Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2008, 13:21   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhegde View Post
Congratulations Anil. Good vehicle . Good ICE. Yes Practicality matters more than anything else. logan is a good practical car. Diesel car FE is awesome. Howz the rear seating?? Comfortable for three people??
Rear seats are very comfortable for 3 people. As tez says including the shoulder room. Go for a TD to clear all queries & doubts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
my BIL has a Logan DLS version and hence i have travelled quite a bit in the car. Rear seat is very comfortable for 3 adults including the shoulder room. The car is very refined and spacious. Congrats Anil on your buy. Enjoy the car. Upgrade the shoes and add alloys. She will be a looker
Well i'm still thinking about upgrading the stock tyres coz i'm not getting much for them.
Old 3rd July 2008, 15:58   #47
BHPian

yes anil, after reading your post, will definitely go and take one TD.
Old 18th July 2008, 17:07   #48
BHPian

Should i go for extended warranty?

Hi guys,
The Mahindra Renault Web-site has posted the option of owners to go for extended warranty for the Logan. Do you think its advisable, as in, is it worth it?
Old 21st July 2008, 11:14   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Hi guys,
The Mahindra Renault Web-site has posted the option of owners to go for extended warranty for the Logan. Do you think its advisable, as in, is it worth it?
I would also appreciate the suggestions. My heart says go for it. I hope it costs about 10K. It deos not cover electricals (Tata does cover electricals for theirs! )

Seran
Old 30th July 2008, 17:25   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
I would also appreciate the suggestions. My heart says go for it. I hope it costs about 10K. It deos not cover electricals (Tata does cover electricals for theirs! )

Seran
its around 12700 if i opt before 90 days i.e. before 6th August in my case & after that it will be 14,600 so i am thinking of going for it. it covers electricals as per their fax so i think its a fair deal.

Also i wanted to calculate the FE of the car as i have been driving only in heavy traffic in andheri east mumbai most of the time & i was utterly delighted to get 14.47km/litre FE full tank method 100% a/c on. Filled 30.31 litres regular diesel & drove 438.7kms. Awesome man. That also this past week with heavy rains, with the potholed roads & terrible traffic jams with start stop speeds its good to know something is going good atleast. Very very happy till now with my purchase.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 30th July 2008 at 17:37.
Old 31st July 2008, 12:27   #51
BHPian

Nice Car

Anil,

Nice car and nice ICE too. I had a chance to go through this post today only. Logan was one of the two cars I had shortlisted when I decided to sell my Swift Vxi and go for a bigger Diesel. The other one on my shortlist was the Indigo XL Classic DICOR. For the same reasons you have mentioned I did not consider the DLS and DLE as an option. I decided against the Logan after taking a TD of both vehicles for the following reasons
1. I found the Driver's seat a bit cramped - with a chronic knee problem, the drive posture was not comfortable for me. Added to it the DLX did not have seat height adjustment.
2. The dealer here in Chennai did not offer me anything more than a 13 k cash discount + mud flaps and floor mats.
3. Looking at what I would need to spend on minimum required accessories for a wholesome car - ICE + Front fog lamps (dealer's quote was 9k!!) + sun film + seat covers - at the least around 35-40k
4. There was no remote opener for the boot.
5. I was impressed with its FE and was in two minds but finally decided to go for the Indigo XL as it was loaded to the hilt and fairly good on performance.
6. I owned a Indica Lsi sometime back and had built good contacts at the dealer. In fact it is the dealer who has managed to win back a Customer for TATA Motors.

Will post soon on this forum about my Indigo XL.
Old 31st July 2008, 14:25   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnaganathan View Post
Anil,

Nice car and nice ICE too. I had a chance to go through this post today only. Logan was one of the two cars I had shortlisted when I decided to sell my Swift Vxi and go for a bigger Diesel. The other one on my shortlist was the Indigo XL Classic DICOR. For the same reasons you have mentioned I did not consider the DLS and DLE as an option. I decided against the Logan after taking a TD of both vehicles for the following reasons
1. I found the Driver's seat a bit cramped - with a chronic knee problem, the drive posture was not comfortable for me. Added to it the DLX did not have seat height adjustment.
2. The dealer here in Chennai did not offer me anything more than a 13 k cash discount + mud flaps and floor mats.
3. Looking at what I would need to spend on minimum required accessories for a wholesome car - ICE + Front fog lamps (dealer's quote was 9k!!) + sun film + seat covers - at the least around 35-40k
4. There was no remote opener for the boot.
5. I was impressed with its FE and was in two minds but finally decided to go for the Indigo XL as it was loaded to the hilt and fairly good on performance.
6. I owned a Indica Lsi sometime back and had built good contacts at the dealer. In fact it is the dealer who has managed to win back a Customer for TATA Motors.

Will post soon on this forum about my Indigo XL.
cool... actually i had an Indigo & with due respect to Tata, in the end i just can't imagine how many trips i had to make to the Tata workshop right from the first month of ownership. At first i thought that minor electricals can get spoilt in any car, then fuel pump, clutch assly, power steering elbow (atleast 6 times), power steering bleeds, brake assly, overheating which went on for over a year & they had no clue about it, i could just go on and on... and it was'nt just me, there were many people like me with minor irritants in newer cars, basically it like this Indian engineered & designed cars still have a very long way to go .
1. About the seating position, the problem is that the steering wheel is big & there is lesser distance between the seat & the steering. But i have got used to it now.
2. Secondly the discount you were getting was reasonable because there arent any good deals on diesels, petrol versions you'll get the world with it.
3. About spending on the accessories i was prepared for it, spent nearly 60k's (most of it on the HU, amps, woofer, etc) as of now, but no regrets.
4. I got my remote boot fitted as the Free Accessories Bouquet. So no problem on that front.
5. As i mentioned i was really impressed with the FE i've got till now. The Indigo may be reasonable on performance but it clearly is poor on refinement.
6. I hope & pray that you ave a good experience with Tata A.S.S. Best of luck dude!

Last edited by anilkalvani : 31st July 2008 at 14:26.
Old 31st July 2008, 18:56   #53
BHPian

cnaganathan:
Why dont you try Fabia? Steering wheel is completely adjustable + the top two varients (ambiente & elegant) have height adjustable front seats. Price will be the only concern.

Regards
Mahesh S
Old 1st August 2008, 12:01   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
cnaganathan:
Why dont you try Fabia? Steering wheel is completely adjustable + the top two varients (ambiente & elegant) have height adjustable front seats. Price will be the only concern.

Regards
Mahesh S
Thanks Mahesh. But I did not consider the Fabia as an option at all because
- I wanted a car with a good boot space and back seat room
- I had a self imposed price constraint of 7-7.25L
- Wanted to upgrade to a mid size - all my earlier cars were compacts.

Regards
Chandru
Old 1st August 2008, 12:19   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
cnaganathan:

Regards
Mahesh S
correct that mahesh, price & spares will be a concern .
but i think he has already got delivery of the XL dicor, congrats to you.
Old 24th September 2008, 16:03   #56
BHPian

Anil, Nice car you have got there and also lovely seat covers. I am sure you must have added many more miles on your car plus routine servicing.

Can you update us on your current mileage, FE, service experience, mods, any issues/problems?

Did you get remote boot release installed?

Any progress with keyless entry, Shoe, wheels?

Do keep us posted about your experiences.
Old 25th September 2008, 09:04   #57
BHPian

Anil, Nice car you have got there and also lovely seat covers. I am sure you must have added many more miles on your car plus routine servicing.

Can you update us on your current mileage, FE, service experience, mods, any issues/problems?

Mileage in mumbai, after 3700kms i get 14.75-15.5km/litre constantly in traffic so i am very happy with it. service experience i will come to know during my 2nd service which is due before 6th November. I have not modded the car, just upgraded the footwear to Michelin Energy XM1+ for FANTASTIC grip & stability, not going for alloys at the moment & still thinking about Pete'ing the car. no issues as yet, touchwood. Giving me good mileage, good refinement, what more do i want?

Did you get remote boot release installed?

As i have mentioned in this post earlier, remote boot release was part of the Free of cost Accessories Bouquet that the dealer provided me & got it fitted during the first service.

Any progress with keyless entry, Shoe, wheels?

Keyless Entry i've fitted Autocop which had a problem once, rats had chewed up the wires near the battery, that got sorted out.

Do keep us posted about your experiences.

As of now i have nothing to say, just one thing that i feel it is a very under rated car in India. We just go for outer beauty & looks, but we overlook good features. The lower end torque is fantastic & it drives better than most petrol cars in heavy traffic. But i will keep updating my experiences in the days to come.
Old 25th September 2008, 13:34   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
As of now i have nothing to say, just one thing that i feel it is a very under rated car in India. We just go for outer beauty & looks, but we overlook good features. The lower end torque is fantastic & it drives better than most petrol cars in heavy traffic. But i will keep updating my experiences in the days to come.
Anil,
Thanks for the detailed review. Thanks for sharing pictures. I do love the white color. I am glad the mileage figures are also great.
Btw: Seat covers look great too. Forgot to mention: Congrats on the new car.

Cheers,
Jai
Old 25th September 2008, 14:27   #59
tez
BHPian

One question to all the Logan owners, how is the service and spare part availability of Logan. Renault had mentioned that they would be supporting Logan but still wanted to know?

Last edited by Technocrat : 25th September 2008 at 15:02. Reason: Cleaning up
Old 28th September 2008, 17:27   #60
BHPian

While going thru tyres thread I noticed that you have changed tyres on your logan to Michelin XM1 185/70 R14,

I believe logan stock types aren't tubeless.

1. What is the size of logan stock tyres?

2. Can you install tubeless tyres on stock wheel? If yes, can you upsize your tyres with stock wheel or you have to go for new wheels/alloys?

3. Clarification on above questions and some more details on your overall tyre upgrade experience would be very much useful.

Most Viewed