Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2008, 14:42   #1

Palio Stile Sport 1.6 - Its Mine Now!

After months of internal turmoil and confusion, I took delivery of my Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport (my first car) two days before i.e. on 28th March 2008.

Saddest part I am yet to completely learn driving. Was scared of Chennai Traffic at 8 pm, and had a driver engaged from VST Motors Chennai. So I was not the first one to drive my car. If only I knew some good driving.

I decided to take it out for a small drive at 10 pm after calling in my friend. I glided in, powered it on and the rev was soothing. With a hint of pride (I AM THE OWNER), and fear (I AM NOT YET A GUD DRIVER), I pressed the clutch, and tried to reverse gear and ..

It was not working. I tried with all my brains and with my force. Hm Hm.
Nothing worked.

Me and my friend had to push the vehicle outside. He tried for a couple of times (he rides a Ford Ikon). We switched off the car and waited for a few minutes, thinking that it would solve the problem (probably we got confused between a Hung Windows XP and a Palio Sport). A few more tries later we concluded that something was wrong with the vehicle and to get it checked immediately.

Tried reaching the VST Motors chap at 10.30 in the night, guy was not picking up (good guy).

He then switched forward gears and had a small trip (pity I was not even the second person to drive my car).

I was the third. Me, my friend and my mom were in with me. All of us were sweating. Thanks to my driving ability. With some cries and panting, I had completed my first drive.

Next day morning, I went to my driving school, and also messaged the issue to the VST Motors Chap (Hari, a real nice guy). At 6.00 am he called me back and improved my understanding about the finer points of the palio stile safety. About the knob, which has to be pulled up while shifting to reverse gear, so that people don't make any mistakes.

And that, dear friends, made me really happy at having chosen this car. Evidently my friend missed it because Ikon didn't have this. The santro in which I am learning driving also didn't have this. Indica certainly didn't have either.

There are some finer points which also contributes to this car's glory. The way door closes (step by step) certainly a safety feature. The sound of doors getting closed, simply reassures me that this is the safest hatch around. I had uttered "uwwackk" (sound before one vomits) while closing the Indica, Indigo Doors.

This is certainly the hatch to be bought

Guys whoever is in some kind of confusion on the car to be chosen, please have a look at this beauty.

- - - - - -- - - - - - - -- -- ---
some commute. i ride.
some ride cars. i ride fiat.
Old 31st March 2008, 00:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on ur new car ....

and yeah the guy Hari from VST motors is really helpful
i also got my car thru' him and he helped me in every possible manner with the delivery of the vehicle. anyone interested in FIAT cars can contact him.
Old 31st March 2008, 00:26   #3
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on your first car. Just be a little careful please. The 1.6 is a powerful machine and you are a newbie. Drive safe !!
Old 31st March 2008, 00:31   #4
BHPian

Thats one bold choice for a newbie. Congrats mate!
The Palio Stile 1.6 Sport is a fun to drive. Please drive safely.
Cheers,
Dhaval
Old 31st March 2008, 00:38   #5
Senior - BHPian

congrats on your new car and as everyone said drive safe
Old 31st March 2008, 00:42   #6
BHPian

Congrats dude.

That was a good experience, but unwarranted. The dealer should've explained it to you in the first place.

Hope you'll have many more experiences to share with us in the future on this forum.

Enjoy your dream

cheers:
Old 31st March 2008, 08:56   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats sai. Do take care of him and drive safely. Hope you thoroughly enjoy your ownership. What discounts did you get?
Old 31st March 2008, 09:03   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your hot hatch. I'm sure you'll be enjoying the drive more and more everyday.
Old 31st March 2008, 09:03   #9
BHPian

congrats dude. drive safe
Old 31st March 2008, 09:12   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saimukundhan View Post
(probably we got confused between a Hung Windows XP and a Palio Sport)..
This is very true and i try this everytime i have an issue, be it a car , electronic device or anything for that matter

Congrats on your new buy. What color is it?
Old 31st March 2008, 10:49   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats pal on your fantastic choice of Palio 1.6 Sport!

Please do read the User manual completely before you take it out for next drive, it contains very useful guidelines to drive this beauty!
Old 31st March 2008, 10:59   #12
BHPian

Congrats pal on your purchase! The 1.6 is still the best VFM proposition IMO. I am sure that you'll learn a lot more about your car as you gain experience.
Old 31st March 2008, 12:02   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saimukundhan View Post
After months of internal turmoil and confusion, I took delivery of my Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport (my first car) two days before i.e. on 28th March 2008.

Saddest part I am yet to completely learn driving. Was scared of Chennai Traffic at 8 pm, and had a driver engaged from VST Motors Chennai. So I was not the first one to drive my car. If only I knew some good driving.

I decided to take it out for a small drive at 10 pm after calling in my friend. I glided in, powered it on and the rev was soothing. With a hint of pride (I AM THE OWNER), and fear (I AM NOT YET A GUD DRIVER), I pressed the clutch, and tried to reverse gear and ..

It was not working. I tried with all my brains and with my force. Hm Hm.
Nothing worked.

Me and my friend had to push the vehicle outside. He tried for a couple of times (he rides a Ford Ikon). We switched off the car and waited for a few minutes, thinking that it would solve the problem (probably we got confused between a Hung Windows XP and a Palio Sport). A few more tries later we concluded that something was wrong with the vehicle and to get it checked immediately.

Tried reaching the VST Motors chap at 10.30 in the night, guy was not picking up (good guy).

He then switched forward gears and had a small trip (pity I was not even the second person to drive my car).

I was the third. Me, my friend and my mom were in with me. All of us were sweating. Thanks to my driving ability. With some cries and panting, I had completed my first drive.

Next day morning, I went to my driving school, and also messaged the issue to the VST Motors Chap (Hari, a real nice guy). At 6.00 am he called me back and improved my understanding about the finer points of the palio stile safety. About the knob, which has to be pulled up while shifting to reverse gear, so that people don't make any mistakes.

And that, dear friends, made me really happy at having chosen this car. Evidently my friend missed it because Ikon didn't have this. The santro in which I am learning driving also didn't have this. Indica certainly didn't have either.

There are some finer points which also contributes to this car's glory. The way door closes (step by step) certainly a safety feature. The sound of doors getting closed, simply reassures me that this is the safest hatch around. I had uttered "uwwackk" (sound before one vomits) while closing the Indica, Indigo Doors.

This is certainly the hatch to be bought

Guys whoever is in some kind of confusion on the car to be chosen, please have a look at this beauty.

- - - - - -- - - - - - - -- -- ---
some commute. i ride.
some ride cars. i ride fiat.

Hi Sai

congrats dude.. hope in few days we can see some Palio Sports skeeing across chennai roads.. and it should be you..
Old 31st March 2008, 12:38   #14
BHPian

Congratulation buddy for a nice buy.
Didnt you have a TD of palio before delivery?
Anyway do read the manual properly and get it checked cos once my friend got my car for a day out and gave it back with a broken knob.he didnt know how reverse and broke a part of it.
Old 31st March 2008, 12:43   #15
BHPian

New car, new driver, hot hatch and cr** indian roads. That's brave man. Enjoy your right and keep the foot light on the accelarator till you are comfortable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks