Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2008, 14:39   #1
BHPian

IOR - Aveo 1.6 LT with Option Pack

Hi Everybody,

Finally I took the delivery of the Aveo yesterday. It just took an hour for us at the showroom since this being a top-end car has everything factory fitted. The car is 1.6 LT (Option Pack) variant and is equipped with ABS, Airbags & other goodies. The total payout (on-road price) for me was 7.6 lacs including the maintenance plan of 12500/- offered by GM. I have also received the parking sensors (yet to be fitted) from the dealer free of charge. The regular variants of Aveo were available through the ready stock and this being a uncommon variant took almost 20 days but probably worth the wait.

Registration process is done and the number will take another 7-10 days.

The initial driving experience was good and did not feel the gear box or the console is problematic and am sure with time I will get use to it.

Finally let me elaborate a bit on the decision making factors mentioned by me in the first post.

Following were the priorities in the preference order
a. Low maintenance cost and ownership costs (including fuel cost)
Why Aveo:
-> The 3 year maintenance plan in which against a pre-payment of 12500/- all your services and running
repairs (obviously with some T&C) are free of cost
-> A warranty of 3 years.
The above should make this a low maintenance car. The added satisfaction of Aveo being a winner in the
Quality deptt (refer JD Power) surely made the Aveo’s case stronger against competition.

b. Hassle free ownership experience – read friendly and trouble free after sales (possibly the car will be with me for 5-6 years)

Why Aveo:
-> The response from the 3 GM dealers was really superb during my car hunting process. Also, since in
Delhi there are a lot of GM dealers the service levels should be good (better than the places where we
have just 1-2 dealers)
-> Also GM has been definitely very aggressive for last few years in launching the new products,
developing the dealer network, trying to address the conception of high maintenance – I expect GM to
improve in the days to come.
-> Finally I keep my fingers crossed

c. Space (family of 4 adults and a kid)
Why Aveo:
-> Definitely as good as the Honda City

d. Driving pleasure & driving convenience
Why Aveo:
-> A compromise & Obviously not the best. I think both the Honda City & Verna are better.

Reason of not choosing the Honda City
? Outdated and bad highway manners
? Overpriced and under equipped
? But no doubt, City has best rear seats, efficiency and ease of driving.
Experience with Honda dealer: Average: promptly sent the car for test drive but absolutely no follow-up after that.

Reason of not choosing the Verna
? bad looking interiors
? A very bad looking music system in the top end because of which I was never considering the top end which was 7.9 with out ABS / Airbag.
? I was looking for Verna Xi with the ABS option and would have surely gone for it if it would have been available. I think Hyundai (and all the companies) should make ABS optional in all the variants. It’s high time that we should stop taking safety equipments as luxury.
? The good part of the Verna was a good driving feel, position and effort-less drive.

Experience with Hyundai Dealer: Bad: None except for Samara Hyundai had Verna petrol available for test drive. And none including Samara Hyundai showed any interest in selling the car. It was really disappointing to note the attitude of the dealers across the town. Even the Sales person at the Samara was more interested in buying my existing car for himself rather than selling me a new car. He made me book the Verna Xi on the false promise of ABS being available in the variant (cancelled it later). Then a half hearted attempt to prove that ABS is useless and then to buy an Accent (??) made me to decide against the Hyundai. I am really finding it difficult to believe the experience which I had with Hyundai. This could be a one off case since Hyundai is doing really well in the Indian market and has a lot of loyal customers. But if this is not a one off case than Hyundai should worry.

Anyway – I am happy as of now with my purchase decision and think at its price Aveo 1.6 (OP) is really a value for money considering the equipments it is loaded with. And I look forward to drive it more and
have fun.

In the end – A BIG thanks to the team-bhp.com and members for helping me out. This not only helped me taking a wise decision but also bought me to a place where I have found a lot of like-minded people who are passionate like me for cars. I look forward to spend more time on the site and gain the status of Bhpian and senior Bhpian !!!

I will be putting my review of car in sometime and this thread may be closed if required.

Cheers !!!
Attached Thumbnails
IOR - Aveo 1.6 LT with Option Pack-.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 8th April 2008 at 14:51. Reason: Added formatting for better readability
Old 8th April 2008, 14:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Ashish,

That is a nice color. Keep us updated with your experience with this car
Old 8th April 2008, 15:02   #3
BHPian

Congrats an10. That's a nice looking car you got there, Have a good time with it.

Cheers!!!
Old 8th April 2008, 15:14   #4
BHPian

@an10. That is a great buy,nice looking,VFM and one hell of an underrated car(mainly due to the Bad press for GM). Enjoy your ride and keep up posted on the ownership experience.
Old 8th April 2008, 15:14   #5
BHPian

good choice

Congratulations Ashish

Drive safe & have a gr8 time!
Old 8th April 2008, 15:31   #6
BHPian

Congrats on your buy. Aveo is a great looking car, especially so when compared with the so called "men" and "aliens" in the segment.
Take care
Old 8th April 2008, 16:18   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Cool! Congrats and join the T-BHP Aveo 'Club'!

Just one query: I thought that the Chevy Cashless Promise meant that THEY would bear the maintainence cost (parts + labour) leaving the owner with ONLY the fuel cost. The recent advertisements are definitely misleading if they are collecting 12.5k upfront.
Old 8th April 2008, 16:27   #8

Congratulations Ashish on your new buy! Have a nice and safe drive
Old 8th April 2008, 16:40   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Cool! Congrats and join the T-BHP Aveo 'Club'!

Just one query: I thought that the Chevy Cashless Promise meant that THEY would bear the maintainence cost (parts + labour) leaving the owner with ONLY the fuel cost. The recent advertisements are definitely misleading if they are collecting 12.5k upfront.
Exactly - it is like taking the discount of 20K OR the maintenance plan + a discount of 7.5K.

Even I had a discomfort on this. IMO this should have been a flat scheme without a either or option. This gives more confidence to the buyer and looks transparent. The charges should be mentioned in the marketing communication as even with 12500/- this is a good offer.

I still have a confusion that it only the services or includes the repair work also. All the dealers will have there own versions. Though warranty is there for 3 years / 100K KMs, still it would have been better if detailed guidelines are made available which sadly does not exist even in the scheme manual which I have received.

Last edited by an10 : 8th April 2008 at 16:52.
Old 8th April 2008, 17:06   #10
Senior - BHPian

@Antonov10 - congrats on the buy! Aveo 1.6 LT is indeed a good choice and interior quality and low NVH should make you smile all the time . But 7.6 lacs on road delhi, seems to be a bit high. I heard GM had been very generous with discount on the 1.6 LT. Anyway, happy motoring ahead!
Old 8th April 2008, 17:36   #11
BHPian

neat car and nice colour. congrats and drive safe. do post some more pics
Old 8th April 2008, 17:41   #12
BHPian

congratulations! and drive safely. Enjoy the new car!
Old 8th April 2008, 17:47   #13
Senior - BHPian

ashish,

congrats on the new car. looks great. could you give more photos and mileage updates?

thanks
srikanth
Old 8th April 2008, 17:49   #14
Senior - BHPian

Very nice to see your choice.And a classic example of a good product bad dealer mentioned too regarding the verna.The maintenance package from GM is a good option for people who want trouble free dealings and peace of mind.I think some plans similar to this is also offered by the Toyota.
Old 8th April 2008, 17:56   #15
BHPian

congrats on the buy!!! have fun and drive safe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks