Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2008, 10:29   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

I dont mean a newbie here on T-bhp !! :

I meant when you were new at your job. Dont tell me you were perfect and didnt make any mistakes.

Quote:
To do ones job, this is not required. If one person is not aware of details of his line of work, then I certainly do not want to have anything to do with him. This is not charity or social service that anyone is doing here
I agree. But my point is that go to ANY dealer and you'll find people like this. So, what will you do now ? Not buy a car at all ? go around sitting on yopur scooter or in buses or autorickshaws ?

Quote:
which is actually very bad. from what you say, it seems like customer does not have the right to have proper information - and if it come, the customer is just plain lucky!
Unfortunately, YES !! I dont like it either, but this is the situation. The sooner we accept it, the better it will be for all of us.

I dont mean to say you should just sit back and do nothing. But you can have an honest chat with the manager or the person in charge and without losing your cool, tell them that the salesman was an idiot. that works way better than blasting and bad mouthing the people at the dealership or posting abt it on T-bhp.

My dad is an entrepreneur and I know this from personal experience. If someone shouts at me, I will tend to disregard that person. But if he comes up to me nicely (or even on the phone) and gives me honest feedback calmly, I'll be more open to receiving it and doing something abt it. Put yourself in that person's shoes. If someone just yells at you, you'll just get pissed off. But if they come and talk to you calmly, you'll definitely do a better job next time.

Quote:
And what do you think they will do? Re-register the car at the right RTO or take a new one and give him that by registering it at the right place?

Don't think either of these will be done!
What makes you think that ? Many people may not do that. But you really cannot generalise that ALL dealerships will do that unless ypou have personal experience.

By that logic, I should say all Indians are criminals just because a small percentage of them are criminals. Dont generalise.

Quote:

Nikhilb2008, i'am not concerned whether you got the deal or not, all I said was if a promise was mode they should have kept their word on that not telling us later, i would have agreed if they had mentioned about offer not being able to club not after giving me a print out with seal and signature and then telling its not possible.

Dude, what part of my post didnt you understand ? they made a mistake. Mistakes happen. I am not supporting their mistake. But I am saying that they at least had the ***** to own up and say sorry. What more do you want ? are you perfect ? You cant be perfect.
Old 9th May 2008, 11:19   #92
Senior - BHPian

Nikhil bhai,
These days the attitude of these sales guys has changed man.

I would like to tell you guys things happened with me while booking a Getz CRDi:
I know all the negotiation stuff as i bought a car before 6 months.
I am planning to buy one more car and called up a sales person from Advaith MG road office enquiring about Getz Crdi.
I told them clearly that the car is not worth 6.5 lacs and i asked them for some corporate offer. They said no offer and no discounts. I said ok.

Then i called trident and the guy offered me MP3 and remote locking for the same Getz Crdi . I asked the dealer whether the offer is on Diesel Getz? He said yes.
Then called up advaith and talked to sales exec about what trident is offering. The executive told "sir i will give you
Mp3 player with two speakers, remote locking, sun film, steering cover, teflon coating, mats, mud flaps"
I confirmed whther it is for Getz D or not? She said yes.

Wow thats a good deal. I told i will come down to show room for paying the booking amount. When i reched showroom, she tells me the offer is for santro and not Getz diesel

Do you call it as a mistake? Naa bro. Its a game some executives are playing these days.

Sajan did a right thing. Question is not about 5K. Its about commitment.
They sell many cars a day and they should be serious before making a commitment.
The automobile business is not the same it was before 2 years.
Earlier they used to do anything to sell a car.
Now some executives are taking customers for a ride.

Last edited by djay99 : 9th May 2008 at 11:20.
Old 9th May 2008, 11:48   #93
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sajan , finally .. Congratulations on getting your car bro. Thanks for posting the pics. Now I would like to ask in true news reporter style (no I am not one )," Now that you are a proud owner of a spanking new Verna, how do you feel?"

Congrats again bro, drive safe and keep us updated .
Now dont bother about what happened before and just enjoy your car.
Old 9th May 2008, 13:13   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Hey Sajan , finally .. Congratulations on getting your car bro. Thanks for posting the pics. Now I would like to ask in true news reporter style (no I am not one )," Now that you are a proud owner of a spanking new Verna, how do you feel?"

Congrats again bro, drive safe and keep us updated .
Now dont bother about what happened before and just enjoy your car.
Hey sammyboy,

thanks a lot. feeling really good about it and the car...i 'am just speachless its too good, real raw power.

Regards,
Sajan
Old 9th May 2008, 13:17   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Congrats sajan for verna cheers:

Can you please provide breakup of 55K offer? Everybody would be eager to know.
Any info on offers on Getz CRDi?
Hey djay99,

Breakup is as follows,

1.Dealer Discount of 8,500.
2.Individual Discount 10,000
3.Loyalty Discount 10,000
4. Discount on loan amount which ever bank 4.3% [on the entire loan amount]
5. if you are a doctor, I.M.A. discount of 7000.

Regards,
Sajan
Old 13th May 2008, 07:34   #96
BHPian

Congrats Sajan!The Car is a beauty!!! Waiting for my Verna to be Delivered this Month End! Worth the wait I guess, Hyundai has the Stock tyres upsized from 175/60 R14 to 185/60 R14??? that sounds interesting....
Old 13th May 2008, 14:49   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_x1 View Post
Congrats Sajan!The Car is a beauty!!! Waiting for my Verna to be Delivered this Month End! Worth the wait I guess, Hyundai has the Stock tyres upsized from 175/60 R14 to 185/60 R14??? that sounds interesting....
Hey Maverick_x1,

Thanks man. Which color is your's and i hope you opted for ABS. i found my car to have 185/60R14 but upsized it to 195/60R14 now the car is smooth and loads of grip.

Regards,
Sajan
Old 21st May 2008, 08:56   #98
BHPian

Hyundai upsized tyres? what next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Hey Maverick_x1,

Thanks man. Which color is your's and i hope you opted for ABS. i found my car to have 185/60R14 but upsized it to 195/60R14 now the car is smooth and loads of grip.

Regards,
Sajan

You are Welcome. I have taken the ABS (Need in India than anywhere else). Checked the Shoes and they are indeed 185/60 R14's. Hope Hyundai has tuned the suspension to handle better.

May be Hyundai does take our fellow BHPian's reviews serious I guess!!!

Once Vitamin-M is replenished will go for the Pete's kit/alloys/upgrades.

I'll post a review sometime next week once the ride is in
Till then Congrats on your new ride and Have fun!!!
Old 21st May 2008, 16:42   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_x1 View Post
You are Welcome. I have taken the ABS (Need in India than anywhere else). Checked the Shoes and they are indeed 185/60 R14's. Hope Hyundai has tuned the suspension to handle better.

May be Hyundai does take our fellow BHPian's reviews serious I guess!!!

Once Vitamin-M is replenished will go for the Pete's kit/alloys/upgrades.

I'll post a review sometime next week once the ride is in
Till then Congrats on your new ride and Have fun!!!
Hey Maverick_x1,

Good to hear that, now waiting for your car and pic's. its been 2 weeks and i have crossed 800kms. will update on the thread soon.

Regards,
Sajan
Old 21st May 2008, 16:52   #100
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sajan, where is the writeup on your experience so far? Was looking for updates from u but couldnt see anything
Old 21st May 2008, 19:19   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Hey Sajan, where is the writeup on your experience so far? Was looking for updates from u but couldnt see anything
Hey sammyboy,

Just waiting for finsh this saturday and sunday trip to mysore after which will provide a write up of completing 1000kms and will post more pics.

I still need to upload pics on the ICE setup. not able to find time. once my cousin's sis wedding is done on sunday will do a detailed writeup.

Regards,
Sajan
Old 22nd May 2008, 06:17   #102
BHPian

hey sajan congrats bro nice choice, well my verna has completed 16 months with 32k on the odo, and iam loving it more and more, its an easy and fun car to drive, well i upgraded my tyres to 205/55/16 good year with alloys. the grip and handling has improved.and now i have booked 2nd verna for my family, well was planing petrol first then ended on vgt. my dealer is giving me deck with 4 speaker, matting, teflon coating,mudflaps, sunfilm,and may be parking sensors aswell. u enjoy your beauty and drive safe.
Old 22nd May 2008, 23:54   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetu4444 View Post
hey sajan congrats bro nice choice, well my verna has completed 16 months with 32k on the odo, and iam loving it more and more, its an easy and fun car to drive, well i upgraded my tyres to 205/55/16 good year with alloys. the grip and handling has improved.and now i have booked 2nd verna for my family, well was planing petrol first then ended on vgt. my dealer is giving me deck with 4 speaker, matting, teflon coating,mudflaps, sunfilm,and may be parking sensors aswell. u enjoy your beauty and drive safe.
Hey jeetu4444,

Congrats man, waiting for your second car's pics. indeed Verna is a fun and neat car to drive. this is one thing that Hyundai seems to get right for a change, but i'am not happy with the fog lights, does not make any difference whether they are switched on or off. please let me know if you face the same issue.

Regards,
Sajan
Old 23rd May 2008, 04:54   #104
BHPian

sajan try to change the fog bulbs, or there are little reflectors in the fog lamp if u shift them the fog light will travel more . coz in mine i have shifted it, will try and post pics.
Old 23rd May 2008, 17:06   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetu4444 View Post
sajan try to change the fog bulbs, or there are little reflectors in the fog lamp if u shift them the fog light will travel more . coz in mine i have shifted it, will try and post pics.
Hey Jeetu,

Please let me know how exactly did you do that, please post pics on the same and did you replace the fog light bulbs as well or retain the orginal stock bulbs? Let me know.

Regards,
Sajan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks