Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2008, 11:15   #31
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
thanks

thanks

now all i need is a pair of hella rallye 1000's sitting on top of the bull bar and I ll be ready for some serious mist and hill driving eh?
By the way ive filled nitrogen into my tyres instead of air and it feels pretty comfy - the advantage is I believe that the tyres maintain their pressure for a longer period. lets see and I will share more on this later.
unfortunately owing to a bad sprain on my right foot this weekends hill getaway has been postponed - but I shall savour the anticipation for when I become alright!
cheers

shankar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
oohhhhh... Shankar... the truck looks pretty sexy with the bull bars and alloys .....

--Ramky

============
Old 19th April 2008, 12:01   #32
BHPian

That bullbar looks sexy in your ride. i also suggest to change your front bumper which will add to the mean look of your truck.
Old 19th April 2008, 12:38   #33
Senior - BHPian

Watch Out For Cops

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
thanks

now all i need is a pair of hella rallye 1000's sitting on top of the bull bar and I ll be ready for some serious mist and hill driving eh?

cheers
shankar
There's some RTO rule out there about extra lights, a friend of mine was warned off by cops, he has removed all extra lights. Check up with your RTO / Broker friends, if they catch you, you'd be up the attic

--Ramky
=========
Old 19th April 2008, 17:20   #34
BANNED

thanks for that info
however if you saw my Bolero in the thread you d see there were 2 pretty large foglamps on that, I never had a problem with those in the last 3 years I owned it. However, before putting those big lights onto the Scorp I will check at the RTO or through some contacts

cheers

sb
Quote:
There's some RTO rule out there about extra lights, a friend of mine was warned off by cops, he has removed all extra lights. Check up with your RTO / Broker friends, if they catch you, you'd be up the attic

--Ramky
=========
Old 23rd April 2008, 14:26   #35
BANNED

replying a bit late - plse see below:

plse go to the aura website www.auraalloywheels.com

if you check there according to vehicle type you will see that both Safari and Scorpio currently have only one option as of now since both come with 16 inch rims. This is the one I bought (F11665) (5 spoke). I am not sure about whether the cap type or size can be changed to a different type.

I do know however that around 2005-2006 etc Aura used to give Metallic Aluminium Coloured ABS Plastic Hubcaps with their Alloy wheels, which are what I got when I bought the alloys for my old vehicle. Sometime from early 2007 or thereonwards, they started giving Aluminium/ Metal hubcaps like I have now got for my new vehicle.

a little earlier - maybe 2-3 years ago, I think that the Safari and Scorpio used to come sometimes with 15 inch rims - maybe specific owners preferred to change to 15 inch rims - I dont know.
see the attached pic of an older Scorp that usually parks next to my office - Ive seen its tyres and they are 215/75 R 15 same as my Bolero, which probably explains why he is using the same alloys as I had on my Bolero as you can see from the pics. the new Scorp which I picked up has 235 70 R 16 tyres and the only option in Alloys that are right now avble from Aura are the ones I ve fixed.

However, the options for those customers that were available in 15 inches - Model Numbers: D 2560 (6 spoke)which was 15 inches tall x 6 inches wide and B1560 (5 spoke) also 15 inches tall x 6 inches wide. B 1560 was what I had put in my Bolero - because the Bolero comes normally with 15 inch rims only.

Safari Vx alloys like Scorpio Vlx are probably customized OEM alloys - probably by Aura themselves since they are an OEM supplier to Tata and Mahindra also - I dont know whether these companies have more than one OEM supplier for alloy wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
Hey JK do not get frustated.

The Scorpio Alloys also seem to be Aura make but is not the same as that of Safari Vx. Please see the centre part (the cap) of the Scorpio alloys and compare with Safari Vx alloys.
Attached Thumbnails
Scorpio 2.6 Crde LX Version - My Impressions-image129.jpg  

Scorpio 2.6 Crde LX Version - My Impressions-bolero-off-road.jpg  

Scorpio 2.6 Crde LX Version - My Impressions-dsc057111.jpg  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 23rd April 2008 at 14:33. Reason: adding a couple of pictures
Old 23rd April 2008, 14:50   #36
BHPian

Quote:
replying a bit late - plse see below:

plse go to the aura website www.auraalloywheels.com

if you check there according to vehicle type you will see that both Safari and Scorpio currently have only one option as of now since both come with 16 inch rims. This is the one I bought (F11665) (5 spoke). I am not sure about whether the cap type or size can be changed to a different type.

I do know however that around 2005-2006 etc Aura used to give Metallic Aluminium Coloured ABS Plastic Hubcaps with their Alloy wheels, which are what I got when I bought the alloys for my old vehicle. Sometime from early 2007 or thereonwards, they started giving Aluminium/ Metal hubcaps like I have now got for my new vehicle.

a little earlier - maybe 2-3 years ago, I think that the Safari and Scorpio used to come sometimes with 15 inch rims - maybe specific owners preferred to change to 15 inch rims - I dont know.
see the attached pic of an older Scorp that usually parks next to my office - Ive seen its tyres and they are 215/75 R 15 same as my Bolero, which probably explains why he is using the same alloys as I had on my Bolero as you can see from the pics. the new Scorp which I picked up has 235 70 R 16 tyres and the only option in Alloys that are right now avble from Aura are the ones I ve fixed.

However, the options for those customers that were available in 15 inches - Model Numbers: D 2560 (6 spoke)which was 15 inches tall x 6 inches wide and B1560 (5 spoke) also 15 inches tall x 6 inches wide. B 1560 was what I had put in my Bolero - because the Bolero comes normally with 15 inch rims only.

Safari Vx alloys like Scorpio Vlx are probably customized OEM alloys - probably by Aura themselves since they are an OEM supplier to Tata and Mahindra also - I dont know whether these companies have more than one OEM supplier for alloy wheels.
Now you have got me confused and .
I very disctinctly remember that my friend's alloy (CRDe Lx) having the MM logi on the hub-cap. He go the alloys from the dealer (Bora Auto).

I am really
Old 23rd April 2008, 16:34   #37
BHPian

Shankar, why dont you consider the pete's power box & Bilestin B6 Suspensions?
Old 23rd April 2008, 16:35   #38
BHPian

Shankar , Ramky ,

I too own a Scorpio LX . I bought it in July 2007 . I just wanted a scorpio and after my Wagon R .. Just jumped for scorpio . It took some convincing to my family but now they just love it . I have not switched to the alloys yet .. But saw the Hawk one It costs 28K .

I have clocked 17k kms till now and am just raring to go more . This is a amazing superb vehicle .

Regards.. Katcheers:
Attached Thumbnails
Scorpio 2.6 Crde LX Version - My Impressions-img_1196.jpg  

Old 23rd April 2008, 16:37   #39
BANNED

like i said AURA is one of the OEM suppliers of customized alloys for Mahindra and Tata - maybe they dont sell those customized designs in their own brand name -and if these are customized, then I assume they would carry the MM or TATA logos!
hope this helps clear the confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
Now you have got me confused and .
I very disctinctly remember that my friend's alloy (CRDe Lx) having the MM logi on the hub-cap. He go the alloys from the dealer (Bora Auto).

I am really
Old 23rd April 2008, 16:40   #40
BANNED

thanks!
your vehicle looks lovely
what colour is it exactly?
alloys cost about 27-28 K - check the ones on mine - Aura F11665 - they vastly improve the ride and handling and are worth it as an investment

Quote:
Originally Posted by kARTIK IYER View Post
Shankar , Ramky ,

I too own a Scorpio LX . I bought it in July 2007 . I just wanted a scorpio and after my Wagon R .. Just jumped for scorpio . It took some convincing to my family but now they just love it . I have not switched to the alloys yet .. But saw the Hawk one It costs 28K .

I have clocked 17k kms till now and am just raring to go more . This is a amazing superb vehicle .

Regards.. Katcheers:
Old 23rd April 2008, 17:26   #41
BANNED

not much knowledge about Pete's though Ive heard good things on Auto car, Top gear and so on. It is quite an expensive set up though as I believe.
Suspension changes I dont want to do, because as of now Im quite satisfied with the current suspension.
plus there is the cost involved in all these mods, which wont be easy to recoup at the time one decides to sell the vehicle because the new prospective owner may not place value on all the mods.

However, i thought I would do a K&N Filter soon for the new Scorp. That should help too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansidea View Post
Shankar, why dont you consider the pete's power box & Bilestin B6 Suspensions?
Old 23rd April 2008, 17:26   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The steel facia on the front grill, costs about 600-800, will change the appearance perceptablty, will give it a brighter and shinier look, the black one kinda darkens the front.
Quote:
thanks

here is the visualization:
@shakar.balan: but one small modification to Ramky's idea of the steel facia grill - instead of installing the steel facia, you can paint the grille to match the color of the bullbar's (nudgeguard's) lower part..
Attached Thumbnails
Scorpio 2.6 Crde LX Version - My Impressions-dsc05710-copy.jpg  

Scorpio 2.6 Crde LX Version - My Impressions-dsc05710-wo-hella.jpg  

Old 23rd April 2008, 17:31   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

However, i thought I would do a K&N Filter soon for the new Scorp. That should help too.
you can go for a green storm filter..our fellow bhpian "gd1418" has installed it in his scorpio glx.

here is a link to his thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...orpio-glx.html
Old 23rd April 2008, 17:31   #44
BANNED

thanks but somehow I prefer the look of the current setup because the black bits are polyurethane clad over steel frame and the bottom silvery bit is a sort of aluminium/ brushed finish powder coated metal . and i like the plain black original scorp radiator grill which looks like the old scorp.
cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
here is the visualization:
@shakar.balan: but one small modification to Ramky's idea of the steel facia grill - instead of installing the steel facia, you can paint the grille to match the color of the bullbar's (nudgeguard's) lower part..
Old 23rd April 2008, 17:34   #45
BANNED

is greenstorm better than K & N?
i have put a K&N Filter in my Swift but I cant tell any big difference - of course I havent bothered with the Typhoon filter setup because you really cant use it in the city to its full advantage but ive changed the basic air filter to a K&N one.
they said it will improve aspiration and mileage to an extent but the main advantage is that it is a lifetime filter.
let me know

cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
you can go for a green storm filter..our fellow bhpian "gd1418" has installed it in his scorpio glx.

here is a link to his thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...orpio-glx.html

Last edited by shankar.balan : 23rd April 2008 at 17:40. Reason: oil written by mistake - changed to air

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks