Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2008, 19:40   #31
Senior - BHPian

Thanks buddy. Will update the signature , though the car is still with me and will give it to True Value tommorrow. Need to take some farewell pics
Quote:
Originally Posted by girish.r View Post
Well said Bharat. Its not just the front/rear leg room space but also the storage space that is found abundant in Indica.

Anyways all the best for your new car and may be you need to update your signature about the sold status of your Indica.

Last edited by rkbharat : 12th May 2008 at 19:43.
Old 12th May 2008, 20:28   #32
Team-BHP Support

Waiting for the Indica Resale drama story.
Old 12th May 2008, 21:07   #33
Senior - BHPian

Indica Selling drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Waiting for the Indica Resale drama story.
Now that you mentioned it and I am really bored sitting in office doing work. I will type to bring some change. Its bit long so have patience

Before I start, let me warn people in Gurgaon, once you show your car to dealer or market, all world in Gurgaon know that your car is for sale. So do not try different dealers for getting better price. next dealer will get the news of your car on sale, before you reach him.

Actually this resale thing started 3 month back when I went to Dhingra Motors for safari. I told them that I will be selling my Indica so they got my car evaluated by an old sardarji. He has nothing to do with Tata, but he is just a car dealer in 2nd market.

So he evaluated the car for 1.35 Lacs. at that time I was actually not serious about selling so just listened and came back thinking its too less.

2 weeks later one of my friend, owner of TASC in Gurgaon asked me to meet a dealer for better price. We met and he quoated 1.2 Lacs. Haaa I was laughing and to get more I told him that Dhingra TATA guy evaluated 1.5 .

So he just went out of the shop, and to my surprise came back talking to that Sardarji. Now I was feeling the network. Anyway as he liked the car, he just behaved like nothing and quoated 1.37 Lacs. I was bit pissed off so I told him that I will decide later.

So till one a month nothing happened. 2 weeks back I visited APRA motors in Gurgaon to get my car evaluated for SX4 exchange. They asked me was it evaluated earlier. I said Yes at Tata Motors for 1.5 Lacs (tried to lie). He asked who evaluated. I said, one sardarji. And he said sir he will not give you 1.5 at all. Now I was surprised.

Anyways now I was sure that not point lying, just tell them what I want. They quoted 1.10 + Exchange Bonus. I rejected. Also I was not happy with the lazy responses I was getting from the executives

Same day I went to a car dealer thinking he may not be knowing about the car. I told him about KM done, year etc and expectation, and he replied in jaat accent, Sir ji isse to deekha choke ho, itna nahi milega . Now I know I am trapped. This is a highly networked market and they have a trap well set.

1 week back I visited Vipul Motors and asked them to evaluate. 1.10+25K, deal done closed.

Next day when I went there to submit documents, the sales guy just mentioned, sir aapne APRA mae bhee deekhaya tha. Now I was laughing, but anyways sales guy was good, he just said, sir we will give you better than APRA.

So the lesson learned, if you are in Gurgaon, and plan to sell the car there. Sell it in 1st or 2nd attempt else you will trapped in net and will end up getting less or sell somewhere else.

Carwale.com is ok, people call you for inquiry, some even come to see the car, and I was about to close the deal but for some reason that guy did not turned up.I feel 90% inquiry calls from this site is cooked up.
Old 12th May 2008, 21:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quite a story. Did not know Gurgaon was so well networked with these car dealers. Anyways that's a big help as 2 of my cars are Gurgaon registered and I would sell them there only. Will keep in mind what you said.

1.35 is a good price I feel.
Old 13th May 2008, 09:54   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Quite a story. Did not know Gurgaon was so well networked with these car dealers. Anyways that's a big help as 2 of my cars are Gurgaon registered and I would sell them there only. Will keep in mind what you said.
I suggest you better sell those cars in Delhi. You will find better price
Old 14th May 2008, 08:09   #36
Senior - BHPian

Farewell pics of my Indica, SX4 coming today

did a sad good bye to my Indica yesterday and there was a buyer already waiting.

Booked SX4/ZXi - Delivered 14th May 2008-dscn2017.jpg
Booked SX4/ZXi - Delivered 14th May 2008-dscn2018.jpg
Booked SX4/ZXi - Delivered 14th May 2008-dscn2019.jpg
Old 14th May 2008, 15:04   #37
Senior - BHPian

Rajiv,

the Ac has been pretty good. I set the climate acontrol on Auto with the temperature at 25 degrees. It cools pretty quick unless it ha been parked in the open sun dring afternoon. In that case it takes a few minutes to cool the interiors and the blower is very much audible .
Old 15th May 2008, 11:51   #38
Senior - BHPian

Took the delivery yesterday

took the delivery of man yesterday . Posting some pics now, will post full delivery detail, dealer experience and more snaps.

I am in neck deep work load

Booked SX4/ZXi - Delivered 14th May 2008-dscn2033.jpg
Booked SX4/ZXi - Delivered 14th May 2008-dscn2034.jpg
Old 15th May 2008, 14:00   #39
BHPian

Congrats Rajiv. That's sure one great looking car! cheers:
I can see that you got the reverse sensors installed at the dealers. What brand was it and what did it cost?
Old 15th May 2008, 18:52   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
took the delivery of man yesterday . Posting some pics now, will post full delivery detail, dealer experience and more snaps.

I am in neck deep work load

Congrats Rajiiv, welcome to SX4 family.
Old 19th May 2008, 19:42   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerintown View Post
Congrats Rajiv. That's sure one great looking car! cheers:
I can see that you got the reverse sensors installed at the dealers. What brand was it and what did it cost?
Thanks Strangerintown, its of Xenos brand fitted at Maruti Dealership for 3200 Rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Congrats Rajiiv, welcome to SX4 family.
Thanks gopinathann
Old 19th May 2008, 22:20   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Thanks Strangerintown, its of Xenos brand fitted at Maruti Dealership for 3200 Rs

Firstly many congratulations to you Rajiv.

Yes, the reverse sensor/camera is a very helpful tool in reversing the tall Sx4. But i think the dealership has done a piss-poor job of installing the sensors IMO.

Let me try to explain. If you notice, the first and the fourth sensor on either ends of the bumper, they complement each other in terms of looks because they are equally spaced out from the reflector on the bumper on either sides. No problems there...

But now, have a look at the second and the third sensor. The second sensor is more towards the center of the bumper and the third is more towards the right. Don't you think soo? And i don't think it looks great that way. I consider that a shoddy install and if i were you, i would go back to the dealership ASAP and demand a brand new bumper and a proper sensor install job wrt. properly spacing them which would make it look aesthetically more pleasing and it would look bone-stock to some extent.

Just my two cents

Cheers
Old 19th May 2008, 23:36   #43
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new buy! though, i have never like silver in SX4, your car looks awesome in those pics... have a good run-in period.. BTW, how much was the OTR price?

Quote:
But i think the dealership has done a piss-poor job of installing the sensors IMO.

Let me try to explain. If you notice, the first and the fourth sensor on either ends of the bumper, they complement each other in terms of looks because they are equally spaced out from the reflector on the bumper on either sides. No problems there...

But now, have a look at the second and the third sensor. The second sensor is more towards the center of the bumper and the third is more towards the right. Don't you think soo? And i don't think it looks great that way. I consider that a shoddy install and if i were you, i would go back to the dealership ASAP and demand a brand new bumper and a proper sensor install job wrt. properly spacing them which would make it look aesthetically more pleasing and it would look bone-stock to some extent.
I agree with prince85.. I actually did notice the difference only when you commented it... I think you should go back to the dealer and fix it to make them symmetrical..
Old 20th May 2008, 00:06   #44
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Prince,

Well your observation is 100% right. And this happened because I had to leave the dealer for some time to bring my family for the delivery. And installer did this goof up during that time.

Now there was nothing can be done except replacing the bumper.

And I am sure nobody would like to create that ugly scene at the golden hour of delivery. So I had to live with that though I shouted loud and clear.

Now as I am enjoying the car, I think I am ok to live with that.

BTW I got cutom Seat Cover and Door trims fitted this weekend. Will post the snaps tommorow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
Firstly many congratulations to you Rajiv.

Just my two cents

Cheers
Thanks iTNerd.....

OTR 7.35,

I got 30,000 exchange bonus for my 2002, 98k km done Indica, which was quoated for 1.1Lacs.
so total 1.4 Lacs.

Got 12K corporate bonus and 4k worth of one extended warranty. I purchased 4th year extended warranty as well.

Also I managed to transfer 50% NCB of my Indica to SX4 as well.

So over and all, I managed to built quite a good package.

I am hating to keep the car below 2K rpm as it asks to go for more . Just want to complete 1500 KM asap. Though manual says 965 KM of running in period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Congrats on the new buy! though, i have never like silver in SX4, your car looks awesome in those pics... have a good run-in period.. BTW, how much was the OTR price?

Last edited by rkbharat : 20th May 2008 at 00:14.
Old 20th May 2008, 00:16   #45
Senior - BHPian

MODS : PLEASE CHANGE THE TITLE TO "Booked SX4/ZXi - Delivered on 14th May, 2008

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks