Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2008, 13:05   #1
BHPian

My Corolla - six weeks completed

Hi All
Been 6 weeks since I got my Corolla H3 auto. Just got it serviced over the weekend - about 700 kms - but it had been over a month - so I thought I would do so
Basic stats :
Maintenance costs - ~1500 ( To get the car rubbed and polished - went away for a week and the car cleaner in the apartment didnt do his job - leaving my poor car with loads of dusts and bird dropping - unfortunately no closed parking slots available in my apartment :( - promptly fired the car cleaning guy naturally. Will be diligent in using my car cover henceforth - lesson learnt)
Fuel economy - about 65 litres and about 700 km - so getting approx 10 to 11 km/litr - this is about 70:30 highway and city
Performance - So far so good - still breaking in the car but has been pretty smooth - has a very responsive engine - so when I have to do a quick overtake that is a snap.
Have not revved the engine much - will do so once it is a little further on the odometer. Planning to do a trip to Bangalore - soon
Handling - Pretty nimble steering - but a little too light perhaps - when the road is bad - it jerks a bit - so when the road is bad have to grip it strongly - hmm could do with a less light steering.
Great turning radius for the city u-turns
On the speeds I have driven it - typically below hundred havent felt unsafe at all - people talk of light steering - but evidently that is at higher speeds. Yes - on potholed or unpaved section of roads the steering wobble is pretty irritating - but then I am going at <10 km per hour so not an issue
Being an auto - no issue with gear shift at all- such a boon - glad I stuck to my guns and insisted on getting the auto only

Braking - Very good braking so far so good
Ride comfort - handles speedbreakers and big potholes without jarring your back - outside noise low to moderate - depending on road quality - engine noise not a factor at the speeds I have driven in

Niggles - When car is standing - and you press the brakes and release - they make a noise - asked the servicing guy to check it - he said everything is fine - would be good to know if others have faced this - and if it is normal - certainly no impact on braking performance

Trips - To Pondicherry - on East coast road- great fun - till my wife insisted on driving - and since she just learnt driving - the speed was 40 km per hr
Various trips - to Mahabalipuram and other areas on ECR
Next trip - Bangalore -and Krishnagiri- if its something to write about will put it in a separate post

Query - This service was absolutely free - they said there were no consumables - the next service is at 10000 KM
Should I get the oil changed anyway in the interim
Old 14th April 2008, 13:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantw1 View Post
Query - This service was absolutely free - they said there were no consumables - the next service is at 10000 KM
Should I get the oil changed anyway in the interim
Nice write up. As far as your query is concerned, the oil certainly needs to be changed at 10,000 kms and do the tyre rotation once in every 5000 kms (it is recommended). No need to change oil in between except if their any leakage of oil which I feel it will not happen. Enjoy the ride.
Old 14th April 2008, 13:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantw1 View Post
Niggles - When car is standing - and you press the brakes and release - they make a noise - asked the servicing guy to check it - he said everything is fine - would be good to know if others have faced this - and if it is normal - certainly no impact on braking performance
What kind of noise ? Please check the paddle spring etc.

i believe its the paddle which is making noise.
Old 14th April 2008, 14:51   #4
Team-BHP Support

Congratz on the new purchase. Though its not mandatory to change oil at 1000 kms, its advisable to do so along with oil filter, just to ensure that any small metal particle due to run in is drained out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks