Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2008, 19:59   #91
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy_2cool View Post
Hi Zak,
“The Price of the car is going to be increased up by 15-20k after seeing the action taken by Maurit on swift Ldi and others “.I am saying what has been told to me, we both can be lucky if this gets implemented after 2nd week of June.
I don't understand why we have to pay the increased price as my booking was done more than a month ago and at those prices. No, I don't think so. It will most probably be for new bookings if at all.
Old 28th May 2008, 22:24   #92
Senior - BHPian

Zaks, I hope you pay the price prevalent at the time of your booking!

But, all Automobile dealers do add-in a clause saying that 'price at the time of delivery will be applicable'. So, don't be surprised if Concorde Motors ask for the revised price.
Old 29th May 2008, 08:29   #93
BHPian

Doubts on Rear Window

My rear window glass when opened to its full comes down 75%, remaining 25% is still not going down. When checked with the dealer, he was telling, its a feature of fiat cars. Windows of Maruti 800 used to open completely.

Any idea why is it made that way ?

I remember the windows of Premier Padmini used to be the same way.
Old 29th May 2008, 09:13   #94
Senior - BHPian

its a safety feature. So that kids at back do not put their head out. I think its there on every car nowadays.
Old 29th May 2008, 10:35   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prasidhi View Post
My rear window glass when opened to its full comes down 75%, remaining 25% is still not going down. When checked with the dealer, he was telling, its a feature of fiat cars. Windows of Maruti 800 used to open completely.

Any idea why is it made that way ?

I remember the windows of Premier Padmini used to be the same way.
lack of space. its done that way to avoid having a rear quarter glass
Old 29th May 2008, 16:27   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy_2cool View Post
“The Price of the car is going to be increased up by 15-20k after seeing the action taken by Maurit on swift Ldi and others “.I am saying what has been told to me, we both can be lucky if this gets implemented after 2nd week of June.
I just checked with Prerana Motors, Bangalore. The price increase will be only 4-5k (for Indica and Palio) depending on the ex-showroom price of the model. And they told me that it will be from tomorrow or day-after, not from June 2nd week.

OT: The 20K increase is for Safari LX and VX will be priced ~24k more.
Old 30th May 2008, 20:11   #97
BHPian

Mods note: Post deleted. Please remove font/colour tags before posting.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 30th May 2008 at 20:16.
Old 30th May 2008, 20:38   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
lack of space. its done that way to avoid having a rear quarter glass
hmm.. i could not get your point. I thought it is a safety feature as explained by gemithomas
Old 31st May 2008, 01:27   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwal View Post
hmm.. i could not get your point. I thought it is a safety feature as explained by gemithomas
I don't think its a safety feature. Its very simple. All rear doors have a portion that curves forward at the bottom to make way for the rear wheels. The rear window glass has to slide down vertically into the space between the door and the inner panel. Sometimes there's not enough space for the whole window to go down because of the rear wheel creating a "cut" into the door. So some car window don't go down all the way.

To prove my point, earlier Ambassadors had a rear quarter glass and the window rolled down fully. In the Padminis without quarter glass, it didn't. Ditto for the Swift (quarter glass-window rolls down fully) and Palio (no quarter glass, half open window).

If you carefully extend or project an imaginary line of the Quarter Glass downwards, it will clear the rear wheels arch and leave a space exactly enough for the window to fit in fully (keeping clearances for locks, sheet metal etc.)
Old 31st May 2008, 04:33   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwal View Post
as architect said the glass can only roll down a certain amount before it will hit the rear wheel well/arch. other companies get around it by splitting the glass and adding a rear quarter glass so that the rear window rolls down completely. in the palio fiat have avoided the quarter glass and gone for a single rear window glass piece but you dont get to roll it down completely. i find it aesthetically more pleasing compared to having a rear quarter glass but thats a personal opinion
Old 31st May 2008, 07:40   #101
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prasidhi View Post
Its a feature of fiat cars.
Thats what ,most dealers say. Maruti dealers claim its a feature in modern Suzuki's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
its a safety feature.
Thats what companies say. They usually use the 'safety' word when people say its a design flaw causing discomfort (as in travelling with ac off)

Bottle and architect have explained nicely. The door has to give way for the wheel arch leaving no space towards the floor! To further substantiate what they have said-
Proud owner of a Red hot furnace Red Palio MJD-maruti800-copy.jpgProud owner of a Red hot furnace Red Palio MJD-6_3_2008_6_51_6924_phpthumb_generated_thumbnailjphjg-copy.jpg
Old 2nd June 2008, 13:50   #102
BANNED

I called up the dealer to find out the status and to my surprise he says that the car is in Bangalore and will be sent for registration tomorrow. What! I think and ask him to be sure and he confirms it. I tell him that I have to check it before registration and he is a little annoyed and says what is the requirement for checking pre-registration but I insisted anyway. So I will most probably go tomorrow for checking the same. I have read here of the pre-delivery check list but this I think is when I take the actual delivery. Is there a pre-registration checklist too? I ask because I read here somewhere that it is good to check the vehicle before registration is done.
Old 2nd June 2008, 14:13   #103
Senior - BHPian

Zaks, Congrats! Your patience had paid-off finally!
There is no need to check the car pre-registration, you can check the car thoroughly before taking the delivery, and if anything is amiss, you can decline to take the Car.
Old 2nd June 2008, 14:33   #104
BHPian

@zaks..

Congrats.. BTW, is there any change in the price?
Old 2nd June 2008, 15:54   #105
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Zaks, Congrats! Your patience had paid-off finally!
There is no need to check the car pre-registration, you can check the car thoroughly before taking the delivery, and if anything is amiss, you can decline to take the Car.
Are you sure because I read somewhere here that we need to check pre-registration for some transit related issues. In that case it will save more one more day since he can send it tomorrow for regn.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks