Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2008, 16:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

Very well written report which will be a guide to many on the forum. Compared to its predecessor i always thought Maruti ruined it , as long as you are satisfied and its VFM, nothing can beat it and i can see you are one happy customer there.
Regarding the stability i think you can upgrade the tires and stability will definitely improve.

The best part of your report is about your mentioning of "Our car, We" instead of "My car, I" is noticeable and i thought it was really sweet not to forget your wifey and kiddy.

Drive Safe and enjoy your ride.
Old 13th May 2008, 16:54   #17
BHPian

Congrats on your new first car.With a mileage of 14/litre, it is really a VFM for city driving.
Old 13th May 2008, 17:21   #18
BHPian

You have analysed your own requirements and explained the narrowing down process in a very lucid manner. One of the best initial ownership write-ups that have read on the forum.
Congratulations on your new ride!
Old 13th May 2008, 17:25   #19
BHPian

congrats on your new car buddy
quite an exhaustive comparison and feature listing.
Glad that you are enjoying your car.

I think to improve the stability, you should go for a tyre upgrade soon.

Kudos to the mileage that you get, I always thought that the estilo gives only 11kmpl.
One of my friend who bought one as soon as it was launched gets only 11 in 100% AC.
Old 13th May 2008, 18:20   #20
BHPian

Congrats simonkayar on your first car. You researched on all the cars in the segment before zeroing on Estilo. I was wondering why you did not check the I10.

Now that its already 8 months and completed 9000 km without any issues, you must be very happy with your decision.
Old 13th May 2008, 19:40   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new car!! And that was one very detailed report i must say. Well thought out and educated decision in the end. Enjoy your car and have fun!!
Old 14th May 2008, 10:48   #22
BHPian

Congrats simonkayar on your car and great report. What was the discount you got on the Estilo?
Old 14th May 2008, 11:24   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats simonkayar, and great write up indeed. Enjoy your Estilo to the hilt. I would still go for a WagonR instead of an Estillo, but as the adage goes..One Man's meat is another's poison
I do agree that the Estilo offers more features than a top end WagonR though, as brougt out by you. However I am surprised to learn that the gear shift is better...I thought it was lifted from the Waggie.
I am also surprised to know that you feel the build of a Santro is better than a WagonR. Can you please elaborate on this?
Old 14th May 2008, 11:36   #24
BHPian

Thanks a lot for all the feedback guys. I guess as suggested by many here I might plan for a tyre upgrade (I have been planning on alloys and tyre upgrade once I get some spare cash).
cediafan, I got close to 25k as discount (it was before the diwali season discounts in Sep).
vnabhi, I was also surprised by this. I was expecting the gear to perform bad but it did not happen. Whenever I shut the Santro, it always felt solid to me compared to WagonR or Estilo (may be just my perception?)
Bombatt, i10 was not available then (sep 2007) but even now I would have gone for the VFM Estilo or even Swift Dzire instead of the pricey i10 (again my personal view)
bkm, You might be right about Spark, but my first impressions (look) were not great and I was not ready for GM as my first car :-)
Elito11, the Vxi comes with 155 as stock tyre (the Lxi with 145).
Old 14th May 2008, 12:12   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your first car. And thanks for outlining your decision making process, this should help others that are looking for similar cars.
Old 14th May 2008, 12:20   #26
Senior - BHPian

Like a few mentioned here, I ain't a big fan of the Estilo.Everytime I see one, it sure is a funny looking color. I think MUL ruined the legacy created by the Zen with the launch of the Estilo.Nevertheless you liked it and picked up one. Good on you.

Once again a nice initial ownership report . Drive safe and yes pimp her up .
Old 14th May 2008, 14:26   #27
BHPian

One of my friends is looking to buy a hatch and has shortlisted i10 ERA and Zen Estilo. The dealer offered him cash discount close to 40k today, so the deal has become very sweet.
Old 14th May 2008, 16:19   #28
Senior - BHPian

Like many here, I used to hate the Estilo when it was launched. Now, for the past few months, there is this white Estilo that is always parked next to my car in the office parking lot and I end up seeing it a lot - need to pass by the car for the once-in-2-hours coffee/fag break. And you know what, I have started liking the looks of this car.

It looks like a mini-version of the Innova, whose looks I like (ofcourse, the front can do with some changes). And compared to the i10, I think the Estilo looks lots better. Can't stand the frontal looks of the i10, with the bulging-eye kind of headlights and all.

Anyway, if you & family liked the car, it does not matter what the world thinks about it. Have fun. And BTW, a nice detailed report.
Old 14th May 2008, 17:52   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
It looks like a mini-version of the Innova, whose looks I like (ofcourse, the front can do with some changes). And compared to the i10, I think the Estilo looks lots better. Can't stand the frontal looks of the i10, with the bulging-eye kind of headlights and all
Supreme Baleno,you spoke for me.I also intially hated the car.But after seeing it for some time i find it cute(needs to be pimped,of course).From some angles i too feel it like Mini Innova

Last edited by shebin : 14th May 2008 at 17:53.
Old 18th July 2010, 11:23   #30
BHPian

Driving one since a year and half. 28k on ODO. Initially took it for Dad as it was first car in family. Mom was after City but was big for Dad and me Swift which was again powerful as per my Dad. Me was least interested in cars that time as I was more inclined towards my Rd350. But when we all shifted together, the Cutie came into my hands. Dad was not comfortable riding it coz of his age and Mumbai traffic. I was too frustrated with the car as I never thought of driving it. Moreover, people around asking why a guy riding RD got such a lame car. Had arguements as well to sell if off and get a new one. until the day came when I had a broken glass center table back at home. Replacing it would mean to carry the table to shop.
Just then got idea to drop the rear seats and try to carry the 4x3 feet sized table in Estilo and Voila! it just saved me the transport money and hassel to find a 5 wheeler and then to bargain over it.
The second time I was looking for an immediate delivery for a 1.5Ton AC and there was no one to deliver. So again came the rear seats to rescue. Me and my Dad on front seats and 2 guys on corner of rear seats with AC ka box. (Not to mention that All doors were closed)

So since then I know that it is too practicle and a member to our family as promising as my NOMAD (RD350)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks