Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2008, 10:50   #46
adc
Senior - BHPian

Thats a nice buy, congrats.

The mirror adjust button does seem to be at an awkward position. In Safari it is on the door panel cluster and is in a very convinient to operate.

Grande does look spacious, with some good alloys it will turn heads.

Looking forward to the ride report, particularly if you feel that your comfort is being limited by the leaf springs.
Old 4th April 2008, 10:51   #47
Senior - BHPian

congrats. except the boxy bit - it really looks nice from rear
Old 4th April 2008, 10:51   #48
BHPian

BTW a lovely house you have there and what lovely greenery
Old 4th April 2008, 10:54   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
How did you become a BHPian with only 8 Posts Or is it that T-BHP is biased towards Grande owners
OT, but still. Look at his joining date. He's been a member for more than 2 years now. What's happened is that some where during this period, there was a re-jig of how posts count is calculated by re-categorizing threads. He would be one of those who had already become a BHP-ian, but lost on the post count when the threads he posted in earlier got re-categorized.
Old 4th April 2008, 11:04   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
OT, but still. Look at his joining date. He's been a member for more than 2 years now. What's happened is that some where during this period, there was a re-jig of how posts count is calculated by re-categorizing threads. He would be one of those who had already become a BHP-ian, but lost on the post count when the threads he posted in earlier got re-categorized.
That should explain it. Thanks
Old 4th April 2008, 11:10   #51
BHPian

The garage is looking better with the Sumo Grande. So many good vehicles are getting launched in this year- its becoming a difficult task to decide and pick - specially when you can afford just one or two vehicles in your garage.
Old 4th April 2008, 11:22   #52
BHPian

Congractulations Bro

An awesome buy and great pictures bro. Nice home you have brother.

I envy you for all that space you have to park your very well maintained drives. Out here where I live I have to keep wishing through out the day, hoping to somehow get the parking back in the evening.

Look forward to your initial test drive report and long term ownership report too.

Hope someday I will have the place and courage to park one of mine too

Congratulation again !!!
Old 4th April 2008, 11:32   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
isn't this the first Sumo Grande at T-BHP.

Please do post some photos and also details on the freebies, discounts, et la.
No discounts .Got 4 rubber mats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Alright. I asked coz its the same engine as in Safari 2.2 and it says 2500rpm on 5th till 1500-1800km and hence.

Hope you are not using premium diesels.
Ordinary diesel only. i am driving in low rpm only.upto 2000 ,even with that in 5th gear you can go in 100km/hr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Wow !! Sunset Orange !! Isn't that the Colour they use in the Grande Adverts ?

Cool car this is. How much OTR Lijo ? Please post some pics Also.

Congrats once again for the new Mini Beast ( Can we call it that ? )
Same color.OTR is 750k+45k(tax 6%)+24k(insurance)+5k(extras for temp+no.booking etc)
I don't know u can call it a mini Beast,u can see photos and decide.Need much time to wash fully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Lijo, it is not actually the speed but the RPM that you should be more concerned about. If the RPM is well within the recommended range, all is fine.
RPM i am maintaining under 2k mostly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by druva View Post
Great. Also if loaded with 8 people, is there space for luggage?
You can keep luggage under third row seats also(not much but there is some space) and 2 suit case in back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan3004 View Post
Congratulations!

BTW, are the second row seats adjustable for providing more leg room to the passengers?
not legroom but it can be reclined ,go more than 45 deg i think

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Well finished interiors though the steering looks odd. Plastics do look cheap but I am not sure.

Can you take a picture of the IPOD cable? Does it terminate in the glove box?
Plastics looks cheap mainly door handles. they have given the cable in a cover separate or loose. one side is round pin and other go into ipod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

One question : How's the middle seat, incl the fold function. How's the quality of this ? I had seen this just once on the Victa, and wasnt very convinced about this function.
Middle seat is not bad,comfortable

I have lot more points to write.Yesterday i drove around 250 kms(will post details) at a streatch both in night and rain. wipers wiping good. lights Hi beam need to be re positioned.I am going today to the dealer for correcting steering play ,lights and clutch sound( it has some sound when we release it very fast)

I am going to fix parking sensors 4+2 and cooling film tomorrow.Also planning to put alloys. anyone can guide with the size specs and models to put.Dealer said put tata oem alloys or alloys projecting outside not converging one. or not tyre has some problems in turns.Can put some more light in to this.will continue later..can i merge more into first post? Is it possible to edit my posts later?i couldn't add "Updated with Pics" to the main title.Feel free to ask questions ,will reply as far as i can.

Last edited by lijodavis : 4th April 2008 at 11:40.
Old 4th April 2008, 11:54   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Hope you are not using premium diesels.
Hey JK:

Every body else is suggesting use of Preminum diesel.

I thought I was the only person advocating use of Normal / plain Diesel.

Plain Diesel + light foot on the pedal make the ride smooth and silent. I have only completed ~ 2500 Kms hence engine still needs to be broken into.
Old 4th April 2008, 12:05   #55
BHPian

Congrats Lijo. I'd suggest a reversing camera instead of park-sensors, considering the big proportions.
Old 4th April 2008, 12:15   #56
Senior - BHPian

Nice ride Lijo. Guess that makes your garage somewhat complete with all kind of vehicles.
Old 4th April 2008, 12:29   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Congrtas on your new ride dude! Looks good. But just 1qn, isn't the GX the top end version?? And still no alloys??
Yes, no alloy option.

Also I dont think the base version is promoted much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lijodavis View Post

Ordinary diesel only. i am driving in low rpm only.upto 2000 ,even with that in 5th gear you can go in 100km/hr. [Ask dealer if its ok with premium diesel]

Need much time to wash fully. [Big issue for me as I am short:(]

not legroom but it can be reclined ,go more than 45 deg i think [3 steps to 45 degree?]

Plastics looks cheap mainly door handles. they have given the cable in a cover separate or loose. one side is round pin and other go into ipod.[Was this connected? I found it in the glove box in its OE cover]

I am going to fix parking sensors 4+2 and cooling film tomorrow.Also planning to put alloys. anyone can guide with the size specs and models to put.Dealer said put tata oem alloys or alloys projecting outside not converging one. or not tyre has some problems in turns.Can put some more light in to this.will continue later..can i merge more into first post? Is it possible to edit my posts later?i couldn't add "Updated with Pics" to the main title.Feel free to ask questions ,will reply as far as i can.
Dealer will charge you more for alloys. Its Aura that comes as OE. Think 16inch 6.5J

and Lijo; nice job with pix that too with other cars around .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
Hey JK:

Every body else is suggesting use of Preminum diesel.

I thought I was the only person advocating use of Normal / plain Diesel.

Plain Diesel + light foot on the pedal make the ride smooth and silent. I have only completed ~ 2500 Kms hence engine still needs to be broken into.
Most are thinking of moving to normal. You missed the thread regarding this?
Old 4th April 2008, 12:38   #58
BHPian

Do tell us how the suspension is holding up. When I took the TD, I felt that the leaf springs at the rear were not up to the mark.
Old 4th April 2008, 12:55   #59
Senior - BHPian

Please keep up updated on the Grande as it has a lot to live upto.

I am surprised you accepted that colour over the one you ordered. That orange colour is going to look well dated in a year or so.
Old 4th April 2008, 13:23   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Most are thinking of moving to normal. You missed the thread regarding this?

Yes I missed the thread. can u give me the link.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks