Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2008, 16:22   #1
BHPian

I got my i10

After giving off my Indica to my sister about 1 year back I was itching to find a replacement vehicle soon. But financial issues came up and I had to postpone my purchase. A month back, I sat down and recalculated my budget and expected budget and decided now was the time to go for a new car. I hasd previously taken test drives of other vehicles and had decided to go for the Santro as the value for money factor was very very good. Thanks to TBHP, I was 'persuaded' to check out an i10. I took one test drive and my decision was made.

I went ahead and booked a Magna and completed the financial formalities and finally on the 28 evening I took delivery of my i10.

Details:
i10 Magna
On road cost - 4,45,000
Discounts - None
Bank - SBI @ 11.75%
Freebees - Mud flaps, matting, 4 speakers, MP3 player (JVC), remote locking , Teflon coating (would be done free on my first servicing), Seat covers
Colour - Chanpagne Gold
Distance done till date ~ 180 km

What I like about it:
- Light steering in city conditions
- Good AC (Was initially unimpressed during the test drive, but now I find it quite good). Not much power drain on switching on the AC.
- Responsive engine (Have to conciously maintain a steady speed of not more that 60-65 kmph until the first servicing)
- Gear shift is easy to use; no trouble in shifting.
- Spacious! After an Indica, I was seriously wondering if I would be able to adjust to the smaller space of the other hatchs, but I find the i10 quite spacious....not to the extent of the Indica though, but 3 can easily sit at the backseat)

Not so good stuff:
- There is a slight hissing sound when the engine is running. I have not been able to locate the source.
- Want to change the JVC HU to one with USB.

Pics are given below.
Attached Thumbnails
I got my i10-img_3610.jpg  

I got my i10-img_3611.jpg  

I got my i10-img_3612.jpg  

Old 2nd May 2008, 16:38   #2
Team-BHP Support

Neat. Very neat. Congratulations and keep us updated as you munch miles !!
Old 2nd May 2008, 16:54   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats buddy!

May you have wonderful times ahead with your new baby!!! All the best! And keep us updated!
Old 2nd May 2008, 17:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congrats DriveR.

Thats a nice Car & nice Color

I think you would have got a discount if you didn't accept the freebies specially when you dont want the HU.

Btw does the Magna has central locking as standard ?

How is in city driving I heard it needs frequent shift than Santro, did you find any issues there?

Please post some interior pics too
Old 2nd May 2008, 17:11   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats DriveR. i10 is a great car. Enjoy your ride!
Old 2nd May 2008, 17:16   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations. The number of i10s on the forum is increasing. Nice car and colour too. Any plans of a tyre and alloy upgrade?
Old 2nd May 2008, 17:41   #7
BHPian

Seen quite a few new i10 cars in my complex, this car is selling pretty well.

Now I am getting interested in having a TD of this vehicle after reading so many reviews in the forum especially this review of an ex-Indica owner.

Wishing you a happy ownership.
Old 2nd May 2008, 17:46   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congo on your but i10 is a great car and nice colour,enjoy and drive safe
Old 2nd May 2008, 17:48   #9
Senior - BHPian

Nice colour there Bro !! The i10 is gaining popularity. In fact the Santro's sales have halved since this cars launch.

Get some tints and it will look more cool !!
Old 2nd May 2008, 18:36   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new vehicle. i10 is a nice hatch. Colour is also good. Just keep in mind the run in period. Any mods you have tought off?
Old 2nd May 2008, 18:45   #11
BHPian

congrtas on your new car DRIVER.enjoy your ride
Old 2nd May 2008, 18:59   #12
BHPian

congrats mate !! yeah go for a higher spec HU. till then have a safe drive
Old 2nd May 2008, 22:13   #13
BHPian

Hey. So you have also caught the i10...congrats on your new buy.cheers:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverR View Post
Not so good stuff:
- There is a slight hissing sound when the engine is running. I have not been able to locate the source.
Did you tank up the car? If the hissing noise comes on tanking up the car, then it is from Fuel Pump. Even I experienced the same and it has also been discussed in some of the threadrs on this forums.
Old 3rd May 2008, 00:40   #14
BHPian

Congratulations DriveR!! Your ride looks sweet, and a nice color selection there. Haven't you thought of getting the fog lamps fitted?? By the way i dont see the mud flaps on, in the pics.
Old 3rd May 2008, 12:35   #15
BHPian

Thanks guys for your wishes.

@Technocrat: Yes, Central locking comes standard with Magna. I'm trying to figure out what mechanical locking device to fix for security, as Gear locks are apparently not there for i10.
I have not felt much need for shifting gears too often, as the car can pull from low speeds....but then I have been not been using the AC much. Even with AC on, I feel the car can pull from low speeds without downshifting too often.... but then being new, I'm not keen on straining the engine and hence I am downshifting.
Interior looks pretty plain at the moment.... waiting to make a few personalizations before posting interior pics! Sorry!

@ Dippy: Well, I thought of the tires, but decided to keep them for now. Maybe later....

@ Liberal: Do take a test drive. I truely did not expect much from the car before my test drive, as I thought it is all just hype and advertising.

@Vkochar: The Magna comes with tints but I need to put sunfilms. Plan to install them soon.

@snaronikar: Everytime I'm tempted to floor the accelerator, I have to keep myself in check...Waiting for the 1st servicing. To add up the kms, I'm driving the car everywhere, including dropping friends to their homes!!! No Mods for now. But like I said the things I want to change, install are:
1. Sunfilm
2. HU with USB
3. Head Lights (I feel the light are not bright enough...but then I want some excuse to go for white lights Have to check though if fitting them would void any warrenty)
4. Fogs

@achopraa: The first thing I did after taking the car was to tank it up full. Looks like I need to get the fuel pump checked. Thanks buddy.

@dhaval: plan on getting fogs soon. The mud flaps were not available when I took the car and will be given on the first serviceing along with the Teflon coating.

Once again, thanks for your advice and wishes. I'll keep all posted as I rake up the miles!

Most Viewed