Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2008, 21:28   #46
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Aushdeep on the multijet. I feel its the safari among the small cars.I too had taken it for a test spin. Very competent car i must say and sure is built tuff. then my wife got in the drivers seat.... and she had her head outstretched like a crane to see the road ahead. thats when we decided against it. In one of ur pics-the last one- i see a lady straining to look ahead from the drivers seat. Im sure she might have some difficulty driving.
happy driving.
Old 14th April 2008, 01:16   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
nice car aushdeep , how much did the seat covers and music system cost ? and what components did you use ?
Well the was already done for the Speakers, My friend has a shop in Mayapuri . he got the couplers for the system and got the System Speakers fitted at his shop. The seat covers cost approx 3000 , I am not sure because I paid him a total 15K for Seatcovers, tints, system Speakers and got a separate matting done for the car. Will get a keyless entry system installed through the dealer as there is only one approved for fiat.
Old 14th April 2008, 17:30   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
Hi everybody
I notice that the tail light in the attached pic has a orange coloured indicator in the rear as opposed to the white ones with a orange bulb in the multijets.

Vignesh

1.2 Siena ELX
Yup ..i too have the same question.. I saw a MJD today and it had the white rear tail light only.
Old 14th April 2008, 18:06   #49
BHPian

Nice car aushdeep. Just a word of caution, do not keep the water bottles/bottle on the floor as it may roll under the brake pedal and result in pedal getting jammed.
Old 14th April 2008, 23:12   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Congrats & Welcome to the Fiat family!

Enjoy driving the Italian hatch with an awesome engine!
italian hatch that was never sold in italy,made for third world countries like brazil,south africa and india.
Old 15th April 2008, 00:46   #51

First 500Km In the MJD

Hi Friends, I have driven the car for over 500KM till Now here are the updates. Fuel Consumption:- Had done a tank full immediately after taking it out of the showroom. Till now it is still running and the fuel gauge went below half just after 450 Km an it still is 1/3 above so seems it will end probably near its first service and that too with 90% Ac on.

The engine has now eased up and is really revving to go . It has become very smooth and silent. The car is fun in traffic city conditions as the third gear can take you from 20 to 80 in no time.

Clutch is indeed a bit heavy and do feel it at times but overall the car is fun to drive as one really does not require to shift gears quite often.

Air conditioning:- Till now the coolest car to have driven , at the delhi weather these days with temperatures nearing 40 the car is cool and is mostly in between 0 - 2, occasionally if the car is parked in the sun one would require to take it to full. Well the car is very comfortable for those in the rear and probably has the best passenger comfort in its class.

Well the car electronics are intelligent. For e.g you cannot switch the light off if it is placed in high beam. When the engine turns off the lights automatically turn off.

Have adjusted quite to the turning radius and am now enjoying the car.

Thanks for following up on the thread. Read articles in BS motoring and overdrive, believe Overdrive took the pain of driving one but unfortunately BS motoring review nowhere even comes close to what I have experienced. For eg for 5th gear they have written NA, fuel efficiency 11.5 in city. god knows which city did they drive. It certainly looks that they published teh article with one mindset. But how does it matter since after buying one I know it is still a gamble buying fiat till I do not experience the service part.
Will update you once I am back from Shimla.

Am planning to drive down to my hometown Shimla this weekend, will
Old 15th April 2008, 01:50   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
Hi everybody
I notice that the tail light in the attached pic has a orange coloured indicator in the rear as opposed to the white ones with a orange bulb in the multijets.

Vignesh

1.2 Siena ELX
Oh yes they are white with orange covering over the bulb or rather orange bulbs. Even i am confused here. May be a last minute revision there. By the way nice observation there vignesh.

Last edited by dhaval : 15th April 2008 at 01:53. Reason: changes
Old 15th April 2008, 08:32   #53
BHPian

I have driven my car around 1200 kms till now...went on a trip to dehradun this weekend

My palio multijet is giving a mileage of around 18.
This was calculated tank full to tank full.
50% was city driving....and rest 50% was highway driving.
Also AC was on for around 60% of the time

So if i sum up, it's giving an average of around 16 in delhi traffic and more than 20 on highways

I hope this gets better after my first service which is due this weekend
Old 15th April 2008, 10:35   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
italian hatch that was never sold in italy,made for third world countries like brazil,south africa and india.
Oh right!

