Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2008, 22:30   #106
Senior - BHPian

Congratz on the purchase . It sure is a good improvement over the last sumo.
Cheers!
Old 20th October 2008, 14:06   #107
BHPian

Upgraded Back suspension to ARC leaf spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Hi Lijo,

.. but just want to sure they are durable.

There is a lot going for this car, looks, value, space etc. but im just scared considering Tata's previous history and most family members prefer the Innova.

But im in love with the Sumo at present and prefer it to the Toyota van. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thank You.
Not bad i can say.But u cannot compare with innova as such since both are diff. style. Innova won't get the looks of grande. But for family members it will be good if you go and verify since grande has very high floor compared to innova. so for old ones it will be comfortable to get into innova than grande.also the ride quality in innova is better when compared to grande.Sumo has more head room i think.it has the looks,value and space.Service and support here is very good.one more point is, it has a service duration of 15000kms along with 4 free services(not sure).So it has to be durable.

Comfort @ bumby roads was very bad before , for that i have changed its rear leaf spring suspension to ARC leaf spring suspension(single leaf).After that it has increased the ride quality to 60 %. almost feels like a car except a little body roll.Now i am very much satisfied with grande.But don't expect the interior quality of innova.But for this price its a good vehicle.its coming with 16" tyres and has good ground clearance so that you can go for a little off road too.Very efficient A/C too.

Last edited by lijodavis : 20th October 2008 at 14:13.
Old 20th October 2008, 21:34   #108
Senior - BHPian

See that they use the right engine oil.

How much did ARC cost? Any other modification was done?
Old 23rd October 2008, 13:15   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
See that they use the right engine oil.

How much did ARC cost? Any other modification was done?
No modification all. Just removed old suspension and fixed this one. Costs below 25000. But its worth for that money. You will get that much improvement in comfort.
Old 23rd October 2008, 19:06   #110
BHPian

Fantastic vehicle! I really love the Grande... Congrats... IMHO it has the potential of being the Defender of India! How does the new gear knob look? Does this new piece come standard now?
Old 10th November 2008, 23:06   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lijodavis View Post
Not bad i can say.But u cannot compare with innova as such since both are diff. style. Innova won't get the looks of grande. But for family members it will be good if you go and verify since grande has very high floor compared to innova. so for old ones it will be comfortable to get into innova than grande.also the ride quality in innova is better when compared to grande.Sumo has more head room i think.it has the looks,value and space.Service and support here is very good.one more point is, it has a service duration of 15000kms along with 4 free services(not sure).So it has to be durable.

Comfort @ bumby roads was very bad before , for that i have changed its rear leaf spring suspension to ARC leaf spring suspension(single leaf).After that it has increased the ride quality to 60 %. almost feels like a car except a little body roll.Now i am very much satisfied with grande.But don't expect the interior quality of innova.But for this price its a good vehicle.its coming with 16" tyres and has good ground clearance so that you can go for a little off road too.Very efficient A/C too.

Me to have bought Sumo Grande Gx sunset Orange ... it has done 4000 kms in 2 months ... would like to know from you how much did it cost for changing rear leaf spring suspension to ARC leaf spring suspension ... coz When all the back seat are filled it feels less ok .... but when ur seating alone it feels very much bumpy ..........
Old 15th April 2009, 16:11   #112
Senior - BHPian

Hi Lijo,

I guess your Sumo has completed over a year now. Do you mind sharing how was the experience so far?
Old 15th April 2009, 16:45   #113
Senior - BHPian

Wow Grande looks Hot with the alloys!

Congrats lijo!
Old 15th April 2009, 16:58   #114
BHPian

Those alloys add so much character to the design. Absolutely good choice of alloys. May be some more mods can add to the design.
Attached Thumbnails
My New Sumo Grande (EDIT: And Now with the Inside and Outside Pics of the car)-grande.jpg  

Old 16th April 2009, 00:57   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Still feel they should have made the rear a little more graceful and less lumpy. Alloys and Bigger tires definitely have improved the looks.
Old 17th May 2009, 00:12   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lijodavis View Post
Interior photos of sumo grande.If any one wants specific angles please reply, i will try to post.Photos are compressed to reduce the size.
The Grande looks really nice from outside, but from inside you can see the quality of plastics on the dashboard and below the seats are really bad. The gaps are really huge and look very flimsy. Unlike Hyundai/Suzuki Tata is not able to get a good vendor for their plastics. Otherwise the Grande will go th Sumo way and become a Taxi operator's vehicle shinned by families.
Old 17th May 2009, 00:22   #117
BHPian

The Grande looks really nice from outside, but from inside you can see the quality of plastics on the dashboard and below the seats are really bad. The gaps are really huge and look very flimsy. Unlike Hyundai/Suzuki Tata is not able to get a good vendor for their plastics. For example compare the dashboard in i10. And i10 is much cheaper than Grande. Otherwise the Grande will go the Sumo way and become a Taxi operator's vehicle shunned by normal owners. I am attaching the picture, with markings of these plastics, I hope I am clear with this markings
Attached Thumbnails
My New Sumo Grande (EDIT: And Now with the Inside and Outside Pics of the car)-dsc05098.jpg  

Last edited by arunpn : 17th May 2009 at 00:27.
Old 28th September 2010, 17:28   #118
BHPian

I guess the car manufacturers will pay attention to these fit and finish issues once it gets published in the daily newspapers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks