Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2008, 16:19   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Oh... Sorry to hear this. I too in same situation. Just one more day left for me to decide if I go or drop Aveo from Sundram.

Anyway, i think we should get in writting what offers are being offered from them. Usually, it goes by word of mouth and nothing in written so we customer face this situation when it comes to offers and freebies. Infact these freebies are mostly charged to us. (mats, flaps are charged as standard equipements to a amount of 1200rs something)

One thing is sure, bcs of this kind of treatment from dealers, we almost lose the charm of getting tht particular car.
Hey mjothi,

I did get things in writting and with the dealer seal and guess what, they said it was a mistake from their end and wanted me to comprise on the same and as i was leaving the showroom with the cheque, i get a call from the sales guy asking if i had changed my mind to which i told him now, i have changed my mind totaly and will not step into your showroom ever again.

For 5000, he said he will give mats, sunflim and for auto-cop central locking, i need to pay 70% of it and remaining 30% he will try to get a discount.

Advaith Hyundai is a total scam and they are good at this racket. They need customers like us from Team-BHP who dig into details and ask questions as people who walk in and book have no clue what they are paying for and what they get at the end.

Regards,
Sajan.

Just sent a 3 page fax to hyundai, waiting for a reply if not, money saved and will wait for the fiat linea and punto to get launched. Will not spare hyundai for what has happned will create a noise about this.
Old 21st April 2008, 16:22   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsejars View Post
I have not had a great experience with Trident either. About a year back, when I was keen on the Verna VGT, I had requested for a test drive vehicle to be brought to my home (as it was not available when I went to the showroom). Even after a month there was no response and I decided that it is better to avoid Hyundai if the customer experience is going to be like this. I still have not upgraded yet though I did another test drive recently of the Verna as my Dad is quite keen on it. The sales rep told me that there are no discounts and he can probably give me about 7000 worth of accessories. I am not sure as it is a bit more than what i had initially budgeted for. Will update if i decide to go for it :-)

regards
rajesh
Dude,

Looks like we are all sailing in the same boat, there is a huge discount of 55,000 going on for hyundai verna [refer to what car mag, april issue] and advaith huyndai is not ready to acknowledge it and also this 7000 discount is a scam where it has floor mats, perfume bottel, idol and a cheap sun flim and for central locking, you need to pay 50% of the overall price.

Regards,
Sajan
Old 21st April 2008, 17:06   #33
BHPian

Mods, is there a possibility of having a list where one can list the dealers we ought not to approach and the tricks they can play? Something like a dealer's black list.
Old 21st April 2008, 20:04   #34
BHPian

Hi,

Just got a call from Bimal[Hyundai Plaza south] who also follows Team-Bhp and said that he would speak to mr.ajay[GM,Advaith Hyundai] on the same and would make sure things work out my way. I told him that i was not looking at getting the Sonanta as a freebiee for what had happned and wanted to know how would Advaith Hyundai fix the damage.

He also said that he would take my feedback regarding the verna handling effect and why Getz CDRi been deprived of an ABS till date and said that the waiting period of a getz CDRi was 3 weeks and not sure why the dealer said that the waiting period was 4 months.

Later on I did a call from ajay[GM,Advaith Hyundai], who inturn apologised on the same and said that he would give the discount as promised but not more than that as he would not be able to complie on the same.

Please advice on should I go back to Advaith after what has happned to me and my dad or walk away and look at some thing else.

Regards,
Sajan
Old 22nd April 2008, 17:28   #35
BHPian

This is where the heart rules over the mind :-) You can probably check with Trident too and see if you get a better treatment from them. You still get what you want and at the same time do not give your custom to Advaith!
Old 22nd April 2008, 18:26   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post

Later on I did a call from ajay[GM,Advaith Hyundai], who inturn apologised on the same and said that he would give the discount as promised but not more than that as he would not be able to complie on the same.

Please advice on should I go back to Advaith after what has happned to me and my dad or walk away and look at some thing else.

Regards,
Sajan
If they are taking the effort to correct a mistake at their end, I believe you should give them a chance. Not saying that you should agree to all that they say or try to be very good to them.

Make an attempt to work things out to your satisfaction. This is business and treate it that way - and its your money!

Do go back and do stick to your initial discussion. If your are able to get something that you feel worth, they go ahead. Else, do walk out with a smiling face and thanking them for the effort.
Old 23rd April 2008, 14:57   #37
BHPian

sajan good choice ABS is a must for verna and about the tyres change them because

handling was not the issue i has with my abs crdi car as it comes with wider tyres than the normal vernas but the

poor quality of the mrf tyres which started producing irritating noise after 10k kms at speeds greater than 60kmph, even the hyundai service guy accepted that the mrf tyres were not upt mark and asked me change to bridgestone once the oems wear out
Old 24th April 2008, 22:57   #38
BHPian

Hi all,

It looks likes there are two different people interacting with me, first you have Hyundai who are telling me that what ever the dealer has promised you should be getting it and then the dealer who says that he will try his best to give me the original offer and has not received any communication of the same from Hyundai.

It looks like I am back to square one of all the troubles which started from day one and hence told Hyundai and Advaith thank you very much and goodbye for ever.

Regards,
Sajan
Old 25th April 2008, 00:00   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Hi all,

It looks likes there are two different people interacting with me, first you have Hyundai who are telling me that what ever the dealer has promised you should be getting it and then the dealer who says that he will try his best to give me the original offer and has not received any communication of the same from Hyundai.

It looks like I am back to square one of all the troubles which started from day one and hence told Hyundai and Advaith thank you very much and goodbye for ever.

Regards,
Sajan
Dude, sorry to hear about your experience.

This seems to be a goof up by the sales executive at the time of booking. The lesson I learnt is that from now on I need to get the commitments by writing before passing the booking amount. I did not think about it when I booked my Getz as only teflon coating was free.

I would say do not drop Verna from your list if you like it. Its the best choice in the segment according to me. Why do not you try Trident?
I would say Maruti and Hyundai are the best in service. So the probabibility of goof ups from Fiat, GM etc would be more.
Old 25th April 2008, 00:05   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Oh... Sorry to hear this. I too in same situation. Just one more day left for me to decide if I go or drop Aveo from Sundram.

Anyway, i think we should get in writting what offers are being offered from them. Usually, it goes by word of mouth and nothing in written so we customer face this situation when it comes to offers and freebies. Infact these freebies are mostly charged to us. (mats, flaps are charged as standard equipements to a amount of 1200rs something)

One thing is sure, bcs of this kind of treatment from dealers, we almost lose the charm of getting tht particular car.
mjothi, sorry to hear about this. I agree that these selling inefficiencies affect the charm of buying the car. Yes, it makes sense to get everything in writing. What was the change from the original commitment.

I think all the new friends I made in the last Team-BHP meet are taken for a ride.
Old 25th April 2008, 12:08   #41
Senior - BHPian

I had a similar experience from Advaith Hyundai. They were offering lesser discount and some of the freebies were missing from what Trident was offering, when I went there to buy a Getz for my friend. Trident offered seat covers and MP3 player upfront, but Advaith said there was no such offer.

The salesman, when confronted, had the cheek to say that this offer(promised from Trident) had come only the day before at 6.p.m and he had not had the time to check it(what BULL - beats me why they employ him, if he cannot keep himself abreast of the offers valid for the month, anyway he was lying). My friend was keen on the Diesel, again, unrealistic waiting periods were quoted to put him off.

Needless to say, we walked out of Advaith, my friend did book a Getz with Trident, but later changed his mind and got himself a Fiesta.
Old 25th April 2008, 14:41   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
I had a similar experience from Advaith Hyundai. They were offering lesser discount and some of the freebies were missing from what Trident was offering, when I went there to buy a Getz for my friend. Trident offered seat covers and MP3 player upfront, but Advaith said there was no such offer.

The salesman, when confronted, had the cheek to say that this offer(promised from Trident) had come only the day before at 6.p.m and he had not had the time to check it(what BULL - beats me why they employ him, if he cannot keep himself abreast of the offers valid for the month, anyway he was lying). My friend was keen on the Diesel, again, unrealistic waiting periods were quoted to put him off.

Needless to say, we walked out of Advaith, my friend did book a Getz with Trident, but later changed his mind and got himself a Fiesta.
Hey kuttapan,

Thanks for the update, I guess i shall try my luck with Trident and see if they are better or same as Advaith.

I wonder what Advaith is gaining by cheating or misleading customers. Even now they want me to come back to them and forget all the promises made by them and start off fresh, I told them that Deal is offically off.

Regards,
Sajan
Old 28th April 2008, 21:04   #43
BHPian

Hi All,

Well, like they say, "kahani mein twist". I got a call from Advaith Hyundai and they have agreeded for all my terms and conditions and have provided me the discount amount that was promised earlier and giving me the car on 8th May 2008. So it looks like business as usual and after getting the same on paper with seal and signature, I gave them the Down payment amount of 4 lakhs and the remaining amount of 5 lakhs as loan from axis bank which got approved.

I also received an apology from Hyundia, VP sales for south India[Bimal] and GM of Advaith Hyundai[Mr.Ajay] asking to reconsider our decision on Verna and to book the car and they will make sure everything will be smooth. So, everything is back to normal and now i'am waiting for my car to be delivered on the 8th of next month.

I guess standing up for what is right and sticking to it does wonders as thoes faxes and calling autocar and what car magzines and updating them on the same did come in handy.

Waiting for my 110 bhp beast to come, totally exicted.

Once the car comes, I'am getting the tries upsize to 195/60R14 Bridgestone. Looking for a good alloy to match the real earth color and will get 3M sun film done. ICE setup, will talk to satya[BlueRaven] and get it done by him.

Will keep you all posted and once my car comes, will post pic too.

Regards,
Sajan.

Last edited by sajands : 28th April 2008 at 21:09. Reason: forgot to add few extra lines
Old 28th April 2008, 21:45   #44
BHPian

@sajands: cracking news. I guess a little bit of steel in the spine and great support groups like team-bhp here would help all of us getting maximum bang for the buck on every purchase.
Old 28th April 2008, 21:52   #45
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!! Waiting for the pictures and initial ownership report.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks