Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2009, 21:47   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alton View Post
No,it is not.I generally dont tend to cross 80kmph,that's all.I once took it to 110kmph on the GQ!@ 3200rpm just after my second service at 7500km.
As you suggested there's some problem due to the dusty conditions the car is driven in.

Thanks Architect.Visited the ASC,and they too dont understand.
Finally the service engineer suggested to check the Accelerator sensor,but found it fine.He gave me the car back after replacing the Air filter element for Rs.114/.He suggested me to fill to brim,run till empty,note down any observation and revert to him next week.Also advised not to cross 70kmph!during this time.Now am waiting to see where this takes me.
Though changing the airfilter and asking you to run a full tank does not seem logical maybe you could listen to him and lets hope he has a good reason for doing so.

After that you could try revving your engine at standstill and try slowly moving across those rpm's (as you do while overaking) that you are experiencing the problem. Try it a few times and note if you experience this "non response" around that rpm.

Are you sure the multijet has an accelerator sensor. I dont think its drive by wire technology. Its just a cable. Probably you are refering to the rpm sensor.

What about the clutch issue. What does the service guy say about that.
Old 2nd March 2009, 06:33   #197
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Are you sure the multijet has an accelerator sensor. I dont think its drive by wire technology. Its just a cable. Probably you are refering to the rpm sensor.
My impression was that "drive by wire" means , there is very little mechanical stuff, like cables and linkages. There will be an accelerator position sensor.

Old 2nd March 2009, 08:33   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
My impression was that "drive by wire" means , there is very little mechanical stuff, like cables and linkages. There will be an accelerator position sensor.
Exactly the drive by wire technology uses a sensor to send signals of the accelerator position. This was on the old palio diesels but never knew the multijet also used this technology.I thought they were using cables in which case there wont be a sensor for checking the position of the accelerator.

Can some owner confirm?
Old 2nd March 2009, 09:43   #199
BHPian

DRIVE BY WIRE is not used in new multijet PALIO's.. it was only available in old 1.9D PALIO...
Old 2nd March 2009, 10:05   #200
Senior - BHPian

and having listened to his car's rattles on Sunday, I would officially recommend architect to get his ears examined - its a car - its job is to make a bit of a noise here and there
Old 6th March 2009, 09:38   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post

Maybe you should ask this person in detail about his diagnosis and cure.
His logical explanation was this "maybe some dust problem because of air filter sir.We have checked the accelerator issue,there's nothing wrong with it.So,lets check with a full tank to confirm.Drive normally and dont exceed high speed.Dont cross 70-80kmph.Please come next week."

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Though changing the airfilter and asking you to run a full tank does not seem logical maybe you could listen to him and lets hope he has a good reason for doing so.

After that you could try revving your engine at standstill and try slowly moving across those rpm's (as you do while overaking) that you are experiencing the problem. Try it a few times and note if you experience this "non response" around that rpm.

What about the clutch issue. What does the service guy say about that.
Checked the Revs across the range a couple of times.Couldnt find the "non response" in the rpm.The clutch issue had been cleared.Some 'air bleeding' had been done to it as they say it is hydraulic and over time some jerks arise at the end of release cycle.Thats what I was told and further advised to 'bleed ' the air whenever I face that issue of 'bite at the pedal'.Kindly advise on this.
Regarding the full tank run covered around 200km since 4 days,50-50% highway and city with max speed at 80kmph on a 4km stretch and the problem crops up 2 times at 2800-3100rpm!Phew! The fuel used was BP normal diesel from the same pump,a reputed one .Is there something with the fuel used for this problem ?
Hoping to find an end to this nagging issue.
Please help me root out the problem.
Thanks.
Old 6th March 2009, 17:26   #202
BHPian

Pollution Check station in South Bangalore for Diesel Car

Hi,

Please share the details of the pollution check station in South Bangalore for my diesel Palio.

I tried finding it but unable to get any information.

Please guys this is urgent as my car is now more than 6 months old.

Thanks
Old 6th March 2009, 17:47   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_fan View Post
Hi,

Please share the details of the pollution check station in South Bangalore for my diesel Palio.

Thanks
Just go to any pump on the highway / bypass where trucks go to on a regular basis. They will Pollution Checking Centres for Diesels. That's how it works in Delhi atleast. (Now, almost every pump does PUC for diesels in Delhi)
Old 7th March 2009, 11:14   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks
While coming from Bommanahalli on Hosur road, there are 2 petrol pumps on the let where they do emission testing. I got it done there last week.
Old 7th March 2009, 15:37   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks
Pls note that a new car does not need pollution under control for the first year.
go for it after it completes its 1st birthday

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks