Team-BHP - Bolero glx to SAFARI 2.2 ex - FINALLY UPGRADED !!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Bolero glx to SAFARI 2.2 ex - FINALLY UPGRADED !! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/37946-bolero-glx-safari-2-2-ex-finally-upgraded-6.html)

Why do you want to put a bull bar? Just for the looks or is there any other reason? In my opinion, if its only for the looks, then I suggest you leave it stock, that is without any bill bar. It looks good like that! If its as a deterrent from small scratches, then I suggest you consider the fact that the crumple zone on the beast will be greatly affected and thus it is not recommended to put any bull bar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaxy (Post 842196)
now that i removed the bull bar, i have been toying with some ideas. Like this one. This attachment is originally from an earlier model safari and was with me for a long time. I havent fixed it but I just placed it in position and clicked this pic... So guys tell me?? does this look good ?? please:

Chaxy, I think this bull bar seems to be obstructing the air flow and so I wouldnt use this on the 2.2. Anything that blocks fresh air to the radiators cant be too good. BTW - if you do go for a bull bar, stick to one of the light plastic ones that wont damage the chassis in a minor impact.

The Arms already have the springs to put the adequate force required to clean the glass. Extra pressure doesnt help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyWheels (Post 837142)

But Dadu, what I understood was like this: The faster you go, the more pressure on the wiper, the better the cleaning. Since high speed required better visibility. On normal speed, you can do with the regular tension on the wiper for cleaning. :)

While doing high speeds (140+) the wiper blades tend to flutter. The wing on top of the blade will help to hold it down at high speeds. And when the blade on the driver's side flutters it cause a minor distraction in the field of vision.

No it is not for extra pressure for cleaning the windscreen, because the angle of the wing changes when the blades work and the wing will not help create downforce when the blade is near vertical during it's movement.

Missed this thread. Anyway Chakri congrats on the car. Where is your office now?

And i think it is time to take a new photo.

Hey Sathish, good to see you back after a long time. PMed you. I dont have this pic that we took years back. Yes, time to take another pic. So you still got your red pocket rocket ?

just need some info on bolero,

though bolero is not meant for speed, what is the max speed u have achieved with it, and is it comfortable on a long drive?

Still stuck in 2008! :(

Chaxy, update SOS!

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaxy (Post 785450)
Thank you friends!!

I have been doing a lot of driving today on the bull. I met another happy owner at the filling station who also had a pearl white. The power and delivery of the 2.2 is just too good. For a 2 tonn monstor like this car, the pick up is awesome. Its actually much different from the test dive car i drove earlier. Those test drive cars are generally screwed up so my humble advise to all potential buyers is to consider driving a friends 2.2.

This BULL has more brute factor than my earler Bolero. Also the dealer has promised me 9k worth of accessories. I will be fitting a BULL bar for sure.

Here are the pics -

brother, i am Arijit from Kolkata. Even i have upgraded from the same vehicle to the same vehicle as yours...hahaha !!

I own a Bolero GLX 2002 and just this January i=I have purchased a 2.2 GX 4x4. Both of them are great vehicles I must say. However, don't know why but, i can rely more on my Bolero and not on this as of the TATA brand name attached.

What i want to know is, i want the Diesel sticker in my fuel cap. Any idea, where can i find one ?