Italian hatch, which is made only for third world countries having nothing but buttersmooth expressways, which is designed by some italian Giorgetto Giugiaro, who was accidentally voted as "Designer of the Century", which has something called 5th generation MultiJet engine, which is trumpeted as path breaking technology in Diesels only by some Italian company called Fiat.

What a cheap lowly engineered car by fascist/racist Europeans, who treat Indians like dirt! What a cheap car!
Old 15th April 2008, 12:29   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aushdeep View Post
Hi Friends, I have driven the car for over 500KM till Now here are the updates. Fuel Consumption:- Had done a tank full immediately after taking it out of the showroom. Till now it is still running and the fuel gauge went below half just after 450 Km an it still is 1/3 above so seems it will end probably near its first service and that too with 90% Ac on.

The engine has now eased up and is really revving to go . It has become very smooth and silent. The car is fun in traffic city conditions as the third gear can take you from 20 to 80 in no time.

Clutch is indeed a bit heavy and do feel it at times but overall the car is fun to drive as one really does not require to shift gears quite often.

Air conditioning:- Till now the coolest car to have driven , at the delhi weather these days with temperatures nearing 40 the car is cool and is mostly in between 0 - 2, occasionally if the car is parked in the sun one would require to take it to full. Well the car is very comfortable for those in the rear and probably has the best passenger comfort in its class.

Well the car electronics are intelligent. For e.g you cannot switch the light off if it is placed in high beam. When the engine turns off the lights automatically turn off.

Have adjusted quite to the turning radius and am now enjoying the car.

Thanks for following up on the thread. Read articles in BS motoring and overdrive, believe Overdrive took the pain of driving one but unfortunately BS motoring review nowhere even comes close to what I have experienced. For eg for 5th gear they have written NA, fuel efficiency 11.5 in city. god knows which city did they drive. It certainly looks that they published teh article with one mindset. But how does it matter since after buying one I know it is still a gamble buying fiat till I do not experience the service part.
Will update you once I am back from Shimla.

Am planning to drive down to my hometown Shimla this weekend, will
Congrats on the new Palio MJD and thanks for the update Aushdeep. Please keep them coming. It will benefit possible buyers like myself.
Old 15th April 2008, 17:43   #56
Senior - BHPian

Comparing Notes

Hi Aushdeep

I think we both bought our MJDs from the same dealer within a day or two of each other! But I have noticed that while my car (SDE) has clear glass indicator with orange bulbs yours has orange indicators with white bulbs (just compared the pics you posted with mine)!

My impressions after 550 kms of driving my SDE is similar. Clutch travel is longer than some cars but its not so heavy. Turning Radius I have got used to. The fuel meter is just a little below 1/4 so I assume mileage is about 15. God knows how Autocar and BSM got 12 kmpl in the city? Please post your service experience so that we can both benefit from it.

Congrats and may our tribe increase!
Old 15th April 2008, 20:00   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post

Congrats and may our tribe increase!
I am waiting to join the tribe,but Concorde motors is palying hide and seek with me.I booked the car on March 28th and they have not committed a date yet.At times i feel like cancelling it and going for a logan.Horrible waiting
Old 15th April 2008, 20:06   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebin View Post
I am waiting to join the tribe,but Concorde motors is palying hide and seek with me.I booked the car on March 28th and they have not committed a date yet.At times i feel like cancelling it and going for a logan.Horrible waiting
Hang on mate... Its worth the wait...
Old 15th April 2008, 20:11   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
Oh right!

Italian hatch, which is made only for third world countries having nothing but buttersmooth expressways,....
Palio is definitely *not* a car made for butter smooth highways. To know that, just do little bit of off-roading with a Palio, and with another hatch in the same category. Do not forget to sit in the back seat too, while someone else drives again the same road.

Last edited by clevermax : 15th April 2008 at 20:14.
Old 15th April 2008, 20:20   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Palio is definitely *not* a car made for butter smooth highways. To know that, just do little bit of off-roading with a Palio, and with another hatch in the same category. Do not forget to sit in the back seat too, while someone else drives again the same road.
Arrrrghhh!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks