Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2008, 15:28   #46
BHPian

Vijay,

Nice review, first thing i noticed is the FE quoted by you - as a multiple Pajero owner i think you should be getting 8-9kmpl because i get 6-7 with a 2.8 Auto(imported).

Also just out of interest , did you test drive the 2000 Toyota Prado? because if you had and it was in decent condition you would not have bought the Pajero. It is waaaay ahead in terms of Power , refinement ect.
Old 2nd July 2008, 16:30   #47
Senior - BHPian

Prado is better

Mura,

In 2007, I was in Kenya for a week, saw lots of Prado's, more than Pajero, all are AT there, people there talk very highly of the Prado, its a great status symbol, people parade in it !!!!!

Don't know what the Indian offering is AT or MT or both? Surely the price would be higher?

--Ramky

Quote:
Originally Posted by mura View Post
Vijay,
Nice review, first thing i noticed is the FE quoted by you - as a multiple Pajero owner i think you should be getting 8-9kmpl because i get 6-7 with a 2.8 Auto(imported).

Also just out of interest , did you test drive the 2000 Toyota Prado? because if you had and it was in decent condition you would not have bought the Pajero. It is waaaay ahead in terms of Power , refinement ect.
Old 3rd July 2008, 09:54   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mura View Post
Vijay,

Hi Mura,

I am also surprised with the FE figures of my SUV. I did a 2000KMS run on the golden quadilateral and the car turned out an average of 7.3 kmpl. I have not crossed 8 kml . the average being about 7.3. I spoke to the Dealers and they promised to chek up. Can you pl provide some inputs on the probable causes and ways to improve FE.

Regarding the Prado. Yes I did test drive the car. We rejected it because of the following reasons,

1. the car belonged to some one in Tiruppur and I could not get a history of the car - My cousins in coimbatore also did not have any info. - I spoke to the car dealer BABU of alankar and no info.
2. the front wind shied was changed.
3. As per my friend the up shift and the down shift of the AT was not proper.
4. there were oil spills along the valve door gasket and the turbo
5. The car was spewing out a lot of smoke.
6. I did not Trust the dealer selling the car. He had bought my Skoda which had done about 81000 on the odo. When I saw the skoda again when I went to inspect the prado it had 72000 on the ODO.

Other wise the exteriors and the drivability were good.. Now the car seems to have a new owner since I see it often arround my area.

Can you pl let me know where I can get some accesories for Pajero.
Old 3rd July 2008, 19:38   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay shekar View Post
Hi Mura,

I am also surprised with the FE figures of my SUV. I did a 2000KMS run on the golden quadrilateral and the car turned out an average of 7.3 km pl. I have not crossed 8 kmpl . the average being about 7.3. I spoke to the Dealers and they promised to check up. Can you pl provide some inputs on the probable causes and ways to improve FE.
Regarding the Prado. Yes I did test drive the car. We rejected it because of the following reasons,

1. the car belonged to some one in Tiruppur and I could not get a history of the car - My cousins in coimbatore also did not have any info. - I spoke to the car dealer BABU of alankar and no info.
2. the front wind shied was changed.
3. As per my friend the up shift and the down shift of the AT was not proper.
4. there were oil spills along the valve door gasket and the turbo
5. The car was spewing out a lot of smoke.
6. I did not Trust the dealer selling the car. He had bought my Skoda which had done about 81000 on the odo. When I saw the skoda again when I went to inspect the Prado it had 72000 on the ODO.
For the fuel economy i think its should be around 8 to 9 km pl in city and may be 10 + on golden quad ,may be its a new car and once you travel a certain KMs it should improve ,or may be you re driving the car little more enthusiastically See what Dealer can do about it

Good you did not buy a very very old Prado and bought a Pajero no matter how good the SUV may be they still have a life and it has been to old already . And man this dealer was really honest here in Delhi if the car has Done 81000 they will rotate the meter to 35 -40 K

Last edited by rubin2006 : 3rd July 2008 at 19:40.
Old 4th July 2008, 22:22   #50
Senior - BHPian

A Good review. Quite well written.
By the way, I would like to tell you that my friend read this review and on its basis is buying the pajero for himself. Cheers

Can we have some pictures mate?
Old 5th July 2008, 10:39   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
A Good review. Quite well written.
By the way, I would like to tell you that my friend read this review and on its basis is buying the pajero for himself. Cheers

Can we have some pictures mate?
gosh ! please ask your friend to test drive the car first.

shall post pics soon.

Last edited by GTO : 5th July 2008 at 16:17. Reason: Please do not use SMS / Slang language on Team-BHP.
Old 13th November 2008, 17:07   #52
BHPian

some photos

hi friends,

here are some photos. I shall upload some more soon . I have also succesfully completed 11000kms and shall share with you the update.
Attached Thumbnails
Pajero 2.8 - Ownership Review EDIT: Sold!-p8240051.jpg  

Pajero 2.8 - Ownership Review EDIT: Sold!-p8240053.jpg  

Pajero 2.8 - Ownership Review EDIT: Sold!-bod.jpg  

vijay shekar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2008, 19:55   #53
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Are these pictures taken recently? If yes, the Paj looks brand new! The way that she is shining inside-out, I bet you recently got a wax job. How has the performance over 11K been? Any issues? Service experience?
Old 13th November 2008, 23:36   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay shekar View Post
My dad dint like the car though . He is wondering why I paid 9 lacks more than an INNOVA when the ride is not as smooth as an Innova. I showed him the small stick beside the gear lever and the gap underneath the chassi. He is still not convinced. But this is not for the oldies right?
Oh boy! Dont know how i missed this review! Absolutely loved your write-up!

Pajero is among my favourite SUVs, and God willing, would love to own one someday. Nice pics, seems to be very well-maintained. The shade of the two-tone paint job on your Pajero doesnt look all that bad.
Old 14th November 2008, 03:22   #55
BHPian

nice ride man !! Vijay can yu tell us a little about it s behaviour in traffic ? Is it a pain to hold the clutch and pump it again and again in traffic ? Did your mileage improve with passing time rather running in of the engine is the term !!
Regards
SaaJan
Old 14th November 2008, 09:25   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Are these pictures taken recently? If yes, the Paj looks brand new! The way that she is shining inside-out, I bet you recently got a wax job. How has the performance over 11K been? Any issues? Service experience?
These pics are 2 to 3 months old. I shall post the latest pics in a day or two and you can pl let me know your comments on my maintenace.
the overall performance was good and I shall post the details in soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-hawk View Post
nice ride man !! Vijay can yu tell us a little about it s behaviour in traffic ? Is it a pain to hold the clutch and pump it again and again in traffic ? Did your mileage improve with passing time rather running in of the engine is the term !!
Regards
SaaJan
yes it takes a bit of fiddling with the clutch in traffic. But that shortcomming is overcome by the ease of maneoverabilty . No improvement in mileage however the engine has become quite smooth.
Old 14th November 2008, 12:55   #57
rippergeo

Great review, and enthusiasm in replying to the numerous questions posed by all of us.
An idea of the labour and spares pricing would be very helpful, because, I think a 2nd hand pajero is more VFM than a brand new safari/scorpio or even a used endy 4X4, and am on the lookout.

Old 14th November 2008, 16:29   #58
BHPian

some more photos

hi every one,

here are some more photos . all 1 day old. GTO yr comments pl.
Attached Thumbnails
Pajero 2.8 - Ownership Review EDIT: Sold!-pb140420.jpg  

Pajero 2.8 - Ownership Review EDIT: Sold!-pb140421.jpg  

Pajero 2.8 - Ownership Review EDIT: Sold!-pb140411.jpg  

Pajero 2.8 - Ownership Review EDIT: Sold!-pb140413.jpg  

Pajero 2.8 - Ownership Review EDIT: Sold!-pb140417.jpg  

Pajero 2.8 - Ownership Review EDIT: Sold!-pb140418.jpg  

Pajero 2.8 - Ownership Review EDIT: Sold!-pb140423.jpg  

vijay shekar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2008, 17:24   #59
Senior - BHPian

Well maintained !

wow, vijay shekar, that is one well-maintained Pajero ! It is looking as new even today .

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 14th November 2008 at 17:28.
Old 15th November 2008, 08:56   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Great review, and enthusiasm in replying to the numerous questions posed by all of us.
An idea of the labour and spares pricing would be very helpful, because, I think a 2nd hand pajero is more VFM than a brand new safari/scorpio or even a used endy 4X4, and am on the lookout.
I am not very sure about the labour costs since my car is still in warranty. However HM has brought down the spares cost and I shall post the costs soon for your info. I cannot agree with you more on the Second hand Pajero vs New safari/scorpio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
wow, vijay shekar, that is one well-maintained Pajero ! It is looking as new even today .
thank you

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks