Team-BHP - Bolero glx to SAFARI 2.2 ex - FINALLY UPGRADED !!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Bolero glx to SAFARI 2.2 ex - FINALLY UPGRADED !! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/37946-bolero-glx-safari-2-2-ex-finally-upgraded-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirAlec (Post 786828)
You have to buy a cable from alpine. Alpine calls it a Full SPeed cable for Ipod.

The Full Speed cable for Ipod is given as standard. but that is for having iPOD connection. How about having a USB Memory stick interface? Is that also possible. ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkdelhi (Post 786822)
Chaxy,

How does the immobilizer work in the EX? And, what does the remote key do, if there is one, that is, besides just locking/unlocking the doors? Is it the sound-alarm type?

The engine wont start unless you unlock the car with the remote. So i guess even if you have the key you cant drive away with the car unless you have the remote... thats leaves one Q..what if both the remotes get damaged or lost :eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaxy (Post 786855)
The engine wont start unless you unlock the car with the remote. So i guess even if you have the key you cant drive away with the car unless you have the remote... thats leaves one Q..what if both the remotes get damaged or lost :eek:

Don't worry! The remotes will not get damaged or lost. It is like saying whether my car will get stolen. So...while the chances may be there, they are remote (no pun intended :D)!

So, is this the sound-alarm type?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkdelhi (Post 786893)
Don't worry! The remotes will not get damaged or lost. It is like saying whether my car will get stolen. So...while the chances may be there, they are remote (no pun intended :D)!

So, is this the sound-alarm type?

Not that remote after all.. safari remotes dont look like they will last very long. They look delicate (will post pics soon). I had a similar experience with the OE remote for my bolero which lasted only 8 mts.
Coming to your Q, they are the silent type. No sound when locked or unlocked. I would have liked a beep at least.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaxy (Post 786937)
Not that remote after all.. safari remotes dont look like they will last very long. They look delicate (will post pics soon). I had a similar experience with the OE remote for my bolero which lasted only 8 mts.
Coming to your Q, they are the silent type. No sound when locked or unlocked. I would have liked a beep at least.

Uh-oh...I hope they don't start misbehaving and work all right for the life they've got. Yes, pls do post pics. So, I guess, no touch-sensors too?
BTW, I asked bglsrini about his fuel flap opener, and it is the same as it is in most cars, so how is it in the EX (supposedly 'electrically operated' - whatever that means)?
Could you also post a pic of the lever that controls the roof-mounted AC?

@chaxy

OOh! i don't think that USB drive can be used in this model. As that cable interfaces the HU with ipod software to get track info, id3tag, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkdelhi (Post 786987)
BTW, I asked bglsrini about his fuel flap opener, and it is the same as it is in most cars, so how is it in the EX (supposedly 'electrically operated' - whatever that means)?

You need to push a switch on the dash.

Congrats man. Nice buy. The EX/VX in Pearl white are becoming such a rage.
Anyone has an idea what are the sales figures of the 2.2 like for the past few months?

What.... I have been away for only 3 days and here you have one more 2.2l.

Congrats man!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaxy (Post 784840)
Dear Friends,

I just took the delivery of the Safari EX 2.2 (pearl white). Its quite an upgrade from BOLERO to SAFARI.

The decision to go for the Beast is ONLY because of TBhp. THANK YOU ALL !!! clap:

Those are for wind deflection on high speeds so that the wipers dont get lifted due to the speed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumitB (Post 785502)
Another question, not necessarily specific to the Safari. I have noticed that the wipers have a broad plate on them. This can also be added to wipers which come with them. Does it have any function?

Apart from it, you negate the crumple zones of your safari, incase of a head-on crash.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaxy (Post 785735)
I had the bullbar on my Bolero also and found it very useful to keep all the Autorickshaws/taxis away from the vehicle. It ensures your right of way :)
autos and call center taxis are such a pain in Hyderabad. I agree that it may be harmful to pedestrians.

Squeaking or Hissing, hissing is not a problem, but squeaking could be for two reasons due to the tyre rubber on cemented surface or due to tyre rubbing against the inner body on complete turn. Check it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaxy (Post 786815)
- When steering is turned full round then there is a faint squeeking sound ( will have to deal with that for 1st service)

Also the last picture on the second page, I saw that TATA's have redesigned the underbody guard, earlier it used to extend like an arm upward covering the side chasis frame but now its only in the center. Unless you got them cut due to tyre upgrade ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadu (Post 787810)
Those are for wind deflection on high speeds so that the wipers dont get lifted due to the speed.

Will only one wiper be lifted in that case? Or does the one present aid both the wipers? stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaxy (Post 786937)

Its got a nice rubber grip hence would slip off. Another thing that I want them to improve is the "range" of the remote. You need to be near the vehicle to get it in range.

Quote:

Originally Posted by djbobo (Post 787412)
You need to push a switch on the dash.

The right most switch along the ones for fog lamps and wiper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaxy (Post 785550)
Hey Aadix, i was always in Hyd !! Keep travelling in and out tho..

And good to see so many 2.2's in hyd.

oh ok, yup.. so many 2.2's in hyd.. that too mostly pearl white!

looks like an indication that the elections campains are coming near :-)

The wind tunnel tests determine that.

Definitely not a fancy thing to put up. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumitB (Post 787962)
Will only one wiper be lifted in that case? Or does the one present aid both the wipers? stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkdelhi (Post 786987)

Another interesting feature in the Safari is a manual lever that can be operated in case the "push button" does not work. May be Tata's know that their car electricals cannot be depended upon :). The manual lever is in the boot - below the Left Seat..remove the plastic panel and you will see a thread, pull this thread and the fuel cap opens... quite a handy feature, had to use this once at a fuel pump when the electrical fuel cap push button was giving trouble.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carbaliga (Post 789530)
Another interesting feature in the Safari is a manual lever that can be operated in case the "push button" does not work. May be Tata's know that their car electricals cannot be depended upon :). The manual lever is in the boot - below the Left Seat..remove the plastic panel and you will see a thread, pull this thread and the fuel cap opens... quite a handy feature, had to use this once at a fuel pump when the electrical fuel cap push button was giving trouble.

Hey let us not vilify the Tatas :deadhorse. This feature is also available in the Scorpio.

Completed 1st service and went on a long drive 1000kms round trip. Got 15 kmpl overall with 4 adults + 2 kids + packed with heavy luggage+ AC. Did 90-100 kmph most times. I am sure these are very good figures considering that it gives 10.5 -11 kmpl in city with AC.

Overall the long drive was fantastic. i have earlier been on long drives in Bolero, Scorpio and innvova. By far the drive on safari has been the best. This fellow is so stable even at 130-140 kmph. Amazing !!