Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2008, 15:57   #106
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRider View Post
@zaks..

Congrats.. BTW, is there any change in the price?
I hastened the billing by giving him the DD in time so I don't think so...
Old 2nd June 2008, 16:17   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Are you sure because I read somewhere here that we need to check pre-registration for some transit related issues. In that case it will save more one more day since he can send it tomorrow for regn.
Zaks, I didn't do pre-registration check on my car, nor I have heard any BHPian doing it either, I don't think it is required, however if you are really concerned, goto the dealership & have a look at your Car, note down the Engine No & Chasis No etc, to ensure you get the same car.
Old 2nd June 2008, 16:43   #108
BANNED

OK will just let it pass and do the check with the t-BHP list while taking delivery
Old 2nd June 2008, 16:45   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats!! Zaks,

Awaiting pics once you take the delivery.
Old 2nd June 2008, 16:58   #110
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats!! Zaks,

Awaiting pics once you take the delivery.
You bet! It's been a two month wait.
Old 2nd June 2008, 18:32   #111
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
There is no need to check the car pre-registration
Quote:
Zaks, I didn't do pre-registration check on my car, nor I have heard any BHPian doing it either
I disagree. You may not have done it, but many team-bhp'ians do, and it is specifically mentioned in the team-bhp article on buying a car.

Zaks, this is from the thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html
"Before Registration:

We recommend visiting the dealerships stockyard and checking your car prior to registration. Once it is registered in your name, there is little you can do. Check the car manufacturing month/year, especially when buying in the first quarter of any year. Fiat India was notorious for selling cars that have been manufactured up to 18 months earlier. Ascertain that the year of manufacturer is current. Also check for any repair jobs / body damage; damage to some cars is inevitable in transit and most repair work is glaringly obvious."
Old 2nd June 2008, 19:48   #112
BHPian

Hi Zak,
congrats but the Latest update by concorde motors is that only 40 car will be coming to bangalore.Out of 27 will be sent to concoard.Good News is that the cars will be Ready to be handed over by 7th june only after registration .What you said was a Shock tactics because I was there today at concorde motors around 4 pm and I had not seen any new car (SDX) sorry to say but.....If not or they fail there words ,I will not be going ahead with the car.

Thanks
Farhan
Old 2nd June 2008, 23:14   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Thats what ,most dealers say. Maruti dealers claim its a feature in modern Suzuki's.

Thats what companies say. They usually use the 'safety' word when people say its a design flaw causing discomfort (as in travelling with ac off)

Bottle and architect have explained nicely. The door has to give way for the wheel arch leaving no space towards the floor! To further substantiate what they have said-
Attachment 18048Attachment 18049
Thanks for that explanation with pics !
I never got a clue why it is so but Now I know

Jatinder Singh
Old 3rd June 2008, 07:54   #114
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
"Before Registration:
We recommend visiting the dealerships stockyard and checking your car prior to registration. Once it is registered in your name, there is little you can do. Check the car manufacturing month/year, especially when buying in the first quarter of any year. Fiat India was notorious for selling cars that have been manufactured up to 18 months earlier. Ascertain that the year of manufacturer is current. Also check for any repair jobs / body damage; damage to some cars is inevitable in transit and most repair work is glaringly obvious."
Where should I look for the Chasis, engine number? Body damage-can you please tell me what all I should specifically check other than the exteriors?
Old 3rd June 2008, 11:18   #115
BHPian

Zaks,

Congratulations. awaiting to hear your experience on buying the beast in a new thread with photos
Old 3rd June 2008, 19:06   #116
BHPian

Resale of Swift will be better as it has been around for some time as a premium petrol hatchback without any strong competition, later with the Fiat diesel engine it killed indica in the personal car space.Palio petrol 1.1 is grossly underpowered and Palio Sport 1.6 has high power but poor mileage figures that too with pathetic Fiat service from TVS before there was no chance of a good resale value for sure.Everything has changed now with the Palio back in competition with vengeance and a new lease of power with the revolutionary 1.3 Multijet Diesel engine with high power and mileage, all of this backed by the Tata Service network which empowers to indicab and Sumo’s on Indian roads.Swift is beaten badly on space by Palio especially rear seat and boot space, the build quality of a palio is any day superior as you feel very safe inside like a SUV.

Palio lacks the great modern interiors as compared to Swift however for anyone who is a seasoned driver a good engine, great handling and high mileage makes more sense than awesome interiors to show your friends, family and neighbours.

Palio Multijet is the best Hatchback on Indian roads with the awesome power, rock solid road grip and awesome mileage that too at petrol small car prices

Tata Motor dealers and service centers have assured that they got personnel trained officially on the Multijet engine by Fiat India to handle the new technology engines so no need to worry about service now however you may meet your office Sumo or indicab driver there as well if that hurts your status and ego

Go for Multijet

Last edited by Technocrat : 3rd June 2008 at 19:11. Reason: Removed Formatting tags
Old 3rd June 2008, 19:19   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Zaks, I didn't do pre-registration check on my car, nor I have heard any BHPian doing it either, I don't think it is required, however if you are really concerned, goto the dealership & have a look at your Car, note down the Engine No & Chasis No etc, to ensure you get the same car.
well well, i had done a "pre-registration" check on my car actually !
Old 3rd June 2008, 22:55   #118
BHPian

Hi Zak,

Where is your car ???
Old 4th June 2008, 12:54   #119
BHPian

Palio 1.3 SDX price has been increased to 8,500 k extra on ex show room .
Happy days are over for me n u zak.
Old 4th June 2008, 14:38   #120
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy_2cool View Post
Hi Zak,

Where is your car ???
Hmm.. Don't know what to say. That guy from Concorde whom I had spoken to earlier said that it would not be possible to do it yesterday(his promised date) and would send the car for registration today and also that I can come and have a look if I wanted. I called up today and guess what, he has gone on leave for 3 days . So that means he has taken me for a ride. He didn't even inform me that he would be on leave when I called him yesterday. Now I think I had enough and have half a mind to just go and cancel the booking.
These junk heads are totally unprofessional in their ways.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks