Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2008, 17:45   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Hai JK,

I think each man to his poison.......... ?

Everyone has his preferences, I respect yours. The Safari is a great truck.

I'm planning to drive down (depending on leave etc) to Calicut / Cochin between 7th and 10th and drive up thro Chittor, Hyderabad, Aurabgabad back to Ahmedabad. Maybe if you are in the vicinity we can compare notes and agree to disagree.......

I also thought 18500 for 5 Alloys is cheap, checked up today, its chinese make. I'm wary of chinese stuff, but Aura is way too expensive.

Happy Driving,

--Ramky
=========
Aura is worth these days. Loved the hyper black finish on A S V I N's Zen.

7th-10th @ Cochin? Do keep us updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
couple of pics of my scorpio with its bull bar etc
Nice bull bar. Only if you has got the tyres as Mansidea has,would have looked more macho.
Old 23rd April 2008, 17:48   #47
Senior - BHPian

@shankar.balan: AFAIK both green and k&n are equal..the only difference i think is that the green uses cotton..the reason why i suggested green is because it comes in the form of a CAI(cold air intake),so no need to fabricate a new airfilter box. but in the case of K&N (i guess the model number for scorpio is "K&N RR-3003"), the filter does not come with a airfilter box hence a custom box should be fabricated to accomodate the filter and shield it from the engine heat..
Old 23rd April 2008, 18:08   #48
Senior - BHPian

@shankar: 1 more thing, installing an aftermarket air intake(airfilter) setup will void your warranty.
Old 23rd April 2008, 18:09   #49
BHPian

Nitrogen in the tyres?

Quote:
thanks

By the way ive filled nitrogen into my tyres instead of air and it feels pretty comfy - the advantage is I believe that the tyres maintain their ressure for a longer period. lets see and I will share more on this later.
unfortunately owing to a bad sprain on my right foot this weekends hill getaway has been postponed - but I shall savour the anticipation for when I become alright!
cheers

shankar
Just out of curiosity...Is this safe? This is the first that i am hearing about this. Would appreciate any additional info on how this works! Thanks!
Old 23rd April 2008, 19:26   #50
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by theodore_ftw View Post
Just out of curiosity...Is this safe? This is the first that i am hearing about this. Would appreciate any additional info on how this works! Thanks!
theodore! you should get most of the info here on nitrogen for tyres.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-nitrogen.html

Old 24th April 2008, 07:19   #51
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

as far as i know it is perfectly safe
MRF Tyredrome in Madras highly recommends it.
Madhus enterprises, quite a well known and reputed tyre care place in Bangalore also recommends it.
My dad has been using nitrogen in his car tyres for the last 2 years and both he and my mum say that it is more comfortable for some reason.
Plus, the intervals between topping up, are longer compared with air. Only thing it costs Rs 30 per tyre unlike air which is free.

So far i can feel a difference in ride comfort but it MIGHT be psychological at the moment. I will know when I do a long trip.
cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
theodore! you should get most of the info here on nitrogen for tyres.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-nitrogen.html
Old 26th April 2008, 12:57   #52
BHPian

Hi ,

It is the dark grey .. Will take your suggestion on the alloy's . Lamps look lovely , what make are they ?

Regards .. Kat
Old 26th April 2008, 13:03   #53
BHPian

Quote:
as far as i know it is perfectly safe
MRF Tyredrome in Madras highly recommends it.
Madhus enterprises, quite a well known and reputed tyre care place in Bangalore also recommends it.
My dad has been using nitrogen in his car tyres for the last 2 years and both he and my mum say that it is more comfortable for some reason.
Plus, the intervals between topping up, are longer compared with air. Only thing it costs Rs 30 per tyre unlike air which is free.

So far i can feel a difference in ride comfort but it MIGHT be psychological at the moment. I will know when I do a long trip.
cheers

Hi ,

I have filled the Nitorgen about 4 month now . It is good . Though there is different thread as indicated where there is a mixed response . But my experience says it pretty good , tyres have lost 1 or max 2 points in last 4 months . I have driven on couple of long drives post that but now complaints It costs INR 100 for all tyres first time and ongoing free till 3 months and INR 50 for refilling next time .

The ride quality does seem to smooth and really no worry of filling / checking it again and again .

Regards .. Kat
Old 26th April 2008, 14:57   #54
BANNED

thanks

the man said he simply had to replace the stock air filter with the K&N one - no changes on the box and anything else - just simply replacing the filter itself thats all. the same thing ive done on the swift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
@shankar.balan: AFAIK both green and k&n are equal..the only difference i think is that the green uses cotton..the reason why i suggested green is because it comes in the form of a CAI(cold air intake),so no need to fabricate a new airfilter box. but in the case of K&N (i guess the model number for scorpio is "K&N RR-3003"), the filter does not come with a airfilter box hence a custom box should be fabricated to accomodate the filter and shield it from the engine heat..
Old 26th April 2008, 14:59   #55
BANNED

cant instal an aftermarket air intake setup anyway in the diesel scorp
one can only change the air filter itself to K&N
this ought not to void any warranties etc because K&N gives you a document which is supposedly valid worldwide that no manufacturer can void his warranty because of using an air filter by K&N - this is what is there in the box in which the K&N Filter came (for my Swift)

Quote:
@shankar: 1 more thing, installing an aftermarket air intake(airfilter) setup will void your warranty.
Old 26th April 2008, 23:46   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks

the man said he simply had to replace the stock air filter with the K&N one - no changes on the box and anything else - just simply replacing the filter itself thats all. the same thing ive done on the swift.
buddy, there are 2 types of K&N filters, "the STOCK REPLACEMENT filter" and "the PERFORMANCE filter". Installing a stock replacement filter wont need any modification to the stock airbox. the airfilter that you've installed in your Swift is also probably the stock replacement filter(the panel filter)
which fits directly into the stock airbox. installing a performance filter(K&N RR-3003) will need a custom fabricated airbox to shield it from the extreme engine heat..on the other hand, performance filters fitted in petrol cars mostly don't need this custom fabricated box(need only custom plumbing) because there is plenty of place in engine bay and petrol engines are not as hot diesels

Quote:
cant instal an aftermarket air intake setup anyway in the diesel scorp
one can only change the air filter itself to K&N
this ought not to void any warranties etc because K&N gives you a document which is supposedly valid worldwide that no manufacturer can void his warranty because of using an air filter by K&N - this is what is there in the box in which the K&N Filter came (for my Swift)
AFAIK, any airfilter(exclude the atock replacement filter) other than the stock or OE type of air filter is called as "aftermarket airfilter"..and YES, an aftermarket airfilter can be installed in a diesel scorpio.FYKI, the installation(green storm filter in scorpio) that our fellow bhpian "gd1418" has done is a aftermarket air intake setup... and you'll void your warranty if you install a performance filter or a CAI(cold air intake like green storm), but installing a stock replacement filter(like the one in your swift) wont void your warranty.
Old 27th April 2008, 12:09   #57
BANNED

yessir'
im aware of this. which is why ive placed that stock filter in the swift. and will do the same with the scorp. basically to allow the engine to aspirate better than it will with its normal stock filter and to ensure long life of the filter itself since K&N is for life as claimed

this is really all i want to do - and the K&N filter for the scorp costs 8grand or so, so it is expensive.
cheers
sb

Quote:
buddy, there are 2 types of K&N filters, "the STOCK REPLACEMENT filter" and "the PERFORMANCE filter". Installing a stock replacement filter wont need any modification to the stock airbox. the airfilter that you've installed in your Swift is also probably the stock replacement filter(the panel filter)
which fits directly into the stock airbox. installing a performance filter(K&N RR-3003) will need a custom fabricated airbox to shield it from the extreme engine heat..on the other hand, performance filters fitted in petrol cars mostly don't need this custom fabricated box(need only custom plumbing) because there is plenty of place in engine bay and petrol engines are not as hot diesels

AFAIK, any airfilter(exclude the atock replacement filter) other than the stock or OE type of air filter is called as "aftermarket airfilter"..and YES, an aftermarket airfilter can be installed in a diesel scorpio.FYKI, the installation(green storm filter in scorpio) that our fellow bhpian "gd1418" has done is a aftermarket air intake setup... and you'll void your warranty if you install a performance filter or a CAI(cold air intake like green storm), but installing a stock replacement filter(like the one in your swift) wont void your warranty.
Old 27th April 2008, 15:23   #58
rippergeo

Quote:
yessir'
im aware of this. which is why ive placed that stock filter in the swift. and will do the same with the scorp. basically to allow the engine to aspirate better than it will with its normal stock filter and to ensure long life of the filter itself since K&N is for life as claimed

this is really all i want to do - and the K&N filter for the scorp costs 8grand or so, so it is expensive.
cheers
sb
the CAI from green should cost a similar amount. in case of any warranty issues,remove the CAI and refit the stock air filter before taking it to the service center. or is it going to be too much of a bother?
the car will feel much more relaxed on the highway.
anyways...why should there be any warranty problems? the scorpio is pretty reliable isnt it? you dont have to visit the dealer very often even otherwise.

I just thought, if you're spending that much for a stock replacement, go the whole hog, and get a CAI

Old 28th April 2008, 08:58   #59
BANNED

thanks
will check this scenario with the chap at the shop as soon as the scorp K&N becomes available - i believe this could be sometime next week he said
then depending on the availability of funds etc I can decide and get it done
cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
the CAI from green should cost a similar amount. in case of any warranty issues,remove the CAI and refit the stock air filter before taking it to the service center. or is it going to be too much of a bother?
the car will feel much more relaxed on the highway.
anyways...why should there be any warranty problems? the scorpio is pretty reliable isnt it? you dont have to visit the dealer very often even otherwise.

I just thought, if you're spending that much for a stock replacement, go the whole hog, and get a CAI
Old 26th August 2008, 12:30   #60
BHPian

Shankar.balan, your's is a truly sexy scorp. I just liked it very much. I especially liked it the way you have kept things simple and beautiful(K.I.S.S). I am actually planning to go on for a scorp and if every thing works out smoothly, your scorp will have a twin brother(or sister!) for sure soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks