Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2008, 08:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

Good desicion there mate !! Aveo is a far better car than the DeZire. Way better in looks and really a good driver's car.
Old 18th May 2008, 19:07   #17
BHPian

Congrats, I went to check out the limited edition Aveo and the interiors looks super cool, the combination of beige and grey on the dash is very nice. I hear GM service is pretty good now a days. Unfortunately dealer did not have a TD vehicle but instead took a TD of Magnum diesel (thats a different wow story).

Do let us know your experiences after you have driven it a bit.

Wishing you happy times with Aveo.
Old 18th May 2008, 20:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Mahesh ! Good decision . Aveo sales seems to be picking up finally !
Coincidence that Mjothi ( Mahesh ) and you ( mahesh) have upgraded from zen to Aveo ! Looks like you guys have a lot in common.
Old 21st May 2008, 11:01   #19
BHPian

Thanks to all, I am just counting hours for my new car, the dealer promised the delivery on Thu and Today i have asked for Pre-Registration check. hopefully i should get it.
Old 23rd May 2008, 12:58   #20
BHPian

Atlast my New Aveo Arrived.

Atlast I got my new Aveo Limited Edition, with last minute challenges with Vijay motors, nothing to complaint, but still they have areas to improve. I opted for Ivory Gold, which turns to be right decision after the seeing the color in real.

I went to the showroom in the morning to do a pre-inspection before registration, and sign the registration forms. The car came from JP nagar branch so it took some time. Meanwhile I finished the other formalities down payments etc.

By 12 noon the car arrived it has a majestic look. They also had Cashmere (TD vehicle) I was able to see both car and compare side by side, “IVORY GOLD” won.

I took the print out of TBHP’s checklist, but somehow I missed it to carry along with me.

I verified
  1. ODO – 85 KMS
  2. Noted the Engine number and VIN number.(they even mention , in the vin number you can see the Model Year as M8 in the series.
  3. Checked the Manufacturing year in the hood plate, there also it was written M8, (is there any other way to verify?)
  4. Scanned for any other damages in body and opened the hood for leakages nothing noticed.
  5. Checked Light and indicators, wipers, Audio systems, AC etc
  6. Regular How to questions
I was satisfied with vehicle and then signed the registration papers, by then it was 1:00 PM, I want to register on the same day. So Dealer suggested me to register in Koramangala (KA01) instead of Yeswantpur (KA04). I asked for the reason, they informed me it is because of Flexibility in the submission of documents, In some RTOs they don’t take registration after 12:00 Noon.

I took the delivery by 4:30 PM, and drove down to Ulsoor , Ganesha temple, completed the pooja and new car rituals.

I was lucky to get my initials in the number plate KA-01- MD-xxxx and today morning I got the number as usual the total was 8.

Driving experience
I was thrilled and worried because it is my first sedan, bangalorians can understand the evening Bumper to bumper traffic. BMTC buses, Auto and two wheelers did not bother to see whether it a new vehicle or not. They just cross you left, right and center.

Indicators buttons are in Left, which I felt bit uneasy because I am used to my zen indicators which are in right side of steering. And also Reverse has a Lock, since it is top left, good thinking by GM.

As every Aveo Owner complaint I felt pickup drop in 2nd gear, when AC is on. Need to drive more, will update soon
Attached Thumbnails
My First Sedan Dzire(Desire) Experience ends with Aveo 1.4 LS Limited Edition.-dsc03402.jpg  

My First Sedan Dzire(Desire) Experience ends with Aveo 1.4 LS Limited Edition.-dsc03403.jpg  

My First Sedan Dzire(Desire) Experience ends with Aveo 1.4 LS Limited Edition.-dsc03404.jpg  

My First Sedan Dzire(Desire) Experience ends with Aveo 1.4 LS Limited Edition.-dsc03406.jpg  

My First Sedan Dzire(Desire) Experience ends with Aveo 1.4 LS Limited Edition.-dsc03408.jpg  

Old 23rd May 2008, 13:23   #21
BHPian

neat !! congrats buddy and have a safe drive
Old 23rd May 2008, 13:35   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Looks superb in white! Congratulations on the car. The Aveo has fantastic interiors and a great ride.
Old 23rd May 2008, 13:51   #23
BHPian

Its Ivory Gold, GTO. But I agree. It is looking smart. Enjoy and drive safe.
ps: Congrats on the car.
Old 23rd May 2008, 14:05   #24
BHPian

Congrats Mahesh for the new car. Aveo looks good in Ivory Gold.
Old 23rd May 2008, 14:12   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Congrats Mahesh ! Good decision . Aveo sales seems to be picking up finally !
Coincidence that Mjothi ( Mahesh ) and you ( mahesh) have upgraded from zen to Aveo ! Looks like you guys have a lot in common.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmahesh View Post
I was lucky to get my initials in the number plate KA-01- MD-xxxx and today morning I got the number as usual the total was 8.

As every Aveo Owner complaint I felt pickup drop in 2nd gear, when AC is on. Need to drive more, will update soon
some more in common..
I too got my initials in there.. KA-03 MJ-xxxx and the number totaling to 8
Congrats MD. It looks awesome on ivory Gold. I also agree about your comment on 2nd gear with AC. What should we do? mod it what some filters?
Old 23rd May 2008, 14:43   #26
Senior - BHPian

Looks good. As GTO said, Aveo has possibly thr best interiors in this class. Enjoy and drive safe!!
Old 23rd May 2008, 16:40   #27
BHPian

Congrats MD, Nice choice of color
Old 26th May 2008, 12:36   #28
BHPian

Wow, second Ivory Gold Aveo in this forum, and looks great again.
Old 26th May 2008, 12:41   #29
Senior - BHPian

Nice looking car Mahesh. The interiors look great too. Congratulations and do update us on the ownership and service experience.
Old 26th May 2008, 16:35   #30
BHPian

Congrats Mahesh. Aveo count is increasing.
Happy driving.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks