Team-BHP - My new Dzire Zxi - Silky Silver
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   My new Dzire Zxi - Silky Silver (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/39111-my-new-dzire-zxi-silky-silver.html)

Finally, got the time to post a brief note on my newly acquired Dzire Zxi Silky Silver. A longish post. Will keep getting updated. Some Photos towards the end of the post.

Prologue:
My previous vehicle was Tata Indica DLS (diesel), purchased Mar 2003, sold Dec 2007. Done about 36000 kms. Sold primarily because niggling issues were slowly turning into painful ones. Fairly satisfied with the overall experience, however kinda "promised" myself not to get another Tata vehicle in the future.

Competition to Dzire for my garage space, at various points of time from Dec 2007 were mainly the following - Sx4, Tata Safari, Tata Sumo Grande (inspite of the above "promise").

Had decided on a petrol vehicle - note my fuel analysis take here.

Main Story:
Got delivery of the vehicle on 24-Apr-2008 (about a week earlier). About a month in all is what it took to nail it down.

Had a chance to pick up a Biege Zxi from one of the dealers in the very first few days, but slipped it up 'cos the color wasn't very appealing to me. Finally, decided on the Silver.

Did take the tbhp PDI checklist with me, but didn't make it a point to cross check it physically during the delivery, although I made it a point to mentally go thru' most of the things on the list.

Total OTR (on the road) is about 6.25L (includes registration, life/road tax, insurance, number plates, basic accessories, 3&4th year extended warranty).

No freebies from dealer (didn't try negotiating as well). No corporate discount on Dzire yet.

Basic accessories - floor mats, boot mat, mud flaps.

Still missing - in my opinion (IMO) - sunfilm. Can live with the stock ICE (in car entertainment), although I wished it packed more thump and volume. The music controls in steering wheel are a pretty nifty feature !

Still pending from dealer:The vehicle's done around 450kms in this one week time, most of it in the city and some of it in longish night drives on empty/almost empty roads. Don't know if I'm doing full justice to the recommended run-in period. Making it a point to stick to around 2K RPM max. Most of the riding during the day is in 3rd gear at around 30-40kmph.

That hopefully qualifies me to write a small piece about this vehicle.

What I like, in no particular order:What I don't like, in no particular order (some of these are obviously in comparison with my earlier ride):Regarding dealer experience:
Overall it was a pleasant sale, nothing to really crib about. However, here are some interesting bloopers from the dealer sales/service.Some questions:
One of the leaflets given with the vehicle recommends the following speeds for maximum FE.
1st gear 0-10 kmph
2nd gear 10-20 kmph
3rd gear 20-30 kmph
4th gear 30-40 kmph

I'm however maintaining 3rd gear even while in the 30-40 kmph range (from my Indica days). Is that fine ? What are your recommendations ?
I had owned a Tata Indica DLS (diesel) for about 5 years earlier. The change over from diesel to petrol is still taking some time to get used to. Vehicle gets switched off once in a while, while in traffic, when I start inching forward from a stationary position. This stopping is however beginning to become lesser. Hope I'm able to overcome it completely in a short time. Any recommendations ?

Fuel Efficiency:
First full-tank-to-full-tank measurement yields 9.14 kmpl. This was at about 85% AC on.

--------------------------------------------------------
Shoot out your questions, observations, recommendations.

Congrats for the new car. I too would be getting my Dzire Vxi in a week's time. The rear reflactors on the bumper look illuminated! Perhaps its your camera flash shining.

BTW , do you know that you can set brightess level of your speedo dial?
Enjoy, and yes do run-in your car before opening the throttles at full blast!

Congrats on your new car. Do keep in mind on the run in period. The car looks good. I would recommend to change its shoes, put in new seat covers, sunfilm. Will certainly look more better with these. Enjoy your ride.

Sudhir congrats ! Yet another bhpian owner with silver dzire. i think silver is hot selling for dzire like red for the hatchback.

Sudhir,
Congrats on your new purchase.Dzire looks really cute on silver colour.The EPS symbol is replaced (with a circle and exclamatory! icon in 2008 model).Even i got my swiftvxi last week with the same panel.wish you a safe ride.
Is there any way you can notice the fuel tank icon and is it working??(my swift has but the manual nowhere mentions about the symbol) and not sure it is working or not.

Congrats Sudhir.

Btw I believe you are one of those few people who have change over to Petrol from Diesel :)

Congrats. That is one fine looking car.

A very nice read.
Good pictures.

Thank you.

Congrats on new purchase! Drive safely and keep us posted about your experience, especially I am looking for FE, rattling issues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sudhirlp (Post 815960)
Prologue:
My previous vehicle was Tata Indica DLS (diesel), purchased Mar 2003, sold Dec 2007. Done about 36000 kms. Sold primarily because niggling issues were slowly turning into painful ones. Fairly satisfied with the overall experience, however kinda "promised" myself not to get another Tata vehicle in the future.

Competition to Dzire for my garage space, at various points of time from Dec 2007 were mainly the following - Sx4, Tata Safari, Tata Sumo Grande (inspite of the above "promise").

We share that same thought, I too was drawn towards Tata Safari 2.2 while looking for new vehicle options even as I was avoiding another vehicle from Tata.

A very nice and comprehensive review.

cheers: Wishing you happy & trouble free ownership.

Nice car at that price. I think its a VFM car !!

Those Lights at the rear bumper look really neat. I think this is only in top end ZXI variant.

hey congrats on your new car looks good :) drive safe

Congratulations Sudhir. The car looks nice in silver.

Cheers,
Dhaval

Congrats on the new car and I too was waiting for this ride to arrive in my Brother-in-law's garage but unfortunately there was a 3 month wait period and he could not hang on and booked an Aveo. Have a nice ride and do post your post driving report (1000kms or so)...