Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2008, 16:31   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Congrats on taking possession of your vehicle, DieselOne!

Guess this weekend is going to be a 'on-road' one! :-)
Thanks happywheels, you bet its going to be! cant wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
DieselOne joining the yelagiri drive meet this Sunday ?? (check the meet section)
Thanks for the invite dadu- promised folks at home on a driving weekend though.
The clutch "krr" noise will go away after 2-3k of running.

The engine "Krrr" noise will reduce over time but dont know if it goes away completely or not.
Big relief to hear that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Congrats Dieselone..

Are you sure you are pressing the clutch completely, because it has to be pressed long way down and if you are new to it, you may find it difficult to do and end up changing the gear with some clutch undepresed.

Ya i'm pressing the clutch completely, i too thought that could be the reason but its not(unfortunately)

Do you hear this voice from idle to 1st gear as well?

i'm not too sure on that will observe and get back.

This can be adjusted in 1st service. I am driving a friends 2.2 VTT Ex and it had same problem. Got it rectified at 1st service.
A bigger relief to hear that!
Old 26th May 2008, 12:50   #47
BHPian

Bangalore- Nagarhole - Bangalore- 400 Kms

Took the new truck to Nagarhole forest (Rajiv Gandhi Natonal Park)near Mysore. Had always dreamt of taking the truck on a forest safari, finally got a chance to do just that! Went around in the forest for an hour with a forest department guide .Followed the "jeep tracks" in the forest. These tracks are used by safari vehicles(Mahindras and Gypsies) of the forest department and Jundgle lodges to take tourists on Jundgle Safaris. The truck behaved extremely well and carried 5 adults on the rough and broken tracks with ease. Truely "reclaimed my life"
Old 31st July 2008, 14:28   #48

hi diesel one..
Even am facing the same problem while shifting gears and do you have any idea about why the alternator is being replaced for all 2.2 safaris....
Old 31st July 2008, 17:36   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir11224 View Post
do you have any idea about why the alternator is being replaced for all 2.2 safaris....
How would we know if a part(s) were replaced during service? Do they make an entry in the owner's manual?
Old 31st July 2008, 18:37   #50
Senior - BHPian

You need to check the service Jobcard after each workshop visit. The mechanic will write down each and everything there.

I always check that workshop job card before I sign on the work completed paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
How would we know if a part(s) were replaced during service? Do they make an entry in the owner's manual?
Old 4th August 2008, 22:37   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
You need to check the service Jobcard after each workshop visit. The mechanic will write down each and everything there.

I always check that workshop job card before I sign on the work completed paper.

This alternator was not replaced during service I just covered 9500 kms.I had got a call from tata saying that they are replacing the alternator for all safaris.So thought of letting other safari owners know abt it too

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks