Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2008, 15:06   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AadiAtPlay View Post
I have a question for all MJD owners...
Is this normal? I am first time car owner and have never seen such a thing with other cars in my complex, of course i have the only fiat around.
Yes, this is normal. And you will feel really hot, getting down from the car after a relatively long drive or heavy traffic drive.

-BSR
Old 19th May 2008, 15:20   #62
Senior - BHPian

@shebin.... we are waiting for the pictures... still
Old 19th May 2008, 17:28   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Well..@Dieselfan, can you elaborate why you said the above..I dont follow..especially the "you should hit 4000 rpm once in a while bit.." Are we trying something we should not try or is there some novelty to it?
The process of revving up the engine till its max power rating is called Italian tune up. This is done once in a while to hone the engine for better performance. read the details in "Running in" thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
A smooth engine is built / managed / achieved by doing proper service as well as oil and filter changes at regular intervals..
Sure oil and filter changes are essential and obvious requirements which one would find in all the owner's manuals. what you don't get to hear is about Italian tune up. Which I believe is good for the engine for my personal experience. After 21K Kms my Diesel engine on Maruti swift is now very smooth and give an average FE of >20 KMPL.
Old 19th May 2008, 21:22   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
The process of revving up the engine till its max power rating is called Italian tune up. This is done once in a while to hone the engine for better performance. read the details in "Running in" thread.

Which I believe is good for the engine for my personal experience. After 21K Kms my Diesel engine on Maruti swift is now very smooth and give an average FE of >20 KMPL.
@ Dieselfan: Thanks for the enlightenment w.r.t the Italian tune up. But in this day and age one does not need to hone the engine bore for better performance, smoothness etc. There are better manufacturing practises.

On the other hand, One used to do such with older cars that needed a proper run-in.

Secondly Have you had a swift DDIS with 21K kms on the odo with which you have NOT done the Italian tune up? Honestly, thats when you can compare!

We are all aware that the swift DDIS has a state of the art diesel engine that begs to be revved till 5500 rpm. Its totally unlike diesel etc etc,

The smoothness of the engine is attributed to its basic design, injection parameters and methodology as well as the engine mouting areas and methods.
Old 20th May 2008, 10:19   #65
BANNED

A little digression here- I have stil not got delivery of my MJD booked form concorde. I booked it on 6th of april and he said wait time is 3-4 weeks which is long gone. I booked the black colour and the dealer is still dillydallying on the delivery date. Have any of you faced this delay, because I am really fed up with this wait. BTW do any of you know the contact details of the concerned people at FIAT? I logged a complaint on the fiat site but the guy from concorde replies . How do we get through to fiat??

Last edited by zaks : 20th May 2008 at 10:20.
Old 20th May 2008, 11:48   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
A little digression here- I have stil not got delivery of my MJD booked form concorde. I booked it on 6th of april and he said wait time is 3-4 weeks which is long gone. I booked the black colour and the dealer is still dillydallying on the delivery date. Have any of you faced this delay, because I am really fed up with this wait. BTW do any of you know the contact details of the concerned people at FIAT? I logged a complaint on the fiat site but the guy from concorde replies . How do we get through to fiat??
Hi Zaks, I bought mine from concorde too I booked on 23 May but could not get finance in place for the first set of deliveries around mid April finally took delivery on 13 May (i am not superstitious) i am sure i have seen atleast two blacks delivered. Try to lean on Concorde bug them, usually talking to Mr Krishnaprashant helps.

From what i understand Concorde orders their vehicles in batches. If you assure them minimum waiting period of the vehicle in their stock yard they usually are nicer to you.

for a direct contact with Fiat look at this thread, problem similar to yours
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...na-motors.html
Old 20th May 2008, 11:59   #67
Senior - BHPian

Zaks, try mailing: jaldeep.virani@tatamotors.com, he is incharge of Fiat Sales.
Old 20th May 2008, 13:57   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a question for all MJD owners...

Have you noticed that the radiator fan is really very powerful?

My parking lot is usually covered with fine dust, in first and idle gears it all kick up from under the front of the car and covers the whole car in dust.
It is so bad that i even noticed the Guard at my complex who was guiding me choke with the dust the car raised.

Is this normal? I am first time car owner and have never seen such a thing with other cars in my complex, of course i have the only fiat around.
Man, everyone in my area hold their noses and cover their eyes when I drive up. The engine bay is always covered with dust. I wonder what its doing to my filters and engine!!!!
Old 21st May 2008, 18:20   #69
BANNED

Quote:
Hi Zaks, I bought mine from concorde too I booked on 23 May but could not get finance in place for the first set of deliveries around mid April finally took delivery on 13 May (i am not superstitious) i am sure i have seen atleast two blacks delivered. Try to lean on Concorde bug them, usually talking to Mr Krishnaprashant helps.
Well, Krishnaprashanth was the one who replied to my complaint on Fiat site. He is giving some strange story that Fiat is moving their painting division from mumbai to pune which is not fully ready and hence the delay. Anyway he gave me the number of a person by name Jadav who is supposedly the head of some sales/marketing for TATA-FIAT joint venture for the southern region. I called him up and when asked about the delay he said there are some problems in the production schedules due to some blah.. blah. He said it could take up to a week but when I asked him to give some definite dates he said he didn't know what is the status and said would get back to me the tomorrow with the details. But he has failed to call me so far and I wonder what the ****. Even Krishnaprashant was playing hard to get earlier. Is Fiats management so totally screwed up that senior people such as Jadav have no clue on what's happening in their assembly line? And to add to that they don't even have the courtesy to call back. My patience is hanging by one thread now. I don't know if writing to jaldeep Virani will help when it couldn't be helped by a much senior executive like Jadav?
Old 21st May 2008, 18:57   #70
BANNED

Shebin, why did you choose HR alloys over Palio 14" alloys available for stile?
Old 21st May 2008, 19:00   #71
Senior - BHPian

Zaks, I suggest you to shoot a mail to Jaldeep Virani at the earliest, he is the Fiat Sales Head, he should give you the exact picture of the delivery period etc.
Old 21st May 2008, 19:46   #72
BHPian

Hi all,

Well frds, Even I have the same Prob , Took the Test Drive of Palio MJD SDX from Concorde On April 26,Wel Few words about the RIDE, Its FUN to HV a Palio MJD SDX
I and my frds Went for a Test Drive on NICE ROAD in Blore ,it was Fun we must have crossed above 120 but as the Speed meter was disable Cant be sure , The Ride was SoOo Fun that 4 ppl where happy to play with Beast !! Then I Booked the Car on Sunday 27th , and was told that that he car is in Back order ll b there in 15 days
after booking went with loan part which was again Good kind of i was offered
11.5% (tata finance), Now the pain is getting more as it is abt to be 4 weeks
I was Told by Concorde ppl that they are not SURE
of the Car Yet as to wen it ll come to Blore , 1st I was told by 29th of this month
But Told I was told the Car ll take more time 14-15 days more as the car is not even in transit ........... God Help Me nOw ,coz I jz feel like to Drop my idea of Buying the Car.

My patience is hanging by one thread now Same as Zaks !!!

Note from Mod : Please take the time to type out your posts in full words as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid the use of SMS language (b = be, hv = have, etc), and please take the time to re-read your post for typos before submitting.

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st May 2008 at 20:32. Reason: Font tags removed. Please see note in post as well.
jazzy_2cool is offline   Received Infraction
Old 21st May 2008, 20:20   #73
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Zaks, try mailing: jaldeep.virani@tatamotors.com, he is incharge of Fiat Sales.
Thanks finneyp, I just finished mailing him. Let's see what happens.
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:37   #74
BHPian

Zaks,sorry to know that they are making you wait.I can understand the frustration as i went through the same.But MJD SDX is having a waiting period due to demand,especially for red colour.Thats a fact and we have to accept it.But if the dealer is playing with you then its onether story.You need to pull him up.I waited for almost 40 days after paying full cash.So hang on a bit and see whether they can get it done in few days.Concorde was fair enough to me and only exceeded 10 days from the promised date.

I tried for fiat alloys at concorde but the sales person said its not readily available.Second reason is that its very costly and exceeds my budget,around 30k.My current set up is HR 14 with YOKO avs 100.The alloys are good enough and i feel its worth for the price.Ride comfort has come down a bit,may be due to the sporty nature of the tyres.But handling has come out really good..
Old 23rd May 2008, 10:18   #75
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Thanks finneyp, I just finished mailing him. Let's see what happens.
And.. no replies nor calls so far from anyone

Most Viewed