Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2008, 09:44   #1
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Tata Indica V2 Turbo DLG

Tata Indica DLG Turbo V2
I bought one in April 2006 for my parents.
Good space inside. Great in the city. Decent on the plains flat highways. Economical to run. Comfortable.
Turbo Lag in second gear is a PAIN. The car cries when you go over a speed breaker and it takes quite a while to build up revs after you slow down and shift down to second.
I am wondering how it will feel, if one is negotiating the hairpin bends on the Sigur Ghats on the way to Ooty.
Tata AFTER SALES Service needs a swift kick in the rear end! This car came to us with a constant fan belt/ AC Belt squeaky noise. Despite many attempts to get rid of it, it continues. The latest thing to conk out is the rear door central locking mechanism forcing one to stick a hand out and open the door from outside. Maintenance is expensive because of constant garage visits with small irritating little niggles.
Build quality is not fantastic and the tyres are too small and tiny despite the 14 inch rims!
This car however is great value to use and is very nice and easy to park etc in crowded cities, while still being very spacious, even at the rear seats.
I am wondering about the re-sale value though unless some taxi chap buys it because it is looked after very carefully right now.

Last edited by GTO : 17th April 2008 at 15:25. Reason: PLease do NOT use other word processors as the FONT tags end up showing. Thanks
Old 16th April 2008, 20:15   #2
BANNED

Shankar boy, whatever happened to you? So many FONT tags after quite a large number of well formatted posts?

And have you / a relative owned a Merc?
Old 17th April 2008, 13:39   #3
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

sorry man
i tend to type all reviews on word and then copy paste onto the post, to save time - because i write reviews in the evening or whenever it takes my fancy, adding things to it now and then.
then I simply try and plug it in onto the BHP post forum - thats probably why all these font thingys which I dont know how to kill!
cheers

My brother in law has bought a Merc C200 Kompressor - new one - about a year back.
Lovely car but cramped in the backseat

he also owns an older white 190D or 200D - 1994 model i think

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Shankar boy, whatever happened to you? So many FONT tags after quite a large number of well formatted posts?

And have you / a relative owned a Merc?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks