palio Sport). A few more tries later we concluded that something was wrong with the vehicle and to get it checked immediately.

Tried reaching the VST Motors chap at 10.30 in the night, guy was not picking up (good guy).

He then switched forward gears and had a small trip (pity I was not even the second person to drive my car).

I was the third. Me, my friend and my mom were in with me. All of us were sweating. Thanks to my driving ability. With some cries and panting, I had completed my first drive.

Next day morning, I went to my driving school, and also messaged the issue to the VST Motors Chap (Hari, a real nice guy). At 6.00 am he called me back and improved my understanding about the finer points of the palio stile safety. About the knob, which has to be pulled up while shifting to reverse gear, so that people don't make any mistakes.

And that, dear friends, made me really happy at having chosen this car. Evidently my friend missed it because Ikon didn't have this. The santro in which I am learning driving also didn't have this. Indica certainly didn't have either.

There are some finer points which also contributes to this car's glory. The way door closes (step by step) certainly a safety feature. The sound of doors getting closed, simply reassures me that this is the safest hatch around. I had uttered "uwwackk" (sound before one vomits) while closing the Indica, Indigo Doors.

This is certainly the hatch to be bought

Guys whoever is in some kind of confusion on the car to be chosen, please have a look at this beauty.

- - - - - -- - - - - - - -- -- ---
some commute. i ride.
some ride cars. i ride fiat.
congrats!

I am also on the learning stage and getting my alto in 10 days time.

To my experiance, these drivings schools will give us maximum 10% of idea of driving, which is not at all enough for a comfortable/confidence drive on the real platform.

I suggest you to take the car early morning, say 5 a.m., and practise taking help of an experianced driver.
Old 31st March 2008, 13:55   #18
OEM
BHPian

Congrats man...welcome to the Palio club

That's one helluva of decision for a guy who 'admits' he is just coming to grips with driving.
As some advertisement rightly said "Those who enjoy power know how to use it responsibly".
Drive safe, keep the beast on a leash and let it grow on you......when are the pics! coming
Old 31st March 2008, 14:14   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keralite View Post
I suggest you to take the car early morning, say 5 a.m., and practise taking help of an experianced driver.
Yes, thatz a good suggestion, I did the same when I was new to driving!
Old 31st March 2008, 14:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

Finish your driving lessons first. Dont worry whether you are the first or the third one to drive. You'll probably enjoy miles and miles of pure bliss from now onwards .
Old 31st March 2008, 14:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

Like many have said, be careful with the 1.6. It's a beast of a car, and probably not the easiest car to learn driving in. However, it is yours We all know how great it feels to own your own ride... so congrats!! Have fun, drive safe.
Old 31st March 2008, 18:19   #22
BHPian

Congrats on new car.
Please take note that the Palio 5th and Reverse gears work by lifting up the lever in gear knob. Also the fans keep running for a while after u turn off the ignition to cool the engine.
Happy Riding.
Old 31st March 2008, 18:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer551 View Post
Congrats on new car.
Please take note that the Palio 5th and Reverse gears work by lifting up the lever in gear knob. Happy Riding.
Its only Reverse gear which works in that way....
Old 31st March 2008, 19:39   #24
BHPian

Congrats on getting the excellent Palio 1.6 as your first car!cheers:

now take real good care of her buddy so that you don't have to experience the notoriously poor A.S.S of Fiat!

Keep your baby under 3000 rpm for intitial 1000 Km at least, then let her rip
Old 31st March 2008, 19:56   #25
BHPian

Ha ha ha ha!

Must have had the living daylights blown when you thought that Fiat gave you a car with no reverse gear! That was quite a laugh!

Enjoy driving, a good choice of car!

Superavi
Old 31st March 2008, 20:26   #26
BHPian

Hi there

Hello
I am vignesh from chennai(porur).I have a FIAT Siena 1.2ELX and am planning to buy a new Palio Diesel SDX.Please let me know if u need some help and advice in doing Audio or any other accessories for ur car.also ask me any question or doubts on ur 1.6 Sport.What is the colour of ur car?call me on ramvicky123@yahoo.co.in.I will give u my phone number

Vignesh
1.2Siena ELX
Old 1st April 2008, 10:19   #27
BHPian

Hi Sai. Since you are new to car driving, PLEASE READ THE OWNER'S MANUAL FROM FIRST TO LAST!
Old 1st April 2008, 10:33   #28
BHPian

Sai,

First and forermost - congratulations on your new buy. Enjoy the car.

Most of the members here are trying to warn you of the power of this car and the need to be careful. Let that not scare you from enjoying this well engineered car.

Remember - The computer is only as smart as the user and a car is only as safe as the driver.

Learn safe driving, adhere to the rules, be considerate to fellow road users and enjoy your car.

Congrats again.

Cheers,

Rajan
Old 1st April 2008, 13:59   #29
BHPian

Palio 1.6 as the first car

Congrats on the buy and enjoy the Italian beauty.
Do post a detailed review of the car.
Old 2nd April 2008, 00:06   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Its only Reverse gear which works in that way....
Sorry for my knowledge Infact I'm also new owner of Second hand Plaio 1.2NV ELPS but my cars 5th gear does not engage if i do not lift up that gear knob.

Can anyone here please guide me if there is something wrong with my car?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks