Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2008, 00:15   #46
Senior - BHPian

@Proxima, Thank you! And you got that right: The Swift and well, my Fiancee who is visiting this weekend have both kept me off the forum for a bit of time. As aravindwarrrier said, the PCDs are different, so direct transfer was not possible. And anyway, I wanted 16" Alloys, and not 15"

@WhackyZak & Tyredealer, ahem!

@sushanthr77, I agree! If the Swift had been built like the Palio, with everything-else left Swiftish, it would be the automotive holy grail at this price point and probably the next too!
I have quite a few panel alignment issues in the dash and in the A-pillar/dash area. Not thaaaaat bad, but still enough to make me feel bad.
ICE and Interiors will be soon like the old Palio, Vitamin-M, god and future wife permitting. I see no issues with the last two, so the first will decide the speed of updates.

@Technocrat, thank you! The ZXi has only a fuel-filler-door release near the driver's seat. The Boot has an electronic lock that unlocks with the doors (central locking). The central locking button acts as the boot-release (though the boot door remains closed, and has to be opened by pressing the button in the hatch-door-handle).

@aravindwarrier, my Dad used to have the same theories about taxis and own-car. In fact, considering the mileage I was getting with the Palio, I was tending to agree with him, and that is what really initiated the thought about the change. PMing you now.

@carfreak, long time! Thank you!

@ferro, thank you!

@Zakko, next round of mods will start only in 3 months. My wallet needs some rest!

@sideways, thank you! ICE updates in 3 months! I can't wait for the ICE either!!! The stock system is driving me up the wall. Grrr...

@BijuP, I'd missed your Q about the Alloys and Tyres earlier. I've posted details in the Alloy Wheel Showoff thread (Tyres & Alloys Section).
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...wheels-34.html
(Post #510, page 34)
Old 28th April 2008, 00:37   #47
Senior - BHPian

Very detailed & well written. Congrats Anup for both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Good thing you went thru the swift shift before your wedding. Otherwise, you know it would've been considered as dowry. Kudos!
This is the advance instalment, the final settlement comes later.
Old 28th April 2008, 01:27   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
ICE and Interiors will be soon like the old Palio, Vitamin-M, god and future wife permitting. I see no issues with the last two, so the first will decide the speed of updates.
Ashok - It's spelt as God, thank you!

Quote:
@WhackyZak & Tyredealer, ahem!
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Heeeeeheeehheeeee......
Old 28th April 2008, 08:40   #49
BHPian

Quote:

@aravindwarrier, my Dad used to have the same theories about taxis and own-car. In fact, considering the mileage I was getting with the Palio, I was tending to agree with him, and that is what really initiated the thought about the change. PMing you now.
I'm waiting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
You mean, the down payment?
Old 28th April 2008, 09:18   #50
Senior - BHPian

@Ishan, I stand corrected!

@ e_l, thank you! I do cringe at the various grammar mistakes and typos when I read through the main posts again now (I typed it straight and did not take enough time to read it properly again). And ahem!

@aravindwarrier, PM sent. Make sure you're sitting down when you read it
Old 28th April 2008, 09:57   #51
BHPian

I have a question, may be off topic, the swift comes with 15" OEM alloys and you changed to 16". Won't there be a speedo error? How to correct it?
Old 28th April 2008, 10:27   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
I have a question, may be off topic, the swift comes with 15" OEM alloys and you changed to 16". Won't there be a speedo error? How to correct it?
Sumit.

Swift comes with 14" OEM alloys not 15".

If the upsized tyre has the same OD as the stock wheel then there won't be any speedo error. (+/-)1-2% variation is acceptable.
Old 28th April 2008, 11:24   #53
Team-BHP Support

Anup, congrats on the new car! It looks really good in white, and with those alloys.
Old 28th April 2008, 11:44   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Sumit.

Swift comes with 14" OEM alloys not 15".

If the upsized tyre has the same OD as the stock wheel then there won't be any speedo error. (+/-)1-2% variation is acceptable.
KP, what is OD? Excuse my ignorance!
Old 28th April 2008, 12:50   #55
Senior - BHPian

Nice car & a very sensible choice, Anup. Congrats.

And am glad you got the version with ABS, airbags etc.
Old 28th April 2008, 13:22   #56
BHPian

NIce car
Congrats Hydra.
Old 28th April 2008, 13:45   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
KP, what is OD? Excuse my ignorance!
Sumit OD refers to the Overall diameter of a tyre. For more details, go through this link:

Car Bibles : The Wheel and Tyre Bible Page 2 of 2

Circumference & OD are the same thing.
Old 28th April 2008, 13:59   #58
BHPian

Thanks IRags. So basically a rim size upgrade will mean the tyres will be low profile. Does this in anyway effect the ride quality if the roads taken are full of pebbles and potholes. I am a rough driver and don't bother to slow down for rocks, potholes, the works while at the same time ensure that the car, the occupants and myself are safe.
Old 28th April 2008, 14:08   #59
Senior - BHPian

Yes, it does effect but depends on what your stock size is & what you're upgrading to.

for eg. Upgrading from 165/80 R14 to 195/60 R15 on a Swift is a good choice because the sidewall still remains good enough to tackle our roads & provide good ride comfort. But upgrading to 215/40 R17 is a bad choice since not only does the ride comfort go for a toss but you also multiply your chances of damaging your tyres prematurely multiply greatly.
Old 28th April 2008, 14:11   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Yes, it does effect but depends on what your stock size is & what you're upgrading to.

for eg. Upgrading from 165/80 R14 to 195/60 R15 on a Swift is a good choice because the sidewall still remains good enough to tackle our roads & provide good ride comfort. But upgrading to 215/40 R17 is a bad choice since not only does the ride comfort go for a toss but you also multiply your chances of damaging your tyres prematurely multiply greatly.
Thanks, I will keep these in mind when things move on my side.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks