Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2008, 01:28   #16
BHPian

You have been really pushing it. Good fuel efficiency for the speeds you seem to be doing. How is the stability at 140+ especially on curves, do you feel the suspension getting strained or any hint of instability?
Old 29th May 2008, 10:42   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
You have been really pushing it. Good fuel efficiency for the speeds you seem to be doing. How is the stability at 140+ especially on curves, do you feel the suspension getting strained or any hint of instability?
About the speed, I drive fast only on the higway.

And the car is smooth even at 140, even on curves.
Old 29th May 2008, 10:53   #18
BHPian

Sadly, meri car ko nazzar lag gayi.

A guy banged it yesterday when I was standing in the traffic, in front of JW marriott.
It was a fiesta. When I stopped him he started saying sorry and all so my mother told me to leave him.

Next when I pulled over saw the whole bumper had come off. Tied it up with ropes and got home.

I believe the clip on locks are not broken but the screws one are. Lets see if the same bumper can be fit again. Or else my 3 months pocket money gone or even more.

Plus I got a stupid Iffco Tokio Insurance that doesn't have any tie up for cashless repair in bombay. And I had told the stupid Delhi Dealer who sold me this car that I need a ICICI loumbard insurance, but no it had to eat more commission from the insurance guy and I was in a hurry. Will fix them when I come to delhi with time on me. Till then it means I have to get all repairs on me and claim latter.

By the way anyone has any idea if there is someone with a tie up for Iffco Tokio in bombay?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

Last edited by Samurai : 29th May 2008 at 17:54. Reason: Abusive language
CR-V is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2008, 17:39   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR-V View Post
Lets see if the same bumper can be fit again. Or else my 3 months pocket money gone or even more.
Friendly piece of advise : drive only the car that you can afford to. If a bumper replacement is going to cost you three months of pocket money, it is best for you to drive around in a cheaper hatch and make the most of your life, rather than on an expensive CRV.

Second, this is neither the attitude nor the language that is welcome on Team-BHP. Mistakes can happen to anyone. Heck, 90% of us who have been driving for over a decade would have bumped our cars into someone unintentionally. What are you going to call us then?

Last edited by Samurai : 29th May 2008 at 17:55. Reason: removed quote
Old 29th May 2008, 22:59   #20
BHPian

ok, I am sorry, I got carried away.

And I have a big mouth too, people have stress in life and ought to be excused as after all human are the ones who make mistake. And not that I am a perfect driver. Plus saying that I own this car would be wrong, my parents do and they are the ones from whom i am going to ask the money from.

Actually, I am really attached to my cars and get a little senti every time they get damaged.(will work on it). But I feel they are not just machines to get you from A to B but a lot more.

Over with all my senti stuff and my bad posts (sorry about that).

I have to visit the garage tommorrow, so I was thinking to get some other jobs done too like anti-rust coating and teflon coating. So I wanted to ask is teflon coating allright?

cause, i got it on octavia and keep re-doing it once a while. But every one say its repainted and when i tell them its not than they say its because of teflon coating. is that true?

And some place where i could fine some platic transparent matts for the car ( 6 piece). Cpuld find them any where yet.

And ya Sorry again I am no one to comment on any ones driving specially when i don't even have a license myself. All my apologies from heart.
Old 29th May 2008, 23:36   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And ya Sorry again I am no one to comment on any ones driving specially when i don't even have a license myself
Are you kidding me? Seriously now, I think you should wait for a bit before flaying someone else for their driving.

On a lighter note, thats a nice car you have there. Something my father might consider as his next purchase. Thanks for the review!
Old 29th May 2008, 23:39   #22
BHPian

Beautiful Car. I drove an Automatic 08 model in Kuala Lumpur in March and was just amazed at it.

ON speeds above 100+ too, (which is common in KL) the car seemed to be very sturdy and safe. Never felt need for anything more in a car like it.
Old 29th May 2008, 23:41   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here are the links, it is in four small parts:-
1.YouTube - Car show
2.YouTube - Car show
3.YouTube - Car show
4.YouTube - Car show

Do comment.
Thanks

CR-V

PS: It is all shot in one go with no retakes, hopefully will do better with the next video.
Nice videos. Try getting someone with more steady hands to hold the camera(phone)

Hope you are able to get the car back in shape. And hope you dont get senti and all again.

Accidents happen, you will feel senti if you dont accept its just an accident.
Old 11th January 2009, 07:50   #24
Senior - BHPian

Does anybody have information about the maintenance costs of the CR-V ? or atleast the cost during regular service ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks