Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2008, 10:10   #16
Team-BHP Support

Lovely car and color, and congratz.
Old 11th April 2008, 10:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats pal on your new Palio MJD! Fantastic choice!

Am sure you are enjoying the Italian beauty, your detailed review proves so!
Old 11th April 2008, 10:45   #18
Senior - BHPian

Welcome boss. Very well like your review. Who knows if I buy a SDX few months down the line, it might read EXACTLY like yours, except I have much less aesthetic sense. Very erudite, I must add.

Run-in is a funny funda: google mototune

but ask the other swiftD guys what they are doing. its raining palios so I guess resale value should come up as well. Delhi already has enough 1.2s! And being a pulsar rider, bad service network is just somehting we live with.

Are you taking this torque beast to the hills yet?

:thumbs:

all the same, my suggestion: keep varying the revs. that's also mototune ka funda, but varying the revs helps rings to seal well in bikes atleast. same rev doesnt help the engine. but then diesel heads would be the best to comment.

Last edited by phamilyman : 11th April 2008 at 10:55.
Old 11th April 2008, 11:35   #19
Senior - BHPian

Nice review architect! am sure its a nice car. My bro was keen to buy it... these reviews will definitely help him in deciding
Old 11th April 2008, 11:36   #20
BHPian

Congratulation Architect on your new car, i found http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...r-new-car.html very informative, hope it helps.
Old 13th April 2008, 00:01   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Welcome boss. Very well like your review. Who knows if I buy a SDX few months down the line, it might read EXACTLY like yours, except I have much less aesthetic sense. Very erudite, I must add.
To be honest... IF this is a really good car (as I said in my review, I have a feeling I have made a huge gamble!), I hope more and more people would buy it. If there are enough numbers, even a bad car has no problems in service and resale (e.g. Versa and Zen Estilo. In my opinion, they are not worth it although for the sake of avoiding unnecessary debate, I would suggest one simply replaces these names with others if you don't agree).

The SDX is a good package and the only reason I didn't buy it was that I JUST COULDN'T GO BEYOND 5 lacs! Though its close to the Swift Vdi (40 k difference in Delhi, I think) it has features like rear wiper / defogger. As I said, things will become clearer as the kilometres pile up (I have done 400 in a week). Nothing could please me more than many people buying this car, but only if they take their own independent decisions and not influenced ones!

My only suggestion is that if one is in the market for a large, spacious, robust diesel hatch, please consider the Palio Multijet worthy of a test drive at least.

I had almost booked a Swift LDi, but one visit to the Tata Fiat showroom changed things! Not because of the Showroom behaviour but the fact that the car felt ("FELT" could be wrong but its important, trust me) strong and spacious, the seating position felt great and the ergonomics excellent. I was at ease inside the car, which is the least I could say about the LOGAN. Maybe its psychological, but the LOGAN felt quite bad ergonomically.

Team BHP has helped me decide on this car and I think I owe them an honest review in return .
Old 13th April 2008, 00:26   #22
BHPian

It Looks Stunning in Magnesium Grey!!

The new Front Grill looks really very nice atleast in this color .

Congrtas on your new Sexy Ride!
Old 13th April 2008, 19:54   #23
BHPian

Congrats on your new car!
It looks fantastic in 'Magnesium Grey'!!
Old 14th April 2008, 11:21   #24

Though, specs says 1.1 petrol & 1.3 mjt has same length, breadth, height but I felt 1.3 looks bigger & better.
Same furnace red color looks good on 1.3 mjt than 1.1 petrol.
Is it only my perception or everyone agrees on it?
Old 14th April 2008, 15:08   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasingh View Post
Though, specs says 1.1 petrol & 1.3 mjt has same length, breadth, height but I felt 1.3 looks bigger & better.
Maybe due to newer & macho grill in 1.3 mjd. but on my personal opinion white looks best on 1.3mjd.
Old 14th April 2008, 16:04   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasingh View Post
You can blame the photography for it because both cars are of the same dimensions. But Yes, maybe it's the front grille.
Old 14th April 2008, 16:31   #27
BHPian

Congrats first! For an architect, you write extremely well. Are you sure you an architect and not a writer? :-)

Pradeep
Old 14th April 2008, 16:43   #28
BHPian

For service I suggest you continue with Vivek Automobiles. This is based on my exp with them in past 1 yr with my Stile. I have tried 2 more dealers (A-One and Him Motors) and both of them are not good with Fiat service or problems, but Vivek was too good. His engineers really know about Fiat machines well. Whatever issues I reported they are able to resolve to my satisfaction. You can also ask for superviser Hussain there, really decent guy with good knowledge about Fiat.
Old 14th April 2008, 23:04   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

my elantra manual states the car can be taken safely till 3000rpm during run in period,that is 130+kph(my guess,because it runs at ~2000rpm at 1000kph in fifth)

Anyways congrats for the nice car you've just bought and enjoy the multijet oil burner.

Last edited by .anshuman : 14th April 2008 at 23:04. Reason: spell typo
Old 15th April 2008, 10:11   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
my elantra manual states the car can be taken safely till 3000rpm during run in period,that is 130+kph(my guess,because it runs at ~2000rpm at 1000kph in fifth)
Amazing car this one. At what speed does it start taking off the runway?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks