Team-BHP - My first car: i10 Era
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   My first car: i10 Era (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/38431-my-first-car-i10-era.html)

On 12th April 2008, I received the keys of my new car: Hyundai i10.

Model: Era

Color: Champagne Gold

Cost on-road: Rs. 4,24,633

Accessories received as part of the car: Door mats, mud flaps, God idol, perfume, Teflon coating, Garware medium sun film

Dealer: Advaith Hyundai, Outer Ring Road

I got ICE done on the same day for Rs. 15K at JBL (Sound Factor), Lavelle road. Pioneer Head Unit (4050) and JBL speakers (GTO 607 component speakers at front and GTO 937 oval 6×9 at rear).

Observations so far (note that this is my first car, so some points might be common to all cars):

Few more photos

Congrats on the new car.. And nice choice of color! Get the tire changed.. It will be good head turner!

Srikat - Congrats on your new ride! Suprised to hear about another gear shift problem in i10. I dont think you ll have the problem for too long. How i wish Hyundai had given it atleast an 1.2 litre engine and not plonked an 1.1 l .

Congratulations Srikat for your first car purchase...
Drive safe . Enjoy !!
What features does the ERA have ..
Is this the one which offers sun roof ?
While purchasing ERA did you have any other options in mind ..
Did you consider the Stile 1.1 versions too ?
If yes , what made the tables turn in i10's favour ?

Congrats srikat. Lovely car and a very nice color too. Enjoy your ride and drive safe.

Cheers

Congrats on the new ride. The car is a good city car with fantastic visibility and drive comfort.

Mention the problems to the Service centre and they should rectify it during first service.

Great choice on a first car and nice colour. A little bit puzzled about the gearshift problem though as it is usually butter smooth. Expect the A/C lag, after all the car is only 66 horses.
Guaranteed smooth and low maintenance ride. Enjoy..

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomRider (Post 797449)
Congrats on the new car.. And nice choice of color! Get the tire changed.. It will be good head turner!

My usage of the car will be only in the city. Do I still need to change the tyres? I was thinking of getting just the wheel caps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbaruas (Post 798356)
Congratulations Srikat for your first car purchase...
Drive safe . Enjoy !!
What features does the ERA have ..
Is this the one which offers sun roof ?
While purchasing ERA did you have any other options in mind ..
Did you consider the Stile 1.1 versions too ?
If yes , what made the tables turn in i10's favour ?

Era has power steering, front power windows, tubeless tyres. For the full list of features, check out HYUNDAI MOTOR INDIA - Hyundai i10

Sun roof is available in Magna(O).

I didn't consider Fiat and Spark due to possible A-S-S problems. So the choice was between this and Wagon R Vxi. I went for i10 since it's contemporary.

To everyone else who replied: Thanks folks.

Congrats Srikat. Enjoy the ride.

BTW, would be great if you can add few pics of your ICE as well ;)

Exactly a month after your purchase - how do you find the initial experience? I am reckoning that you would have clocked up a 1000 kms.

Due to family reasons, I could only start driving 11 days after the purchase. So far drove 300 km. The gear lever is becoming smoother. Since I am a first time driver, I have nothing to compare my i10 experience against.

So far, it's proven to be good and useful. A.C is fantastic. I haven't taken it outside the city yet.

Hey Srikat,congrats on the purchase man,so its been a month have you got your hands over the wheel,any new upgrades for your i10?

Congrats on your car. It looks cool in that color.

Congrats on your new ride.
Nice colour too.
Any updates like performance of car , etc.

Congrats on new car. And a sensible choice for ICE too, enjoy your ride.