Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2008, 01:24   #1
BHPian

Day 5 with the Cedia

Its early days yet. I have in these few days driven over different surfaces
and i am not sure how much my impression will change w.r.t. following. My reference point has been the Palio which has been with me for almost 5 years now.

Handling - the reason why i picked the Cedia. anything south of the 3 series - this is it, except the GTX! (i have driven most except the new C). i tried the Noida culverts and handling came out tops with the cedia.

Ride - soft and pliant as expected of the segment.

AC - a grouse. i dont find the ac as effective as that of the Palio. Also, i have the habit of keeping the ac in recycle air mode. With the Palio there hasnt been a problem on this account. In the Cedia the windows start fogging in 10-15mins with the ac in recycle air mode. The booklet also advises to have this mode switched off. Doesnt seem possible specially in traffic with all diesel fumes and in other dusty conditions.

Headlights - what is with the headlights? For a car that can go fast the headlights are not all that good. I am so used to the powerful lights of the palio that night driving is an issue with the cedia stock lamps. these will get changed first, this weekend.

Visibility - another big positive, unlike the palio where the front pillar can hide an elephant.

steering feedback - not too much and neither too less. just right. although its not as direct as that in the GTX but even then quite good.

rear seat comfort - i havent sat there yet. but my sis who was visiting had no complaints and we were out and about all day saturday. and she isnt exactly short in height.
Old 14th May 2008, 01:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats maven for your Cedia,the car is in TBHPian's fav.list,please post some pics of your ride..drive safe and once again congrats have fun

Ramie
Old 14th May 2008, 09:28   #3
BHPian

hi there,

Congrates for ur car man. wish u happy and safe mile and mile of driving. Hmm yeah regarding headlights its a big problem. I also find them complete insufficient.

But AC shouldn't be a problem. I use it most of the time in recycling mode (100 % in city driving) but never had this issue.
Old 14th May 2008, 09:54   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000Horses View Post
hi there,

Congrates for ur car man. wish u happy and safe mile and mile of driving. Hmm yeah regarding headlights its a big problem. I also find them complete insufficient.

But AC shouldn't be a problem. I use it most of the time in recycling mode (100 % in city driving) but never had this issue.
I find the A/C really good in my cedia. Absolutely no problems with re-cycle also.
Even people from the rear seat appreciated the A/C ruining in medium blow in Bangalore sun.

Headlights I think they went with the regulations for headlamp rating. Certainly need upgrade.
Old 14th May 2008, 10:22   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hi Maven,

Nice ride there. Am contemplating buying a Cedia myself, and every review really makes me just do it. Need to get the dough together first.

First time I heard about the problems with the AC and lights though.
How are the brakes? Confidence inspiring like the Palio? And the build quality?
Also, let me know more about your experiences with the service center.
I've heard lots of horror stories about HM regarding service.

Have fun with your ride mate.

Cheers !!!
Old 14th May 2008, 10:25   #6
Senior - BHPian

^^Having driven a Palio Stile 1.6, I can safely assure you that the brakes are on a completely different level... significantly better.
Old 15th May 2008, 14:12   #7

For me, A/C in recycle mode is never an issue. I drive every day through Bangalore city with recycle mode on for nearly an hour.

But I had and have issues with build quality of this car. One is already mentioned in my Cedia review at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ia-review.html

The new issue is with an annoying rattling sound coming from front left door/window. I need to get this fixed soon.
Old 15th May 2008, 15:21   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
In the Cedia the windows start fogging in 10-15mins with the ac in recycle air mode. The booklet also advises to have this mode switched off.
Congrats on your new Cedia Maven..
I dont have the AC problem that you have mentioned. For me the AC starts fogging the windows for for 3-4 minutes and then windows automatically clear themselves. I was going to ask dealer about it, but then I read in the manual that this is the expected behavior.
Old 15th May 2008, 17:43   #9
BHPian

[quote=maven;829296]
Headlights - what is with the headlights? For a car that can go fast the headlights are not all that good. I am so used to the powerful lights of the palio that night driving is an issue with the cedia stock lamps. these will get changed first, this weekend.

Just check with the HM guys before you touch the electricals, It may void the warranty.
I wanted to upgrade the headlights (with a cutout) on my Cedia, but the dealer suggested I wait till 20K servicing !
Old 15th May 2008, 21:07   #10
BHPian

[quote=Jyodi Backster;831412]
Quote:
Just check with the HM guys before you touch the electricals, It may void the warranty.
I wanted to upgrade the headlights (with a cutout) on my Cedia, but the dealer suggested I wait till 20K servicing !
I did but since i am not going in for an upgrade right now(100/90's or its ilk; i will settle for osram silverstar50+ probably at this point in time).
So i can get the new ones installed from outside. Nevertheless i think a better idea would be to buy the bulbs from outside and then take them to the service centre, since mitsu isnt exactly a car that a car shop would have dealt with that frequently.
Old 15th May 2008, 21:13   #11
Senior - BHPian

Talk to the Mistu guys and get the 100/90 fitted by them.
So, you wouldnt have to void your electrical warranty.
Old 15th May 2008, 22:24   #12
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy, maven!

For the headlight, you can go for a bulb which has better throw and visibility without increasing the volt, and hence risking the warranty being voided. But then, if you find that even that is bad, I reckon you can check with the HM guys themselves if they will be able to fix one for you (might end up costing you a bit!!!)
Old 16th May 2008, 00:13   #13
BHPian

Quote:

I did but since i am not going in for an upgrade right now(100/90's or its ilk; i will settle for osram silverstar50+ probably at this point in time).
So i can get the new ones installed from outside. Nevertheless i think a better idea would be to buy the bulbs from outside and then take them to the service centre, since mitsu isnt exactly a car that a car shop would have dealt with that frequently.
Hey Congrats on the buy Maven!. Definitely do enlighten us when you find the better lighting options
Old 16th May 2008, 00:42   #14
BANNED

Good to hear that Palio still beats Cedia
Quote:
Handling - the reason why i picked the Cedia. anything south of the 3 series - this is it, except the GTX!

Last edited by diabloo : 16th May 2008 at 00:43.
Old 16th May 2008, 12:54   #15
BHPian

@ All: thank you cheers:

@ Nitrous:
i am not very sure if i should go for the 100/90's straight away or wait for a few months.

@ Happy wheels:
yes i agree with your line of thought. might as well let the service centre do the bulb switch.

@Lalvaz:
the lights will only be a problem if you have been driving a car that has a dual lamp cluster available (like the Palio or an Optra). For normal conditions they are sufficient. I was coming from the point of view of highway driving since i do that a lot.
The Brakes are good. Build quality is good too. Everything is well put together.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks