Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2008, 18:40   #1

finally i got my fiat palio 1.6 sports.....

Hi,

My name is Piyush, previously i had an esteem and maruti 800, which were like but recently i bought my first car (as i am responsible for the emi's)which is a Palio 1.6 sports (red color), and for this i did a survey of 7-8 months...oh what a machine it is, so much power under its hood.....

i think this is one of the best cars available right now on Indian road and now i can proudly say that the time i spent before zeroing on this machine is worth......europians are actually intelligent people....this is one intelligent machine....what beautiful and masculine noise it produces when you rev this machine, may be its a gift from ferrari makers when you buy any fiat cars.......if you compare its engine with other cars on Indian road then this beast is at par....

then comes its most important feature which is of course safety...and i think fiat always believes in "Customer Safety is their Prime Concern" and you come to know this only when you try lifting its hood...its doors are also pretty heavy....

the only thing to dislike about this car is that, it needs very frequent visits to gas stations but again you can only wish for either power or mileage and i am on the former side.....

overall this is one intelligent car with features like, you can never start the car on high beam...secondly it comes with fire prevention system...it has got hydraulic clutch...moreover it comes in a very nominal price tag as compared to other cars on road offering this much...

i paid 4.3L for this machine and in return what i got..the list is endless..first and the most important thing "the Alloy wheels"...threaded gears just like honda's...rear wash and wiper...submarine seats, so good for your back...all power windows with front control as well...child lock...so much rear leg room more than any car of this segment...big boot...wiring for any blaupunkt system, that means no chance of losing warranty...

and the biggest feature of this machine is its engine "the 1600 cc, 100bhp, and 137Nm of torque"...i can bet anyone on this that no other makers are offering this much in 4.3 Lacs.....it gives you so much pleasure while driving...and moreover the more you press your foot on accelerator, every time you can feel the response.....

i drive from gurgaon to noida daily and many times i tried overtaking vehicles on 5 gear while driving on low speeds and believe me it never lets you down....so basically i think i am love with this car...so my advice to all who craves for power in low cost, this is the best buy...

thanks.
Old 10th April 2008, 18:46   #2
BHPian

congrats on ur new car buddy and Welcome to the FIAT family
All the best, Drive carefully...
Old 10th April 2008, 18:48   #3
BHPian

Congrats dude. Do proper run-in till 9000 kms at least.

Enjoy your ride.
Old 10th April 2008, 18:54   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemarauder View Post
Congrats dude. Do proper run-in till 9000 kms at least.

Enjoy your ride.
Never knew run-in period for a palio is 9000 kms
Old 10th April 2008, 18:54   #5

congrats.
is 4.3L on-road price or ex-showroom price?
Old 10th April 2008, 18:57   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Never knew run-in period for a palio is 9000 kms

Even I never knew, but few posts on TBHP mentioned so. I think it is better to be on the safer side with a Fiat as they recommend first oil change at 7500 kms.

Last edited by codemarauder : 10th April 2008 at 19:00.
Old 10th April 2008, 19:10   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemarauder View Post
Even I never knew, but few posts on TBHP mentioned so. I think it is better to be on the safer side with a Fiat as they recommend first oil change at 7500 kms.
Here it is from fiat-india website.

Initial running-in period - Your Palio's fuel efficiency will increase after the initial 1000 kms and stabilise after 2000 krns This is because a new engine is prone to higher internal friction than a run-in one.
Old 10th April 2008, 19:10   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyushpande View Post

europians are actually intelligent people....
You mean Italians??

Congrats for the mean machine! Enjoy the ride!
Old 10th April 2008, 19:12   #9

yeah 4.3Lacs is on road price, but this includes dealer discount and finance discount....which you can easily avail from any dealer...mine was Dhingra motors.....u need to be really carefull with these dealers...as they try to entice you...they might offer some accessory against their discount....but in my case i avail their discount and got my car fitted with beige color floor mats and mud-flaps for free, for which they initially asked 1500 bucks extra....as you can get any other accessory of your choice from market at a very low cost....so my experience says that bargain for as much cash discount as you can....
Old 10th April 2008, 19:16   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Initial running-in period - Your Palio's fuel efficiency will increase after the initial 1000 kms and stabilise after 2000 krns This is because a new engine is prone to higher internal friction than a run-in one.

Thanks for this Mission_Safari.

But then why do they not suggest the oil change before 2nd service (7500) kms. Wouldn't the scrapings/shavings damage the engine?

I understand that TBHP recommends getting engine oil changed at the first service itself, but I am still confused why Fiat does not recommend it. Is it just to lower the cost of ownership of the vehicle by introducing extended service intervals or it is pertaining to some technical reasons that I am not aware of?
Old 10th April 2008, 19:18   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! Good choice!

Some pics please..
Old 10th April 2008, 19:29   #12
BHPian

Congrats dude. Welcome to the Palio world & enjoy your Honeymoon period.

Take care for a couple of thousand kms. Read the previous threads about the issue.

cheers:
Old 10th April 2008, 19:46   #13
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Piyush! Enjoy the Red Hot hatch!
Old 10th April 2008, 19:49   #14
BHPian

Congrats on OWN set of wheels.
That is one good car as featured here in the forum.
Old 10th April 2008, 20:47   #15

congrats for unbelievable price

4.34L is ex-showroom price in delhi + insurance+roadtax+ext warranty should come around 4.9L.
U mean u got around 50-60K discount.
How much from delear and how much from financer.
How do i negotiate with bangalore dealers to get this price?

Manas.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks