Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2008, 16:46   #76
Senior - BHPian

There are two sides to every coin. I respect ''sunson" for bringing this matter up in the open, but he must take ownership of the situation and accept his responsibility. He was driving the car and it is upon him to take utmost care while driving and ensure the safety of his passengers. The reaction of the dealer guys and the auto guy and the public is regrettable, but that is how it is in India. Maybe someone from this site who lives in Bangalore , or who is a lawyer should try and help "sunson" and help him sort out this incident to the satisfaction of all. To say that the dealer should keep quiet , when one of his demo cars has taken a toss at the hands of a prospective buyer is a lot of hoot. Witness what happened in Mangalore recently to a DZire at the hands of an irresponsible prospective buyer who was lucky to have escaped when he plunged the car into a river , due to his rash driving, which was established beyond a doubt. I hope this matter is resolved peacefully.Like "SLK" said, accidents don't happen on their own.

Last edited by nickatnite : 21st April 2008 at 16:50.
Old 21st April 2008, 16:56   #77
Senior - BHPian

Its good that you are safe and sound after this accident. The mob fury especially the auto drivers would have beaten you till you lie half-dead. Such are the scenes we see and hear in newspapers and tv channels nowadays.

As far as the car is concerned, why don't you think of buying this car itself and again claiming the insurance after you buy this car. I think this may suffice the matter instead of going through the real grind. If this option is already tried out, then it is better to consult a good lawer about your next action. But I feel you can also lodge the complaint about physical assult done to you by the dealer and this person needs to pay for this. No auto manufacturer will recommend to the dealer to beat the person if there is an accident. I would prefer to settle this out of court or if this is not possible, take the legal route.

Last edited by snaronikar : 21st April 2008 at 16:58.
Old 21st April 2008, 17:05   #78
BHPian

Susnson,i am really upset aafter reading this.Hope your injuries are not major.Wish you a speedy recovery.Appoint a very good lawyerand if you find any difficulty in the same sought the help of fellow bhpians.I really want to beat up the showroom guy who beat you.How could he touch you?

Accident happened during test drive is not a big issue.File a case against faulty car and manhandling aginst them.I am sure that law will take it seriously about a manhandlig an injured person that too in a police station.

Last edited by shebin : 21st April 2008 at 17:08.
Old 21st April 2008, 17:31   #79
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
The reaction of the dealer guys and the auto guy and the public is regrettable, but that is how it is in India. [...] To say that the dealer should keep quiet , when one of his demo cars has taken a toss at the hands of a prospective buyer is a lot of hoot.
You are just plain wrong here. Here is someone who has just been through a traumatic accident, and has just been beaten up by a bunch of thugs as witnessed by the dealer. Instead of helping him out, the dealer decides to add more blows to the accident+mob victim. Unspeakable brutality, which I cannot find words to adequately condemn. We simply cannot accept that this is how India is. It cannot be, in any civilized society.

Note that the dealer could have gone about the financial/legal aspects in a civilized manner. That they didn't do that and chose to use force suggests that:

1. They were probably not confident of being in the right; maybe car was not insured, etc.
2. They wanted to take advantage of Sunson's probable mental/physical state and get concessions from him before he has time to recover and collect his thoughts.

Last edited by rks : 21st April 2008 at 17:38.
Old 21st April 2008, 17:46   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
You are just plain wrong here. Here is someone who has just been through a traumatic accident, and has just been beaten up by a bunch of thugs as witnessed by the dealer. Instead of helping him out, the dealer decides to add more blows to the accident+mob victim. Unspeakable brutality, which I cannot find words to adequately condemn. We simply cannot accept that this is how India is. It cannot be, in any civilized society.

Note that the dealer could have gone about the financial/legal aspects in a civilized manner.
completely, for heavens sake things can go wrong with road usage. It was an accident and not done on purpose! Also test drive was consciously given to a prospective buyer.

I think once the current issue is sorted, the dealer has to be sued for mental and physical agony this guy was put through. I wouldnt go near this dealer anymore.
Old 21st April 2008, 17:47   #81
BHPian

God bless you my friend. I hope all ends well and you come out of this without any more injuries - mental, physical as well as financial!
hmishra83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2008, 17:50   #82
BHPian

I think all Bangalore BHPians should try to help out our fello BHPian. It could happen to anyone of us. You guys should come up with a unanimous view and decide on how things can at best be sorted with the dealer. Then, maybe walk up to the dealer or authorities. I doubt if 'Susnson' by himself and that too in his current state would be able to do the best...all by himself!
hmishra83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2008, 18:23   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post

Note that the dealer could have gone about the financial/legal aspects in a civilized manner. That they didn't do that and chose to use force suggests that:

1. They were probably not confident of being in the right; maybe car was not insured, etc.
2. They wanted to take advantage of Sunson's probable mental/physical state and get concessions from him before he has time to recover and collect his thoughts.
To blame the dealership for an undesirable and possibly 'knee-jerk' reaction by the employees traveling with a prospect during a test drive and an accident happens ,is unfair. They are working souls doing their jobs.Also, no one seems to be showing any sympathy for the passengers(namely,the employees of the dealership) whose life(lives) could have been at risk , due to the negligence or unfortunate incident involving the driver. The Auto guy , who , when he saw his Auto being hit,probably saw his livelihood vanish ,possibly, for a moment in front of his eyes. Let us not be one-sided. We should give all the benefit of the doubt , and let qualified and authorized persons resolve this matter to the satisfaction of all concerned.If the accident was not entirely the fault of the driver, i don't think passengers traveling in the car will get out and beat him or her for any damage involved. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

I had a flat tire situation in the middle of a busy intersection in Chennai a couple of years ago and while i stood helpless in the middle of the road, no one traveling in a car stopped to ask if i needed help. Infact, they gave me dirty looks for impeding their way. It was a three working class guys who came from nowhere, stopped traffic , helped me push my car to the side of the road, waited for traffic to clear a bit and then got a guy who knew how to change tires to do the job. I paid the guy who changed the tire, but the three guys who helped me refused any money i offered. So, let's not be ready to find fault. Let us hear from 'sunson' how this matter pans out. I feel for his plight and i understand that accidents happen. But , if it was his fault, then he must admit and move on. If he is/has/was living in the US, he would agree with my view. That is my permanent place of residence.

Last edited by nickatnite : 21st April 2008 at 18:25.
Old 21st April 2008, 18:27   #84
Senior - BHPian

What a horrible Experience !! I am glad you are safe and nothing happened to you.

The Dealer's behaviour though is Unhuman. Instead of coming and asking you how you are, he starts beating you ( And you take the beating !!!! )

If I were you I'd make the Dealers life a living nightmare. I'd probably make sure his dealership would get cancelled. Automotive Companies have very strict guidelines for Dealers with Bad Behaviour ( I have had an experience wih Hyundai - I got a car replaced once - Don't ask how but I did, Long story )

Please get in touch with a few Political People & the Media and I am sure they will be more than happy to help you out. In todays Media Crazy world - people are looking for news. Give it to them.

Last but not the least - File a Police complaint against the dealer - Don't be afraid, They might be powerful people, but remember they are not the ' LAW '.

Keep us updated !! Cheers !! And one more thing, do not buy the car from him, buy it from someone else and make sure you tell the other chap why you are doing so. He will surely spread the word around.

Last edited by vkochar : 21st April 2008 at 18:29.
Old 21st April 2008, 18:36   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To blame the dealership for an undesirable and possibly 'knee-jerk' reaction by the employees traveling with a prospect during a test drive and an accident happens ,is unfair. They are working souls doing their jobs.Also, no one seems to be showing any sympathy for the passengers(namely,the employees of the dealership) whose life(lives) could have been at risk , due to the negligence or unfortunate incident involving the driver. The Auto guy , who , when he saw his Auto being hit,probably saw his livelihood vanish ,possibly, for a moment in front of his eyes.
You might have missed the point nick. I agree with you on most of what you said, but sunson needn't have been beaten up. Mob mentality on the roads is simply NOT acceptable. I didn't SOS a thousand bhp'ians to beat the hell out of the rickshaw guy who cut traffic and caused me to be part of a pile-up last week. There are ways to go about it in a civil manner. The dealership isn't being blamed for a knee-jerk reaction. They're being blamed for being outright jerks in their reaction. If they're not insuring the car, it's illegal and there's no two ways about it. Ditto for roughing up a customer who's already booked his car with them.
Sunson, tBhp will stand by you.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 21st April 2008 at 18:40.
Old 21st April 2008, 18:54   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To blame the dealership for an undesirable and possibly 'knee-jerk' reaction by the employees traveling with a prospect during a test drive and an accident happens ,is unfair. They are working souls doing their jobs.Also, no one seems to be showing any sympathy for the passengers(namely,the employees of the dealership) whose life(lives) could have been at risk , due to the negligence or unfortunate incident involving the driver. The Auto guy , who , when he saw his Auto being hit,probably saw his livelihood vanish ,possibly, for a moment in front of his eyes. Let us not be one-sided. We should give all the benefit of the doubt , and let qualified and authorized persons resolve this matter to the satisfaction of all concerned.If the accident was not entirely the fault of the driver, i don't think passengers traveling in the car will get out and beat him or her for any damage involved. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.
I do not agree with you regarding the dealer. Mob fury is understandable as mob consists of different kind of individuals, not dealer fury. Accidents happen by mistake and settlement has to be done in a civilised manner, not by using goondas and hitting the customer. Judgemental mistakes can happen to anyone and the incident narrated could happen to anyone test driving a car. I will never have any dealings with the dealer mentioned here.
Old 21st April 2008, 19:07   #87
BHPian

@nicknite.I agree to the fact that testdrives should be more careful,butWhatever be the situation,beating up a guy when he is helpless and injured does not suits any civilised society.It has nothing to do with the country you are residing or your work pressure or class.It just shows that more and more are becoming like animals and predators who thinks monetary loss is the biggest loss.Why the public should take law into their hands?What right they have to beat up a hapless soul in the middle of the road that too injured and shocked?Whatever excuse you have ,this creepy behaviour its not justified.

And the dealer,who asked him to invite people for test drive first of all?Doesnt he know that there are chances of accident?he could have claimed insurance and any difference can be talked and setlled between them.Sunson is aperson from a respectable back ground and should be dealt like that.If i was in his place i would have given it back to the dealer by now.

Please dont justify the dealer.Even if its the drivers mistake,there are ways to resolve it rather than beating him up in front of his family.If this dealer doesnt know how to handle an accident situation proffessionaly he deserves not be in business.

I bought my swift from Bimal.Now i and people whom i know will never buy from there and i will tell them the reason too.They should understand its not fun to beat up some one.I think team bhp should convey its protest to the dealer.
Old 21st April 2008, 19:36   #88
LLL
BHPian

@sunson - How are you now? whats the latest update? You had mentioned dealer is going to take legal route...can you update us on that?

any bangy guys - if you know a good lawyer/media-guy/top cop, can you recommend/introduce him to sunson?
Old 21st April 2008, 19:52   #89
Senior - BHPian

My God!! What an experience. Im glad you are safe my friend. TAke care of yourself. And if possible, settle this out of court. Will save you the hassle of repeated court and police appearances. We'll pray to help you overcome this trauma. And all Team-BhPians from Bangy or otherwise, must boycott Bimal and spread the good word..
Old 21st April 2008, 20:21   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
You might have missed the point nick. I agree with you on most of what you said, but sunson needn't have been beaten up. Mob mentality on the roads is simply NOT acceptable. I didn't SOS a thousand bhp'ians to beat the hell out of the rickshaw guy who cut traffic and caused me to be part of a pile-up last week. There are ways to go about it in a civil manner. The dealership isn't being blamed for a knee-jerk reaction. They're being blamed for being outright jerks in their reaction. If they're not insuring the car, it's illegal and there's no two ways about it. Ditto for roughing up a customer who's already booked his car with them.
Sunson, tBhp will stand by you.
To you and all who think that i'm condoning the dealer's reaction is missing my point. The dealer guys who accompanied him happened to react in a manner not befitting their role. But, we must understand that these guys must have had a rude shock having been through that incident along with 'sunson'. They are individuals and not an organization. Don't blame the organization for that. I feel for the brutal way in which 'sunson' was manhandled, despite the trauma he too suffered.But, there is no smoke without a fire.That is why we should react in a more mature manner and give all the benefit of the doubt till the dust settles and i sincerely hope 'sunson' will share more of this story with us. This is an eye-opener for me!. I will never operate a business in India. Customers or prospects will bang up my property and expect to walk away. I'm supposed to just wave and say Thank you!.

Last edited by nickatnite : 21st April 2008 at 20:32.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks