Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2008, 11:47   #46
BHPian

congrats

Hi Sush

A bit late but congrats! I really like the looks of Logan, althogh rear is a letdown. One of my neighbous has a 1.4. The car is definately very very roomy. Have never sat in it but the seats look very comfortable.

Get a pair of decent alloys and tyres to really make it a looker.

enjoy

Elito
Old 5th May 2008, 11:52   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Modern cars dont need a run-in period.
I am having a hard time driving under 60
A mechanic at the Mahindra workshop also told me that modern cars don't require a run-in period.

Guys, is this really true?
Old 5th May 2008, 11:56   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sush View Post
I am having a hard time driving under 60
A mechanic at the Mahindra workshop also told me that modern cars don't require a run-in period.

Guys, is this really true?
Partly yes. However to ensure optimum life and efficiency of engine you NEED to have some kind of a run in. Like in my Getz manual it says ' although your Getz does not require a runin, it is advisable i do not cross 90 kmph before 2k and no harsh braking till first 300 kms'

Elito
Old 5th May 2008, 16:29   #49
BHPian

No Please do not compromise on that. The Owners Manual clearly states that Petrol versions need a run-in of 1000 kms and diesel ones 1500 kms. In petrol you can touch 3000 - 3500 rpm in run in and with diesel 2500 rpm. This partly conditions the engine and longivity increases.
Old 5th May 2008, 17:19   #50
BHPian

Seran, I will surely follow your advice.
Old 5th May 2008, 17:19   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
Hi Sush

A bit late but congrats! I really like the looks of Logan, althogh rear is a letdown. One of my neighbous has a 1.4. The car is definately very very roomy. Have never sat in it but the seats look very comfortable.

Get a pair of decent alloys and tyres to really make it a looker.

enjoy

Elito
What about the expanse of brittle, low-grade plastic that passes for a dash?.I doubt anything will make it look better.

Last edited by nickatnite : 5th May 2008 at 17:27.
Old 5th May 2008, 17:54   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Like in my Getz manual it says ' although your Getz does not require a runin, it is advisable i do not cross 90 kmph before 2k and no harsh braking till first 300 kms'

Elito
2000 km? Our 2000 model M-800's (carb version) manual says that run in period is for the first 1000 km, with speed less than 100 kph.

Why the difference?
Old 5th May 2008, 18:50   #53
SuperSyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
Diesel would not be a wise choice considering renault's reliability.
If anything, diesel should be the better choice since Renault make far more diesels than Petrol, and diesel engines are the backbone of their EU sales. Also, do you have any specific information regarding diesel engine unreliability in Logan, or was it a more generalized comment on Renault cars overall reliability?

Old 5th May 2008, 18:53   #54
SuperSyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
What about the expanse of brittle, low-grade plastic that passes for a dash?.I doubt anything will make it look better.
Custom interior job with leather might help a bit, but will be expensive and defeats the point of buying a Logan. Not many would pay the premium of a better and bespoke interior when resale time comes, too.

Old 9th May 2008, 09:19   #55
BHPian

It varies with manufacturer. Mahindra says 1000 for petrol (the dealer says 1500) and 1500 for diesel (the dealer says 2000)!. I took the longer of the two.

Mahindra also says that even after running-in, The best performance period starts after about 6500 KMS only and goes on there after.
Old 9th May 2008, 11:08   #56
BHPian

basically its not about the speed being under 80 during run in... its basically the rpm that you should ideally maintain and not go over 2500rpm. i would advise you not to rev hard till atleast 6000kms for optimum engine performance which in the long term improves fuel efficiency & life.
Old 9th May 2008, 11:19   #57
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
In petrol you can touch 3000 - 3500 rpm in run in and with diesel 2500 rpm. This partly conditions the engine and longivity increases.
It would be better to restrict rpms in the initial stage to 2,000 - 2,500. I wouldn't take my brand new engine to 3,500 rpms.
Old 4th June 2008, 01:38   #58
BHPian

hi sush,
congrats for your buy. i wonder 5.56 for 1.6 gls (top of the line - includes airbags is a real steal!!) website for koncept automobiles searched (3/6/2008) says OTR as 6.34L. did u buy during some schemes or you received some great discounts. are they still there?
thanks in advance
Old 4th June 2008, 07:37   #59
BHPian

Logan

Quote:
Partly yes. However to ensure optimum life and efficiency of engine you NEED to have some kind of a run in. Like in my Getz manual it says ' although your Getz does not require a runin, it is advisable i do not cross 90 kmph before 2k and no harsh braking till first 300 kms'

Elito
I can understand the initial run-in of do not cross n KMPH for the engine to set. But what is the rational behind the 'No harsh braking till first 300 kms' ?

In case of harsh braking isn't it just the brakepads that take the brunt of it, which can be replaced anyways and should not make a difference ?

Could some of the experts throw some light on this point?
Old 16th June 2008, 11:26   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkunaldas View Post
hi sush,
congrats for your buy. i wonder 5.56 for 1.6 gls (top of the line - includes airbags is a real steal!!) website for koncept automobiles searched (3/6/2008) says OTR as 6.34L. did u buy during some schemes or you received some great discounts. are they still there?
thanks in advance
The prices must have increased.

It's time for the 2nd update. I have crossed the 2000Km barrier and the first service is over. I got a feeling that the pickup of the car has increased. I have been using the regular petrol from IOC and sometimes HP.
In the city, the car is consistently giving a mileage of 11+. I took a highway trip on the GT road and my love for this car grew even stronger. I took it to 140 and never once did it feel unstable or unsafe.
I did fast driving and got a mileage of 12-13 on the highway. I have been told that the highway mileage will go up to 14-15 after the initial services and with a sedate driving style.

Overall I am quite pleased with the car's performance and really happy with my decision.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks