Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2008, 11:18   #1
BHPian

My Diesel Dzire ZDi just landed.

Hello Folks,
I booked my Dzire ZDi on 22nd march through on of the dealer in the city.
Yesterday 26th April 2007 I got a call from the dealer about its arrival. At 3 pm I and my father reached dealer and the executive took me to the yard and had our first glimpse.
I kept a printout from team-bhp for the pdi, however could not find any issues (may be because of little rain) with the car. The executive was laughing at the way I was inspecting the car in rain.

While booking, the dealer executives was quiet friendly and they introduced me to the ICICI Bank executive for the loan too. For the executive he says the incentive was only Rs 250 for Dzire (where as a Maruti 800 fetch cool Rs 1400) if customer opted no accessories. He was breaking his head as there was no valid reason for me to choose any accessory for the ZDi from them.

For Rs 6,00,000 loan amount ICICI wanted Rs 3450 as processing fee and Rs 3300 as emi per lakh for 36 months with advance emi. (means a 35 month loan?). They could do the processing work fast as well.

Meanwhile i approached axis bank and they offered the same for Rs 2250 processing fee and emi of Rs 3244.

My negotiation skills were useless with Axis bank. But with ICICI, i could bring down their processing fee to Rs 1950 and EMI to Rs 2371 though they were yelling about the interest rate hike. LOL.

I am hoping to get the car on Tuesday evening as dealer wanted 2 days to clear my cheque and for the registration. The Odometer reads 9.2 Km now but the stock JK tyres looks like they have seen 100 km of road.

I afraid I am the first here to present the ZDi as i could not find any other thread to do justice to the Diesel ZDi. I love to update this thread regularly.

Mods: please move /merge with appropriate thread if required.
Attached Thumbnails
My Diesel Dzire ZDi just landed.-zdi-side-view.jpg  

My Diesel Dzire ZDi just landed.-zdi-rear-view.jpg  

Old 27th April 2008, 11:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Kochicar.

Wow from 3300 to 2371 you sure have some hard bargaining skills, bravo

Its nice that you didn't bother about the laughing executive after all it was your money & not his which went into buying the car.

We would be waiting for your initial driving impressions
Old 27th April 2008, 12:02   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations. Nice looking car man. That was some negotiations you have done buddy. Even I too think you are the first owner for Dzire ZDi. You got the vehicle pretty soon. I was reading in the other thread that the waiting period is 6 months to 1 year for this in Bangalore. First thing you need to do is, change the stock tyres & alloys to much higher one. It looks pretty dull in this car.

Last edited by snaronikar : 27th April 2008 at 12:04.
Old 27th April 2008, 12:07   #4
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the car. How come the car already has the door guard on the front door. Also I notice that one suzuki centre cap for the front right alloy is missing. Pls make sure all are there when taking delivery.
Old 27th April 2008, 12:08   #5
BHPian

Once you get the delivery of the car please post the front view of the car. Also add up your driving experience. We are eagerly waiting for that.
Old 27th April 2008, 12:24   #6
BANNED

Congratulations!

Once upon a time, a KOCHICARan bought a car from Kochi. He went and saw the car which was parked in the yard at Kochi. After clicking some photos and spending some time there, he started shopping for loans at different banks in Kochi. Eventhough the banks were in Kochi, there rates were touching Srinagar. Being a true KochiCARan, he resorted to his usual negotiation skills. Sooner than later, rates came down to Kochi levels and KochiCARan was truely and utterly happy.
He now jumps with joy and comes to the motoring home of many KochiCARans and many souls around the world, ie. TEAM-BHP and pours out his happiness thru his keyboard in a wonderful thread with the nice photos he shot of his car.
Tuesday, this story will continue ahead..
Until then, all the best KochiCARaa!
Old 27th April 2008, 12:35   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations!!

The car looks great. You have got great negotiation skills.
Old 27th April 2008, 12:43   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Congrats on the car. How come the car already has the door guard on the front door.
Vid I have seen such rubber pieces(yes its not a door guard but a piece of rubber) on brand new cars recently when I went to pick a Friends brand new Swift & cousins Spark.
Old 27th April 2008, 12:57   #9
BHPian

correction

Folks,
Iam really sorry with the emi from ICICI. It was Rs 3271. It was a typo
MODs: If possible please edit otherwise our friends think they all are cheated.

vid6639,
Thanks for pointing out about alloy caps. In fact two of them were packed separately and is kept in the dash along with cigarette lighter and remote control of music system.(I thought i got 2 additional for free!!)
pingping,
The front view for you. However space was limited for me to take the best picture.

Thanks for all the quick replys and the quick wit story by speedzak.
Attached Thumbnails
My Diesel Dzire ZDi just landed.-dzire-front.jpg  

Old 27th April 2008, 13:10   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Congratulations!

Once upon a time, a KOCHICARan bought a car from Kochi. He went and saw the car which was parked in the yard at Kochi. After clicking some photos and spending some time there, he started shopping for loans at different banks in Kochi. Eventhough the banks were in Kochi, there rates were touching Srinagar. Being a true KochiCARan, he resorted to his usual negotiation skills. Sooner than later, rates came down to Kochi levels and KochiCARan was truely and utterly happy.
He now jumps with joy and comes to the motoring home of many KochiCARans and many souls around the world, ie. TEAM-BHP and pours out his happiness thru his keyboard in a wonderful thread with the nice photos he shot of his car.
Tuesday, this story will continue ahead..
Until then, all the best KochiCARaa!
Zak, that was awesome.

KochiCARaa... congratulations on your new ride. Do post pictures of the car from different angles once you take delivery. And like Vid pointed out (Vid, you have a really good eye), do ensure that everything is in place before you take delivery.
Old 27th April 2008, 14:47   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Some interior pics please.
Old 27th April 2008, 15:04   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Some interior pics please.
As it was raining yesterday i could not click pictures for the seats.
Attached Thumbnails
My Diesel Dzire ZDi just landed.-inside1.jpg  

My Diesel Dzire ZDi just landed.-inside2.jpg  

My Diesel Dzire ZDi just landed.-inside3.jpg  

Old 27th April 2008, 15:51   #13
BHPian

this is one thread i am going to keep my eye on... planning to buy a dzire sometime in may or june...

congrats kochicar.... keep us posted on the delivery experience and continue after that on the ownership experience (FE is one thing everybody is going to be keen on)
Old 27th April 2008, 16:24   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm at 3244, you should have opted for Axis Bank. Anyways good choice of the color, and do keep posted
Old 27th April 2008, 17:54   #15
BHPian

congrats kochikaraanice color

Most Viewed