Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2008, 10:33   #1
Senior - BHPian

TD of Indigo Dicor XL Classic

Took a TD of Indigo XL Classic after lots of efforts to find one. And I am really really impressed with the power it delivers. Superb pickup and its very near to the pickup of Swift Dezire VDI which I test drove two weeks back.

due to VGT you do not have to wait for 2000 rpm to get the trubo kick in. You can feel the rush after 1400 rpm. Outside engine noise is bit high but noise inside cabin is nill.

Car is very stable even after 100km/hr and is capable of doing 140 km/hr without any strain on engine. Ground clearance is not very good and it will have the same fate as of Honda City on speed breakers.

Brakes are ok not very strong, as compared to SX4(because of ABS). Space is ample/huge. rear seat legroom is best and largest in any car in India.

There are some good features like, twin AC, for front and rear(not found in any sedan of this level or 2 steps above), Seat height adjustment for both driver and passenger seat. Electronic control for side rear view mirrors, other than standard features. Does not come with Music System and alloy wheels, which is available in XL Grand

It is costing 620000 ex show room Gurgaon and 650000 on road. whooping 55000 Rs Discount. 20000 Dealer discount, 10000 Loyalty Bonus and 20000 Loan discount and 5000 corporate discount.

Biggest drawback is 5.5 mtr turning radius, low ground clearance and cheap plastic interior. Also they should have at least added ABS on the higher model

MODS. Please change spelling of Dicor in title.

Last edited by rkbharat : 1st May 2008 at 10:35.
Old 1st May 2008, 11:54   #2
BHPian

Yes Indigo DICOR is impressive. One has to wait and see its reliability in long run. Generally Tata Engines give irritating trubles after 50 - 60K. I do have an Indica DLE.
Old 1st May 2008, 12:22   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Yes Indigo DICOR is impressive. One has to wait and see its reliability in long run. Generally Tata Engines give irritating trubles after 50 - 60K. I do have an Indica DLE.
Have owned 4 Indica's and 1 indigo's in the family. None of them have every given any engine troubles.
Mileage in kms
100000, 80000, 80000,70000,110000

My friends indica(150000) has just now started giving minor engine troubles and the gaskets may need to be changed.
Old 1st May 2008, 12:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

I agree with tsk1979 as I also own Indica currently at 97500KM and absolutely no engine issue.

Its just that I have lost the fun part in driving it.

Hey Tanveer, any feedback on the Dicor engine and practicality of Indigo. on the cost and feature front XL looks very interesting. I was very happy with the drive as well. Just press the accelerator and I was scared with the pickup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Have owned 4 Indica's and 1 indigo's in the family. None of them have every given any engine troubles.
Mileage in kms
100000, 80000, 80000,70000,110000

My friends indica(150000) has just now started giving minor engine troubles and the gaskets may need to be changed.
Old 1st May 2008, 12:47   #5
BHPian

You forgot to mention the USP of the Indigo XL : Rear seat space!! As much room as an S Class....even a 6 footer can stretch his legs. I have been pleasantly surprised in seeing a couple of chauffeur-driven privately owned XL's around town.
Old 1st May 2008, 12:55   #6
Senior - BHPian

Agree with GTO, but are you driving or driven? And you have logged many a km around the country - is this fun to drive - that's what you seem to be wanting in your next car, or not?
Old 1st May 2008, 13:03   #7
Senior - BHPian

True, infact the front seat space is also very good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
You forgot to mention the USP of the Indigo XL : Rear seat space!!
Phamilyman, I will be driving, but whats your point. Do you feel this car is not fun driving?
Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Agree with GTO, but are you driving or driven? And you have logged many a km around the country - is this fun to drive - that's what you seem to be wanting in your next car, or not?
Old 1st May 2008, 13:14   #8
Team-BHP Support

If you are driving yourself the XL is a sheer waste of money.
I took a test drive, and as compared to the normal indigo this one is a bit of a handful.

As for DICOR engine, I don't foresee any engine problems, but you can never be sure of the electricals.

The normal indigo DICOR will be better value for you if self driven.
The rear legroom in the normal indigo beats all the sedans in this class, and it has one of the best rear benches.
Old 1st May 2008, 13:25   #9
Senior - BHPian

tsk1979,
Normal Indigo Dicor LX is 594000 and XL Classic is 620000, thats is difference of just 26000 Rs and you get many good features like twin AC, electrical side mirrors and rear space.

Is it still waste of 26000 Rs.

Also Discount of 55000 Rs.

Now what do you say ?

Quote:
If you are driving yourself the XL is a sheer waste of money.
I took a test drive, and as compared to the normal indigo this one is a bit of a handful.

As for DICOR engine, I don't foresee any engine problems, but you can never be sure of the electricals.

The normal indigo DICOR will be better value for you if self driven.
The rear legroom in the normal indigo beats all the sedans in this class, and it has one of the best rear benches.
Old 1st May 2008, 13:31   #10
Senior - BHPian

This car is best for rear seat comfort. I would rather prefer it to be a chauffer driven than actually driving the car. I did the TD around 10 months back before finalizing on the car. It appeared good but not peppier than swift DDiS. Swift is far better than this. This is my opinion.
Old 1st May 2008, 13:34   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
tsk1979,
Normal Indigo Dicor LX is 594000 and XL Classic is 620000, thats is difference of just 26000 Rs and you get many good features like twin AC, electrical side mirrors and rear space.

Is it still waste of 26000 Rs.

Also Discount of 55000 Rs.

Now what do you say ?
1. The Normal DICOR LX will also have discounts
2. If you are not going to be on the back seat those features are useless.

Moreover the XL is heavier and does not handle as well, and is more difficult to park too.
Old 1st May 2008, 14:15   #12
Senior - BHPian

The Indigo CS with a Dicor heart is coming soon too. Got this news from an insider.
Old 1st May 2008, 14:20   #13
Senior - BHPian

Thats is right, DDiSi more refined than DICOR. But I feel Swift and even Dezier have very congested inner space. It gives a big car impression from exteriors but when you sit inside its just opposite.

So its good for those don't need space but need fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
It appeared good but not peppier than swift DDiS. Swift is far better than this. This is my opinion.
Yes that will be a problem, specially the turning radius, which 5.5 mtrs for XL, but I did not felt any handling issue due to its weight and no change in pickup
Quote:
Moreover the XL is heavier and does not handle as well, and is more difficult to park too.
Yes, they have started taking the booking as well, but they are only launching LS, which does not have power windows. Its just a bare bone model with AC and Power Steering. Also the interior for Diesel model in blackish greyish which may be to the liking of few
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
The Indigo CS with a Dicor heart is coming soon too. Got this news from an insider.

Last edited by rkbharat : 1st May 2008 at 14:30.
Old 1st May 2008, 15:10   #14
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
The price is already displayed on the website for more than a week now.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post809209
Old 1st May 2008, 17:49   #15
BHPian

Okay then i must have seen the XL Grand with alloys and music system. I liked the car, especially the rear sitting arrangement., with my height at 5'5'' i can really sleep while been seated...Hehe!! The car really feels classy, but as others have said it really needs to be chauffer driven for us to enjoy the ride.

@rkbharat
I suggest you to wait a little more and check out the new Indica X 1, which i think is due for launch shortly. It is having the Fiat Multijet VGT engine, which will be a very good buy, considering your requirements.
Just my 2cents!!

Last edited by dhaval : 1st May 2008 at 17:55. Reason: some additions

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks